The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

If Kragnos is destruction, I don't think he is a greenskin, but more a generic Destruction Godbeast-being.

As time has gone on I wonder if there is more evidence suggesting he's not destruction. Destruction is getting new toys with the 3.0 starter, almost certainly.   

I'm keeping fingers crossed it's a BoC thing.  I think they're one of the only factions (maybe Khorne ? and all of the destruction GA that haven't even been mentioned in any of the books (let alone got rules / release)

11 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Ok, so Goblin Shape shifters? 

like Primal Goblins with strong affinity towards Beasts. They worship Various animals, including wolves, Bears. Some can shape-shift or at least take on aspects of these animals. Their Totemic deity is Kragnos?

I don’t think I’ve ever grasped at straws so much trying to crack this.  

possible aesthetic links to Kallikantzaros and more fantasy iterrations cloven hoofed Hobgoblins?

In D&d there are Barghests, Devils that can take the shape of a goblin, a wolf or something in between... (I don't think we are going to get Barghests, but it's fun to throw wild speculations)

Barghest.jpg

Edited by Grotbag Scuttlers When
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Ok, I have a thing for treacherous races, so hobgoblins were my second favourite one after my beloved Skaven (with the other greenskin following close).
  I'm excited to read that hobgoblins are re-confirmed (with whatever brand new name) Or something so similar to them that will probably take their place in my heart anyway.

Will my hopes be fulfilled or will my heart be shattered by dissapointment? We can only wait and keep an eye on Whitefang's reactions.

19 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Okay, now I don't know if anyone feels me, but

... what if there is no Malerion faction, and there won't be one? Up until now we didn't really get a glimpse of Shadow Aelves except maybe Khainite Shadowstalkers. Morathi and her Melusai use the Lore of Shadows. The shadowy, winged agent who freed Van Brecht turned out to be one of Be'lakor's agents.

We know that Malerion wasn't too fond of his mother in the beginning, but he didn't excactly stop her though he must have been aware. What if Malerion came too admire her cunning, proactive ways once again, as he did in the World that Was?

There will be a Malerion model, but I think he might come as part of a Broken Realms volume, and then be attached to Daughters of Khaine, maybe even renaming the faction to Umbraneth Shadowkin or something like that. Similar to what they did with Be'lakor in StD. He might even bring one or two units, but I don't know if there's enough for a whole new faction, considering that Order is already quite overblown.

There wasn't a glimpse of the Lumineth in the lore or visually beyond references to "Tyrion and Teclis are around" either. GW don't really get into off stuff that might be a model in the future on the off chance something changes. Occasionally you'll get references or very brief descriptions of someone or something specific ("there are Light Elves, Tyrion is blind, there's a vampire who is totally not Abroash called the Blood Dragon around" etc) but not much else.

Malekith's only going to show back up in model form when the rest of his faction is ready to release, which between Gravelords and 3.0 wouldn't be for a while yet even if they were going to be the next major release (and we've no reason to believe they would be). That said, Order being stuffed compared to the other GA's probably isn't something GW care too much about - they've certainly got no problems cramming the Imperium/Space Marines full of more stuff over in 40k.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Chaos Dwarves in a supposed Destruction army? About as likely as Destruction Kurnothi.

At this point I'd hardly blink if games workshop gave us Chaos, greenskin, wood elf stormcast dragon ogre's riding giant rats .... Actually... that could be quite cool

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Jator said:

Ok, I have a thing for treacherous races, so hobgoblins were my second favourite one after my beloved Skaven (with the other greenskin following close).
  I'm excited to read that hobgoblins are re-confirmed (with whatever brand new name) Or something so similar to them that will probably take their place in my heart anyway.

Will my hopes be fulfilled or will my heart be shattered by dissapointment? We can only wait and keep an eye on Whitefang's reactions.

Its gonna be gitmob. We got rippas snarlfangs and they showed up in skragrott's broken realms story.

Its far more likely that gitmob are larger than regular grots than it is for them to be hobgoblins IMO. Especially since hobgoblins were generally unpopular even back in fantasy.

Hopefully they play up the sneaky and cunning aspects of grots with gitmob though.

• Like 1

The List Labs guy is being a bit mischievous - there's only a very small amount of new rumour info in the video, and it doesn't feel particularly earth-shaking stuff, although he's also thankfully not vague about it. If he has read the rules there's presumably plenty more he could have packed in, but I guess he's intending to parcel it out more slowly to reel in subscribers for the channel. I don't particularly begrudge him that - I'd just like to know more sooner.

So for those who don't want to watch it, the rumours this time are more info about command abilities:

• Ranges on generic command abilities increased to 18"/12".
  • Unit champions are also going to be able to use command abilities.
  • There's a new generic command ability that gives +1 to hit.
  • Like 8

49 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

The List Labs guy is being a bit mischievous - there's only a very small amount of new rumour info in the video, and it doesn't feel particularly earth-shaking stuff, although he's also thankfully not vague about it. If he has read the rules there's presumably plenty more he could have packed in, but I guess he's intending to parcel it out more slowly to reel in subscribers for the channel. I don't particularly begrudge him that - I'd just like to know more sooner.

So for those who don't want to watch it, the rumours this time are more info about command abilities:

Definitely feel its more to do with how the community has reacted toward him passing on what he found out, than him being coy about revealing too much.

When reacting to stuff, I often feel like people forget that the person you're talking about might actually be reading what you've said about them.

He might be less willing to put his head above the parapet again, which is honestly a big shame.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

He didn't mention if the ranges are wholly within or not, I'd assume they are though, hence the range increase.

24 minutes ago, Nagash42 said:

So bonereapers are going to need a whole rewrite as they wouldn't be able to use any of these new rules with the way discipline points works. 

Yes, but why do they need access to the new rules? They don't have access to any of the current CP/CA stuff, its kind of the point of relentless discipline to be a separate alternative to the system everyone else uses.

• Like 1

I'm more curious about the destruction army.  Hobgoblins seem like a huge stretch that would come completely out of left field, having no mention or any indication of being a thing in the setting and then boom here's an entire subfaction coming out of nowhere.

1 minute ago, wayniac said:

I'm more curious about the destruction army.  Hobgoblins seem like a huge stretch that would come completely out of left field, having no mention or any indication of being a thing in the setting and then boom here's an entire subfaction coming out of nowhere.

Its probably gitmob but they're taller/more jacked than moonclan for some reason. (They've shown up as recently as the skragrott BR story)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wayniac said:

So were Ossiarchs and Kharadron to be fair.

• Like 1

I really like the sounds of the command ability changes overall, although I much prefer the TGA shout out! 😁

I know for the sake of protecting sources he cannot reveal to much information but I would love to hear if the rules were in an early state or if things seemed more or less complete. For example were their images and diagrams like in the current rules and if so do they showcase the contents of the next starter? So in essence we have a lot of questions and I look forward to learning more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

MOAR GREENSKINZ FOR THE WAAAGH!!

Instead of larger Grots are we getting leaner Orruks?

I'd be happy if gitmob/hobgoblins brought along a few normal orruks as part of their Waaagh! so GW would sell orc boyz and other old kits again, since TOW should still be away for some time (assuming it uses the same scale).

4 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Almost there

but maybe adjust the direction a bit?

Obviously this is a direct reference to destruction dwarves .... A bit like chaos dwarves of old ... But less chaotic .... And more destructive 🤣