The Rumour Thread

Those sets really need to be at different price ranges (at least some of them) or else some armies are gonna get screwed over (unless they're all based on that 4 mages box in which case these would be some of the best sets ever, since that one should be by far cheapest). I'm mainly talking about nighthaunt, because buying those guys seperately costs about just as much as skirmish boxes would so if gw sells these at skirmish box costs, then nighthaunt gets like barely 5 euro discount.

Also interesting to point out: spiderfang box content would currently cost in points about 480, so something there is gonna get massive point discount (maybe finally seperate points for spiders without shamen).

• Like 1

On the literary front...

What will this Hammerhal novella you are working on explore? can you give an idea of what the story will be about?

I can say two things: a hint as to what it's about - in part - is on pp. 29 of the Disciples of Tzeentch battletome. And pretty much all of the Hammerhal portion of the story takes place atop one of the city's aether-ports. There are Stormcast characters, mortal characters (human, aelf and duardin), and Chaos characters - including tzaangor.

Basically, it's a 'get everything cool/explain everything about AOS into one novella' sort of story. So there's lots of 'here's how the realms/cities/gods/etc. work' mixed with some sneaking about and some fighting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, angrycontra said:

Also interesting to point out: spiderfang box content would currently cost in points about 480, so something there is gonna get massive point discount (maybe finally seperate points for spiders without shamen).

The text of the post indicates, and I quote: "Each one of these boxes contains around 400 points worth of miniatures." While this might indicate a decrease in points in one or more units, it doesn't necessarily mean anything of the sort. 

2 hours ago, rokapoke said:

The text of the post indicates, and I quote: "Each one of these boxes contains around 400 points worth of miniatures." While this might indicate a decrease in points in one or more units, it doesn't necessarily mean anything of the sort. 

So interestingly, there is only one set that current comes in above 400 points. That being the Venom Clan boxed set, coming in at 480 points. 

I don't know much about Spiderfang, but if we take it that all sets should be 400 or less (Allies in standard games), then I think potentially we could see Spider Riders drop to 80 for 5 or 160 for 10 (Depending on how GW pushes their box set = min size agenda) and the Arachnarok comes down to 240. Alternatively,t he Arachnarok could drop a ton (or different prices for different variants), but 80 points is a lot to drop.

I think that's a pretty good guess. I would fathom they indicated they all come in 'around' 400 points is because a few of the sets under GHB1 points come in at less.

Overall, loving the fact we're going to get more discounted boxed sets more than anything. As long as the value is good, I think these are all excellent combinations to add as products. It also solves the dilemna for some factions, where a Start Collecting Box would likely need to double up on kits or provide all the kits in the range, something GW doesn't seem to be very keen on doing.

For example, Daughters of Khaine. A Start Collecting set for them would likely need to double up on a Witch Elf set, or provide the Doomfire Warlocks and hence have every kit in their range. This boxed set avoids that, by not marketing itself as a Start Collecting, but hopefully providing pretty good value none the less.

Good to finally get confirmation about the Handbook release date, also going to be interesting to see what kind of tokens and the like they have for the Warlords Edition. I got burned a bit by buying into all that stuff in 8th edition (Most of it still sitting around unopened), so going to be a bit wary this time around and make sure that it's going to be useful for my games. 

Overall, bring on GHB2017!

Edited by someone2040

8 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Overall, loving the fact we're going to get more discounted boxed sets more than anything. As long as the value is good, I think these are all excellent combinations to add as products. It also solves the dilemna for some factions, where a Start Collecting Box would likely need to double up on kits or provide all the kits in the range, something GW doesn't seem to be very keen on doing.

For example, Daughters of Khaine. A Start Collecting set for them would likely need to double up on a Witch Elf set, or provide the Doomfire Warlocks and hence have every kit in their range. This boxed set avoids that, by not marketing itself as a Start Collecting, but hopefully providing pretty good value none the less.

I kinda like this direction that some of the small factions will be more ally factions than full allegiances. Gives them purpose without drowning the game in factions. And that of course doesn't stop them from fleshing them up later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rover1875 said:

Hoping with the Necromunda release, we get an AOS version of Mordheim.

Loving the new ally boxes!! The warherd one will supplement my current minotaurs quite nicely :)

just gotta hope for decent prices in Australia.

Wasn't til I clicked on the Necromunda news and saw some pictures that I remembered I played it as a kid! I had the guys with the long trenchcoats and rifles. 

33 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

God Damnit! I didn't want to spend money I don't have on cool stuff like Minotaurs and sexy Aelves....

-_______-

I really, really, REALLY, wish I could afford new models, and I would pounce on the Minotaurs in a heartbeat.  While I do love my Ironjawz, I have been wanting to play a Minotaur army since I started wargaming back in 2010.  And now here they are with their round bases for AoS.  Hopefully these bundles stick around for a while...

18 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/14/narrative-play-in-the-generals-handbook-2017-aug14gw-homepage-post-4/

Stuff for narrative play.

I do love that Time of War, though it looks like they're still location specific.

Yeah, that sucks as I had hoped it was more generic "battles in the Realm of X can have these rules" instead of specific locations within those realms, but the concept I love.

21 minutes ago, wayniac said:

Yeah, that sucks as I had hoped it was more generic "battles in the Realm of X can have these rules" instead of specific locations within those realms, but the concept I love.

It could mean that in a same realm, you could have different rules depending on the location.

• Like 1

Is the Daughters of Khaine the only set with Aelves? I'm still hoping for a faction update for Wanderers down the road, but doesn't the inclusion of this box sorta imply that Aelves aren't getting an update? If they were, I doubt they would create this bundle.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tidings said:

Is the Daughters of Khaine the only set with Aelves? I'm still hoping for a faction update for Wanderers down the road, but doesn't the inclusion of this box sorta imply that Aelves aren't getting an update? If they were, I doubt they would create this bundle.

if you notice, all the new boxes are fringe factions that best fit the new setting. so its not to say that these are taking place of the new aelves, but they are going to complement them very well. we already know that tenebral shard from the silver tower fits this barbarian aelf aesthetic that the daughters of khaine have, and the spiderfang have gotten a ton of inclusion in the realmgate wars stories. these are the most sensible boosters to an army in the long run. they also are more in line with the model design theory that sigmar has had since launch. less static, less obviously rank in file in origin, more dynamic, (outside of the grave guard, they could use an update...)

• Like 2