The Rumour Thread

Just now, Televiper11 said:

Are BoC the only faction to get nothing out of BR?

I’d still have preferred Kragnos to be BoC and Destruction gets a massive plastic Rogue Idol. Oh well!

Skaven, Khorne, Boc, (technically all destruction factions will get kragnos but its unlikely they'll get individual rules although gitz are confirmed.)

17 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Great preview... but really, really sad. Kragnos didn't turn out to be Kurnothi nor Beastmen. He's just a Be'lakor of Destruction basically, not a leader of a new faction. 

What really bothers me it's that he is a centaur. Kurnothi warband has a centaur as well. Now I'm afraid that Kurnothi warband was just a one time thing.

That he is a centaur, really lowers down the possibility that we will ever get a Kurnothi army.

3 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

Are BoC the only faction to get nothing out of BR?

I’d still have preferred Kragnos to be BoC and Destruction gets a massive plastic Rogue Idol. Oh well!

Blades of Khorne and Skaven also didn't got anything.

And Hedonites, but you know, they had a full Battletome.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

Just wondering but i have a feeling the Necromancer side of LoN may not be ported into Gravelords and they maybe part of something else in the future. just by glancing at all that has been revealed

There is the necromancer on the corpse cart. I'd be surprised if the foot necromancer isn't in the book too.

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

I think those are the new skellies, and the WHC article does say that we've now seen all the new SBGL units.

ok so basically Soulblight gonna get that LRL and SLaanehs treatment. LMAO  

See ya in 8 months when the second half of the army is released. 

• Like 2

Just now, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Wait, that vampiric sword arm rumour engine still hasn't been solved has it!? 

Nope, it looks like an FEC hand doesnt it? You meant the sword pointing down attributed to the feral vampires (mistakenly) 

I don't think Kragnos being announced is gonna affect Gordrakk TOO much - Order has several godlike figures, Chaos has Archie and Be'lakor as well as the four named greater daemons, Death has Nagash and the Mortarchs - if anything, his release just means that Destruction is more likely to have even more mega-OP-pls-nerf characters in future imo

• Thanks 2

wolves will ride

I'm wondering if we may return to big grand alliance books temporarily for the start of 3.0 and then have a gradual book release for specific factions.

Could even be no new faction specific tomes and just story arcs with rule updates like Broken Realms had.

Screenshot_20210503-130701.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-130743.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-130426.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Feii said:

I mean...

• new skeletons
  • new zombies
  • new dire wolves
  • new fell bats
  • new blood knights
  • new generic vampire lord
  • new generic mounted wight king
  • prince of rats
  • thirsting blade
  • radukar super-saiyan
  • belladama
  • mother of nightmares/vengorian lord

bolted onto an already pretty solid range of plastics... That's a good update on its own. There's a few conceivable slots they could have filled (vampire non-character infantry, some sort of cavalry vampire lord) but that's a very decent release, much more than was expected a few months ago.

Edited by sandlemad
added extras
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ganigumo said:

Nearly identical to a 2+ against spells on a 7, much better against anything lower, better than a 3+ against spells with a CV of 8.

very good.

Are there any spells with a casting value higher than 8?

Belladama has to be my favorite reveal. Babushka Vampire being the primogenitor of Radukar's bloodline is pretty cool. Also since vampires don't age someone saw this little old lady and thought "she would make a strong new vampiric bloodline."

I imagine she was chosen for her ability to resist death for so long. Nagash showed up on her 100th birthday and rewarded her for her sheer tenacity.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Feii said:

Quite possible.

I did expect more for Soulblight.