The Rumour Thread

Fireforge Games just launched a Kickstarter for their Fantasy Dwarfs.

The armour's a bit... 'human' for my tastes, but they're multipart plastics, so if you're looking for something more mundane in your Dispossessed they might interest you.

Oh and (funnily enough) they included mixed gender units if you wanted some female Dwarf bits.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Could you imagine if every new stormcast or male miniature got "ugh I wish they would show more bulge! Why can't they make the men hotter!". I don't think we're a bad community by any stretch but literally multiple comments every time a female model is shown would be pretty exhausting to read for a woman thinking of getting into the hobby.

To be fair, Katakros already has the corner on that market.  I doubt anyone would feel the game has an absence of bulge as long as the Mortarch of Packin' is around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fireforge Games just launched a Kickstarter for their Fantasy Dwarfs.

The armour's a bit... 'human' for my tastes, but they're multipart plastics, so if you're looking for something more mundane in your Dispossessed they might interest you.

Oh and (funnily enough) they included mixed gender units if you wanted some female Dwarf bits.

I will beg GW for female Dwarf models until they day I die at this rate.  

Where's my badass Runemothers or Female Admiral? 

• Like 2

Just now, King Under the Mountain said:

I'm still waiting for Valaya to return with her faction of Dawi and give Nagash a smack around the chops in revenge for the End Times. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I could see them giving the dispossessed to Valaya so each dwarf god gets an army. Shield sisters, hearth mothers and warden queens could be cool models.

• Like 2

Just now, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I could see them giving the dispossessed to Valaya so each dwarf god gets an army. Shield sisters, hearth mothers and warden queens could be cool models.

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm still waiting for Valaya to return with her faction of Dawi and give Nagash a smack around the chops in revenge for the End Times. 

Valaya returning and getting a centerpiece mini is definitely something I can get behind.  

While the boys are too busy making Stormcast/being literal gold pieces, she can get some work done!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Ahhh, thanks for reminding me new Slaanesh female models. There's still hope.

But this lady right here? My eyes bleed

Why must a chaos warrior be pretty? These are people wearing refrigerators for armour and roided out on chaotic blessings to the point of being near stormcast size. Not to mention the not insignificant chance of sprouting horns, tentacles or a dozen other mutations. We don't complain when they give the men different body types, let GW do the same for their women.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Something I really enjoyed about the recent WD Wanderer stories was some of the badass Dwarf ladies. The story of the bar owner was a personal favorite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grim Beasties said:

Something I really enjoyed about the recent WD Wanderer stories was some of the badass Dwarf ladies. The story of the bar owner was a personal favorite.

Need to catch up on White Dwarf, since I haven't been in a shop since the first lockdown, I havent picked any up.

Also new profile pic to represent badass Dwarf Women. 

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd say Valaya will reunite with Grungni if she'll come back and recreate the Khazalid empire, still some shield-maiden should be given and even runepriestess\runeladies "at least" (but i hope for more than that).
Still more female option for models should be nice, but GW always had some problem with female heads (but as already some said the paintjob is the major problem).
I don't like that lately seems that most female models (stormcast)  have the sidecut, sororitas fortunately retained their classic hairstyle but i'd say sidecuts are a repetitive and annoying style if done every time, some flowing manes or tails should be interesting enough or even some "more refined hairstyles".
Let's see, i liked Borri Kraglan and Orrum and even in Fyreslayer novels there were some secondary character really interesting.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

1 hour ago, Mattrulesok said:

it's ok guys ive fixed her

IMG_1128.JPG

It looks like she skinned off someone’s face to use as an organic face mask to cleanse her pours of the inevitable blood splatter from raiding a puny peasant village; she’s going to fit perfectly with my Blades of Khorne army 

Edited by AngryPanda

4 hours ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Alright, I analysed the map and here's the list.

I wrote down all locations starting with 'The' but think we can pretty much exclude them. Thondia is in big letters as it's the most likely in my opinion - in the 3rd editiom reveal stream they mentioned that Thondia will be the most important of shown regions and also it's sorta where Excelsis is. Feel free to point out any location I possibly missed

Screenshot_20210521-143328_Samsung Notes.jpg

Based on the fact that we only have a maximum of 8 days left, I think it's safe to assume it will spell out something with 9 or less characters. 

That leaves us with: 

* The Svlind
* The Craw
* The Mar
* The Drench
* Thondia
* Tuskvault

3 minutes ago, pitzok said:

don't forget the jar!

Judging by her face expression, I'd say that our new chaos lady has already achieved that and many other things. She's not easily intimidated...

Edited by Aeryenn

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

md17EkhmhcaRavRy.jpg.de30ce1e590f2baf0cae7dd532f9ff4e.jpg

Event-exclusive only model.

I know a couple of posters here will be really happy but I've got zero problems with this being exclusive - not exactly my style, I really think they overdo all the holes and scratches, this is not Nurgle. Yet there are some great details in there and I really like that the armor has some ever so slightly feminine design cues in there, so much better than sticking girls into obviously "male" armor. A true shame this is event-only. Might not be my style but the sculpt would deserve to be more readily available to S2D players...some guys on ebay will surely be really happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

Soup is cool if it fits... soup is not cool if e.g. Ironjawz are said to kinda despise their lesser kin and suddenly they share a battletome with their most primitive relatives out of all orruks. Make zero sense. And it's not like people really mix and match those two subfactions either. I know the battletome is all in all in a decent spot but when I read that there's no room for new IJ units because the current ones work well together and then i play them all the time and see an army of clones, I'm not so sure...

It makes perfect sense: it is a Big Waaagh! All of Orruk kind unites for one; and if you don’t like that as a player, just run the separate, unique allegiance. Ironjawz & Bonesplitters have not been “merged.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

A lot of people don't realise that these models are also female in Slaanesh 😛

Not every female models need to be attractive to you, it's a bit weird to think so tbh - same as it would be weird to be upset that not every male model looks like Sigvald.

EnW187CXMAooqV3.jpg

99120201101_HoSSymbareshTwinsoulsLead.jpg

The gender-fluid stuff from Slaanesh is not really a rock solid argument tho for arguing for either male or female minis. xD Anyways, the new model is great as it is clearly feminine. Might not have AoS's equivalent of the bodyshape of a playmate but there are some very subtle design cues, like the shoulder pads or the chest area that differentiate her from the other Chaos Warriors. I'll never accept the normal CW sculpts as girls, this new one I happily do.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

ASXiOPMO2SjIYrya.jpg.d8cf882d95a4a268980a89d27bf44a3e.jpg

"My studies have identified many locations within Ghur that begin with the letter ‘T’, and despite the details bound within the image, I could glean no useful information as to who or what might dwell there."

that hand, doesn't that look a bit similar to this one:

2020-05-12.jpg

not cionvinced myself, but could be

Edited by Lowki

1 minute ago, Televiper11 said:

It makes perfect sense: it is a Big Waaagh! All of Orruk kind unites for one; and if you don’t like that as a player, just run the separate, unique allegiance. Ironjawz & Bonesplitters have not been “merged.”

Dunno, I'm not an Ork player and never will be (minus a warband I had in gorkamorka -I loved those boys)... but I do know two guys now that collect 'em and want more IJ. I read here everywhere from a couple of guys that IJ are complete and every new unit would simply dilute the concept but I rather trust the guys opinions I know since 20 years who clearly ask for more IJ and couldn't care less about Bonesplitters (and I'm sure there are BS (unfortunate acronym) players that would love a few more kits and are not into IJs). I'm not arguing for Lumineth or Slaanesh second waves but a unit or two and 2 more heroes could surely make for a nice update on top of the third subfaction that is coming.

On 5/17/2021 at 4:25 PM, Lavieth said:

Im going to preface this as I'm not going at you Angry Panda. I really liked your post. I just needed this last quote.

Probably better served for a thread of it's own, but can you blame GW?  For some reason so much of the player base feels a sense entitlement to know the business practices of the company and then when there is no "communication" there is an unnecessary amount of rage directed towards them. I'm sorry to say it, but, if GW doesn't feel the need to disclose stuff to the comminuty that is their prerogative. 

There are far to many instances where very influential content creators have gone out of their way to stir up discontent and encourage a large amount of negativity towards GW. Just look at all the people trolling GW during their live streams. When the loudest part of feedback is generally negative and not even constructive, I would argue, it compounds the reasons why GW would be more inclined to being silent about things, especially when it  comes to reveals amd things that, us as the community, should be excited for because it means new models to see on the tables. A lot of these content creators need to assume a level of social responsibility for how they act and how they can negatively influence reactions because of their platform. They also need to remember that the company they like to dig at, and further more the hard working people at GW who do not deserve personal attacks, are the reason they have a platform and in some cases have been able to turn it into a career of sorts. 

With that said, I hope the aforementioned rumor about expanding existing armies is true. I'd love to see an expansion on the Fyreslayers that isn't just the Warclans treatment. This would be a great opportunity for GW to increase the range and add a uniqueness to them that their range is in need of.

My apologies for the long response time, it’s been a hectic week. I agree with you, content creators tend to go overboard with certain criticisms, and don’t take into consideration the impact they have on the community at large. Even outside of Warhammer, there are tons of communities where this is a huge issue, and a number of people or companies suffer the brunt of unnecessary/over-the-top criticism due to the words of a handful of people. 

GW 100% has the right to disclose any information that they choose to, and I very much prefer that this is the case (out of autonomy) to an extent. Private matters such as law suits, employment, or internal matters are confidential, and should continue to be this way. 

There are other instances however, where I feel that disclosure of certain information is somewhat necessary, especially when it comes to community expectations. Not because they need to, but rather to build trust with their consumers and to tighten the communities connections to one another.

Just to give a brief example, the image attached is a conversation in which a GW representative confirmed that primaris would have SIA in the Deathwatch release back in October, which they did...but as a almost useless 2 cp stratagem that nobody uses. I can’t help but feel that Cursed City is in a very similar boat, for all the advertising made it reasonable to assume that this was going to be a supporter long-term release. 

If GW is to disclose info to the community, I’d much rather have them (with reasonability) be up front and honest about what’s expected, so that as a customer I know of what’s to come and I’m not disappointed or discouraged. 

F2F1F630-7F2E-495C-8ECE-925EB49A1381.jpeg

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Thanks 1