The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Didn't get nothing out of it lol.

Literally.

No rules, no book, no models. Most of the nurgle talk centred around a few heroes as they were being killed by stormcast...

Well they got new models in the End times, which were more or less the first AoS releases. Same goes for Death and Skaven. The Glottkin book was released bit over two years ago, which in "Army book update time" is not a long time.

In any case, new daemons and maybe similar set as Tzaangor are quite safe bet for the Death guard, so an update for AoS is quite safe bet soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Complaining about the bloodbound and Stormcast books being made obsolete so guickly is a somewhat valid, but the index books, like the grand alliance books, were clearly and deliberately designed as a stopgap.

I think my only complaint was BoK didn't syngergise the three Khorne factions particularly well ;)

However back on the "rumour" front (not read it on this thread yet), Warhammer TV are broadcasting a show each day next week at 3pm UK time to showcase the factions & rule changes within the Generals handbook.  Yesterday we had Blades of Khorne and Soulblight (Vampires) which covered how some of the allies rules work, some of the new allegiance abilities and a new battleplan (which looked amazing).  @Antipodean7 is compiling all of the confirmed handbook rules too.

• Like 2

GW are nothing if not unpredictable and inconsistent!

Despite the moans about possible new stormcasts because they have however many kits already, GW just released a brand new range of space marines, which i cant believe anyone was crying out for, but i do believe will sell like hot cakes. Expect more stormcasts!

Definitely expect a nurgle book, probably around october if Death Guard are in sept. Absence from the GHB also suggests a deathrattle and aelf book coming up - my money is currently on scourge privateers getting a massive revamp.

So Deathless Minions is now soulblight only and can not be improved to 5+! Cue wailing and gnashing of teeth (appropriate for death).

Marauder min unit size is 10, suggesting worries about all horde units going to min 20 are unfounded.

Lastly, on the new army book discussion, gw did indeed announce their plan to release codexes quickly after the index books, however doesn't change the end result - they are still not getting my money for codexes which i believe offer little value AND devalue products ive just bought!

18 months between the 1st and 2nd editions of the Stormcast and Khorne books is just about tolerable, but if that became standard practice for all factions i would stop buying all the battletomes! 

Wouldn't battletomes being updated be a good thing? I've certainly heard Seraphon and Skaven pestilence players wanting such upgraded battletomes to get those bells and whistles. (Or at least use the General handbook to boost them)

The rumor engine did show what looked like a shield with a lion over anvil symbol so a hero Stormcast release looks likely unless the anvil part is more significant.(possibly as lore-wise it was Grungni who made their armor so a dwarf hero that reminds the Stormcast of that wouldn't be out of the question)

im cool with buying books as long as the content is there. army points is kind of a side addon as its great to have in print, and you dont need it to play the army.

i dont really understand the criticism of invalidating books. the index and grand alliance books are designed with a purpose, to provide a physical collection of warscrolls or datasheets up to date at the time. a battletome or codex is a book covering in detail you faction from lore, to rules add ons for narrative and matched play games. sure my stormcast battletome has an obsolete path to glory section and may have changed points at the back, but that does not bring down the value to me. unless they release a stormcast v.1.3.4 beta alpha hd remix a week later, i see no harm is having the generals handbook give us updates. but then again, maybe i like to buy my books for more than like the 2 to 3 pages of points?

anyways, do we know if well see a faction spotlight for darkling covens?

• Like 1

I remember when they announced Tzeentch in Tzanguary and wrote something like "a great aos release and we are still in january! Expect greatness in 2017!". It's understandable why people wanted more even shortly after Kharadrons. Hope that GH2 isn't the big star of this gencon for AoS. It's barely a second breakfast for this community hunger, especially after all those rumours. 

Yikes! Nearly dropped my baby when that was posted. Aaaaand here we are! Just bought the bits to build my own epidemius but with the fresh article from Belloflostsouls and this cryptic nurgle news showing up, I am unsure if we might expect a new model within the next couple of month..

• Like 2

Do I see a female Stormcast hero?

It looks like it at around 0:38, the shadowy figure it's surely a Stormcast, looks new and looks feminine.

We can also see her in the BLIGHTWAR art if I'm not mistaken...

EDIT:

New Plaguebearer Slug Riders at 0:15?

slug2.JPG.517156012fd2ef9e7b09618721ad849b.JPG

That makes 3 Rumour engines (slug feet, lion pauldron and lion cape).

Edited by Garxia

1 minute ago, PraetorDragoon said:

SCE & Nurgle characters?

Let's hope. There is definitely a new Stormcast hero - the model at 0:38 is new and seems to be female, as noted  before. She has no helmet, seems to have the Stormcast Halo reserved to heroes, and she appears on the painting at the end (on the painting it would also appear that she is female).

Can't wait to see the Battletome and hopefully a bunch of new Nurgle models - a few units and a few heroes?