The Rumour Thread

26 minutes ago, Nagash42 said:

Grimdark live talked about hob-gob wolf riders coming for kruelboyz.

They also talk about Chaos Dwarves coming! (thought probably won't be called that hehe) and that they'll spill more info on that later. 

I saw them talk about the hobgob wolf riders in yesterday's stream, but don't recall them saying anything more about Chaos Dwarfs specifically. Was that in there and I missed it or a different stream? They were spot on the money with Dominion, like down to the specific details. Never did I think there was literally a hobgob unit like they said. So I'm inclined to believe them.

39 minutes ago, Nagash42 said:

Grimdark live talked about hob-gob wolf riders coming for kruelboyz.

They also talk about Chaos Dwarves coming! (thought probably won't be called that hehe) and that they'll spill more info on that later. 

23 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

If it’s true that Chaos Dwarfs will come along eventually I really hope they more like the AoS model they released and less like the Forgeworld ones.

EDB6C813-EF3D-4395-A147-F2E386C94140.jpeg

I’m pretty sure AOS chorfs are called Furnace Kings(I hereby propose FK as the abbreviation), and if we go off the hobgobbos they seem to have an “industrial samurai” feel to them this time around.

8 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I’m pretty sure AOS chorfs are called Furnace Kings(I hereby propose FK as the abbreviation), and if we go off the hobgobbos they seem to have an “industrial samurai” feel to them this time around.

Yeah, Furnace Kings is the name thrown around in some of the lore. StD calls them the Furnace Kings of Azgorh. In the Warcry novel and Eight Lamentations they're also called just Furnace Kings. The Bonereapers battletome calls them "infernal duardin", the Fyreslayer's White Dwarf article, the Sons of Behemat battletome, and the Chaos novel where they appear in the camp (I forgot the name of the book) just calls them Chaos-worshipping duardin.

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 2

It's funny that we've had all those different factions and I like quite a few of them, but it's with 3.0, the rumors we've heard so far and the rise of destruction that I instantly feel more at home. It just gives the whole setting that slight vibe of the old world. Cool Orcs sorry Orruks ;), that actually have a miniature range, were really missing. The Kruelboys, despite the stupid name, might be one of the most important armies of the whole setting. 

Now they only need to get SCE right and give the CoS some new units. Or just sculpts. Orcs and humans. The base line of Warhammeresque fantasy.

• Like 2

The thing I love about the Kruelboyz is the licenses they took. I keep hearing LotR like orcs, but they are so much more cartoony and stylish and yet deviate enormously from the post 4th edition, canon Warhammer orcs. Don't get me wrong, the warhammer orc (and goblins) is one of the most venerable creations in GW's history. But precisely because of that the boldness of coming up with something new that supplements the canon is just great. And they nailed it. Kudos for that. 

Plus, the "emerging out of the swamp" effect on the clothes is just great.

I think the SCE also look fantastic, but wouldn't it have been a mindblowing set if it was cities of sigmar (or oder of azyr or devotees or whatever)? If 3 edition is about the cruel reality of expansion into this dangerous world, that made more sense. I get the space marine complex that is sells better if you have those super heroes there. But still...

I am not sure if this has been discussed, but doesnt the set also look unbalanced? All sorts of elites by SCE with the same amount of heroes than Kruelboyz, one of which is top tier? Yndrasta or whatever she is called might cost close to an important part of the boyz side by herself!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I’m not getting a Japanese feel from the new Hobgrots. Maybe I’m projecting a bit but their helmets specifically feel like an industrialized Neo-Assyrian type deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turgol said:

I think the SCE also look fantastic, but wouldn't it have been a mindblowing set if it was cities of sigmar (or oder of azyr or devotees or whatever)? If 3 edition is about the cruel reality of expansion into this dangerous world, that made more sense. I get the space marine complex that is sells better if you have those super heroes there. But still...

the 3.0 video shows an Amethyst wizard dying, I'd like to think that means COS is getting a little something. There was also a Fyreslayer being stabbed right before that, so reinforcements for Order in general perhaps?

1 hour ago, Vomikron said:

I’m not getting a Japanese feel from the new Hobgrots. Maybe I’m projecting a bit but their helmets specifically feel like an industrialized Neo-Assyrian type deal.

I could be wrong, given that my knowledge of Babylonian/Assyrian/most of the Middle Eastern armor ironically(I’m Egyptian) isn’t great.

1 hour ago, Turgol said:

I am not sure if this has been discussed, but doesnt the set also look unbalanced? All sorts of elites by SCE with the same amount of heroes than Kruelboyz, one of which is top tier? Yndrasta or whatever she is called might cost close to an important part of the boyz side by herself!

I can’t find it right now but this seems to be a long tradition for GW where point disparities between the two side are common.  That said who knows what points logic is coming?

I am very interested in the possible implication of the weaponry of the Hobgrots. I am curious if AOS will develop a blast effect rule similar to 40k, it might make black powered artillery more distinctive, be a part of certain monsters, have effects in siege mechanics, and could be a big part of Chaos Dwarves weaponry. I am probably overthinking this but I still want canons to feel different from ballistas and the like.

3 hours ago, Vomikron said:

If it’s true that Chaos Dwarfs will come along eventually I really hope they more like the AoS model they released and less like the Forgeworld ones.

A minor thing to note is that, if I'm remembering things right, the Legion of Azgorh models were never meant to be a replacement to the old Chorf designs. As the name implies, they were their own subset of Chorfs with a distinct look, the same as Tamurkhan's horde was to Chaos Warriors. You can see some of the LoA units still had the same design cues as the oldschool Chorfs, such as the crew members on the artillery.

Whether or not GW sticks with that for a hypothetical Chorf revival/reinvention remains to be seen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vomikron said:

I wasn’t a fan of the infernal legion myself, I do hope they go along the lines of this. I also hope they let us take “legally” the older FW units. The sculpts looked good for modern standards, and they costed a fortune.

3 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

A minor thing to note is that, if I'm remembering things right, the Legion of Azgorh models were never meant to be a replacement to the old Chorf designs. As the name implies, they were their own subset of Chorfs with a distinct look, the same as Tamurkhan's horde was to Chaos Warriors. You can see some of the LoA units still had the same design cues as the oldschool Chorfs, such as the crew members on the artillery.

Whether or not GW sticks with that for a hypothetical Chorf revival/reinvention remains to be seen.

So far, GW seems to be catering towards nostalgia in factions like lumineth / he. I’d expect some new stuff mixed in with the FW models. Plastic will be a relieve, as FW resin is a pain, besides being horribly overpriced.

40 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

I wasn’t a fan of the infernal legion myself, I do hope they go along the lines of this. I also hope they let us take “legally” the older FW units. The sculpts looked good for modern standards, and they costed a fortune.

They'll probably be tossed into Legends.

Which doesn't mean you can't use them as proxies/conversions, of course!

41 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

If they redesign the Chorfs to be reminiscent of the ones of WHFB, i hope they combine the two styles. Have the soldiers look like the cool Azgorh troops (fireglaives and such), and the priests/engineers look like the big hat Babylonians.

Or I hope they go nutty with it and they are all silly half-armored bucketheads like the Chorf from Warcry, or crazy looking demonic armor.

10 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

If they redesign the Chorfs to be reminiscent of the ones of WHFB, i hope they combine the two styles. Have the soldiers look like the cool Azgorh troops (fireglaives and such), and the priests/engineers look like the big hat Babylonians.

Or I hope they go nutty with it and they are all silly half-armored bucketheads like the Chorf from Warcry, or crazy looking demonic armor.

I keep hoping that they have two styles of heads on the sprues that way everyone is happy. Although they did indicate that hobgobs are using armour from their dark patrons so I assume we have an indication of the direction they are going.

Edited by Neverchosen

4 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

if we go off the hobgobbos they seem to have an “industrial samurai” feel to them this time around

I had the same feeling.

Red ropes and that "Big temple-palace eske doors" as chestplates reminds me of something from Japan.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

They'll probably be tossed into Legends.

Which doesn't mean you can't use them as proxies/conversions, of course!

Ouch! Chorfs are better on display anyway, but never understood why there hasn’t been more outrage over the recent trends in “legending”.

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I had the same feeling.

Red ropes and that "Big temple-palace eske doors" as chestplates reminds me of something from Japan.

They ll likely be a good contrast with infernal industrious dwarves. I hope they lean hard on the industrial bit, and not exclusively the magic aspect.

• LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

Ouch! Chorfs are better on display anyway, but never understood why there hasn’t been more outrage over the recent trends in “legending”.

At this point, getting any Forgeworld (boxed games excluded) for anything but the model alone is setting yourself up for disappointment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I hope those crossbow bros come in a full box eventually, they look super cool.

Also, if we’re getting Hobgrot wolf riders, I hope we see Stormcast get some cavalry. Pegasi knights would be pretty outstanding, or some medium shock cavalry on gryphchargers.

21 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I hope those crossbow bros come in a full box eventually, they look super cool.

Also, if we’re getting Hobgrot wolf riders, I hope we see Stormcast get some cavalry. Pegasi knights would be pretty outstanding, or some medium shock cavalry on gryphchargers.

Stormcast will get some kind of drake, because Kragnos has an ability that makes him better against Dracothians, Dracolines and Drakes. We don’t have any models with the drake keyword so I it’s save to say that they will get some Drake Cavalary.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The Ossiarch Underworlds warband hasn't been out for two days and already the next one's up for pre-order in a week?

I guess that all but confirms Season 5 will be in September if they're rushing them out the door.

12 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I wouldn't say they rushed, it's taken 6 months to get them all out and they skipped a month so had 2 warbands released in May. 

We'll probably be shown a new road map soon, showing what's coming. 

In regards to Underworlds I wonder where the next Season will take place? This Edition is set in Ghur but so were the last 2 Seasons of Underworld? Maybe itll switch up Realms? I'm also wondering what Factions will get Warbands this Season. I'd say it's safe to say Kruelboyz will be included and perhaps SCE.

1 minute ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Out of curiosity, which Battletomes do you think will get updated first, after the two launch armies? 

I would hope for it being the ers of the Beast that Destruction would be amongst the first but I could see them staggering it. Perhaps because we had Order and Destruction with SCE and KB now we will go Chaos and Destruction and then Death and Destruction. 

So possibly next could be Khorne and Gloomspite then Nighthaunt and Mawtribes.