The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

Are we sure the new vamp is inspired by Blanch artwork and not Disney? 😜

Image_Resize_Detail_Image.jpg

If I were GW, I'd be expecting a call from Disney. While the new vampire is very, very cool, it's beyond obvious that Yzma ... um ... "inspired" the model.

I just showed both to a person who knows nothing of either, and that person basically thought it was cool that someone has made a new version of Yzma.

Yikes.

I'll be snapping up half a dozen or so of the vampire as I expect her to get cancelled and become a hard-to-get model similar to the Boba Fett with launching rocket from the old Kenner action figure line.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

I love these creepy Ulfenkarn vampires - this one and the Rat Prince. But they feel like a different aesthetic to the more generic vampires we've seen for the rest of Soulblight. I wish the Blood Knights for example were as weird and interesting as these. 

Actually, that's a good point: what if these less "warrior-like" vampires aren't part of the main Soulblight army, but are more like independent agents that can be allied to any other Death faction with no keyword limitations (like those new LRL twins or Gotrek), and perhaps even into CoS armies (potentially giving such an army the Death keyword?)

TBH, I like the diversity of aspects, it allows everyone to have their favourite toys :)

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

4bSLQIbLDnn6aNBf.jpg.6587f131d8f67b6922a50fd6463302e3.jpg

Absolutely amazing model! Love this sculpt- the pose, the sweep of the gown into the hair..the thin, aristrocratic form..   definitely buying this! The vampire sculpts themselves are just top notch, think I'll put a little collection together just to paint. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I just showed both to a person who knows nothing of either, and that person basically thought it was cool that someone has made a new version of Yzma.

It's all about the visual library that we have on our minds. Before looking at Yzma (btw, I don't know anything  about her), I thought about a lot of references from other illustrators and concept artists.

Btw, she could pass as a Disney character because she has that classic style that Disney uses for a lot of their villains (slender villain with a lot of angles and over-sized spikes in both ends of her silouette, bla bla...). But that's a tool to use, not something used  exclusively by Disney.

• Like 4

So a Warhammer YouTube channel (2+ toughness I think?) in a video about the recent soul blight reveal said that the a source told him the new faction is going to be destruction aligned. I don't know how truthful, he is,  but the guy did understate it so I find it kind of trustworthy  but my gut still tells me this is Kurnoth. However, in classic mythology Centaurs were "destructive and uncivilized" so maybe it will be the first dual alliance faction.

3 minutes ago, Me-dude-sa said:

So a Warhammer YouTube channel (2+ toughness I think?) in a video about the recent soul blight reveal said that the a source told him the new faction is going to be destruction aligned. I don't know how truthful, he is,  but the guy did understate it so I find it kind of trustworthy  but my gut still tells me this is Kurnoth. However, in classic mythology Centaurs were "destructive and uncivilized" so maybe it will be the first dual alliance faction.

The strange part is: He says "my people are gone" while looking at the ruins of a massive City - This cleary does not feel like destruction at all. It feels like a long lost Civilisation of Centaurs? Ogroids? Both?

• Like 3

i feel like with how the release has gone this year with Slaanesh, LRL, Bel'ekor and Soulblight, that Destruction is next on the cycle to get something (or it would  feel a bit unfair). while i am not saying that mean that Kragnos is related to Destruction, either that release or the one after that one probably should be destruction 

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The strange part is: He says "my people are gone" while looking at the ruins of a massive City - This cleary does not feel like destruction at all. It feels like a long lost Civilisation of Centaurs? Ogroids? Both?

Yes, but I think we tend to look at these posts a little too literally.   People being gone doesn't mean they had anything to do with those city ruins.  The speaker of those words isn't necessarily the centaur either (isn't there a mountain sort of exploding in the distance, even? like perhaps this is someone witnessing the arrival?)

People being gone could be literal, or metaphorical - the world has changed. It could be the Dragon Ogors being kicked out of azyr. It could be a civilization that never existed in the lore previously (so it's just an ancient god bent on destroying whatever is left).  It could be literal in that city, but the denizens of that city were something we don't know... such as old wood elves, civilized beastmen, ogroids, fimir, silent ones, something new... etc etc.  It could be almost anything.

There's not enough information to say much yet... and i'm pretty sure that's exactly how they want it. People deconstructing the art for the centaur/kurnothi/whatever and applying it to being the speaker / or worshipper of the speaker may well be right.. but they could very easily curve it and it be totally different.

Personally, i'd love a mixed alliance faction (or herald the destruction of the grand alliances).   What if Kurnothi could be either a sylvaneth subfaction/ally OR a part of a revamped BoD faction - and BoC had the same treatment - either subfactions of StD or the God Allegiences, OR part of a new combined 'beasts' faction.

Honestly, i'd like that because then you can add a few units and get a lot of new flavor / options.  I'm skeptical of a full new release of another faction after everything so far. I'd much rather see new factions become hybrid form so they offer something new that could be used somewhere, as opposed to starting from the ground up and getting another mini faction like Idoneth or Fyreslayers - too many tiny factions as it is!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

Yes, but I think we tend to look at these posts a little too literally.   People being gone doesn't mean they had anything to do with those city ruins.  The speaker of those words isn't necessarily the centaur either (isn't there a mountain sort of exploding in the distance, even? like perhaps this is someone witnessing the arrival?)

Iirc they said on the stream that the centaur was kragnos

they did describe that Kragnos's awakening as very ominous and scary  on the article

But wait… do you hear that? It sounds like a rumble, coming from somewhere very, very deep. Almost like something terrifying has woken from a long slumber.

We don’t know about you, but we’re not sticking around to find out who that was. Let’s take refuge somewhere safe, like… ah yes, we have the perfect place.

Edit: also they use the phrase the Realm will Quake, so whatever he is, he going to cause a lot of calamitic problem it feels

Edited by novakai

18 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Iirc they said on the stream that the centaur was kragnos

On the stream? they didn't (I don't think they did anyway).  What happened was something like "see the star of the new book Kragnos", was written as a caption but I think that was the community team on a facebook post and I don't believe necessarily believe it - a lot of people have quoted that but during the livestream they basically said they weren't going to say anything except the name at that time, and a teaser.  They definitely did not confirm that character was Kragnos then.  

I posted awhile back more on that, but I think that if that really was Kragnos, there would have been more conversation to that effect during the reveal. Instead they literally said we don't know who it is, and we're not ready to tell you yet.  Then, there was a caption on that image.  I think it very easily can be a red herring.

Beastgrave started with Kurnothi and BoC,  having them united in Beasts of Destruction just sounds good.  As far as that dude - IDK, he just doesn't evoke what i'd expect from someone trapped under a mountain. I feel there is a certain way the "gods" look in GW, and this really isn't it. This looks like an important character for the narrative, because we know it's coming - but Kragnos?  unconvinced based on that one reference.

Edited by Fyrenn

3 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

On the stream? they didn't (I don't think they did anyway).  What happened was something like "see the star of the new book Kragnos", was written as a caption but I think that was the community team on a facebook post and I don't believe necessarily believe it - a lot of people have quoted that but during the livestream they basically said they weren't going to say anything except the name at that time, and a teaser.  They definitely did not confirm that character was Kragnos then.  

I posted awhile back more on that, but I think that if that really was Kragnos, there would have been more conversation to that effect during the reveal. Instead they literally said we don't know who it is, and we're not ready to tell you yet.  Then, there was a caption on that image.  I think it very easily can be a red herring.

Beastgrave started with Kurnothi and BoC,  having them united in Beasts of Destruction just sounds good.  As far as that dude - IDK, he just doesn't evoke what i'd expect from someone trapped under a mountain. I feel there is a certain way the "gods" look in GW, and this really isn't it. This looks like an important character for the narrative, because we know it's coming - but Kragnos?  unconvinced based on that one reference.

They used the phrase "cover star" specifically to describe who we are catching a glimpse of in the video for Kragnos.

That's an odd choice of words, but they have used it consistently. If you look back at the reveals for BR: Teclis they used the same phrase to describe Teclis and his book. 

"Archmage Teclis is also the cover star for the next book in the thrilling Broken Realms saga." -From the Dead and the Devine Preview show article.

In that light, it doesn't seem like poor word choice from the community team, but specific, and approved phrasing which they have used consistently. And they have set the trend that the cover star of a broken realms book, is who that book is named for. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Souleater said:

If your tribal people have been 'civilised ', that is drawn to live in the cities, then from a certain view point they are gone...

Yeah but he's looking at a ruined city so it looks like a destroyed civilisation. 

34 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I guess they could no longer have a home/civilisation so are hell bent on literally destroying everything and whoever kept him under that mountain. 

So it's either Kurnothi, BoC, or an entirely new faction. Either sounds so bloody cool. 

Exactly - we can't tell what this is- which is pretty cool. One thing though the build up so far in BR for destruction has centred around the massive army of Orruks and friends heading to Excelsis - a Gorkamorka force. Seems a bit strange that suddenly another deity for them would pop up, not impossible but to me seems less likely. Hopefully we will start to see hints in stories/the upcoming books to drop hints of who he might be. The only hints I'm aware of are of the Beastgrave entity and the Kurnothi being leaderless , but maybe he's something that hasn't even been mentioned yet. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Yeah my hope is that one of those is still ogre related. 

As do I. Outside of the Sons my favourite Faction are the Ogors and of the Destruction Factions they are the ones in need of updating their old models, they dont need a brand new relaunch and multiple units added like Warclans they just need to update older models. The Butcher, Slaughtermaster, Icebrow Hunter, Yehtee, Gorger, Frost Sabre all need updating. 

Even within those 6 models, 4 of them could be made from 2 kits.

A dual kit for the Butcher/Slaughtermaster and a dual kit for the Yehtee/Gorger.

Then a new Icebrow Hunter and more of the Frost Sabres such as Hrothgorns from Underworlds. Hell I've just realised we dont even need a new Icebrow Hunter we have Hrothgorn!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah but he's looking at a ruined city so it looks like a destroyed civilisation. 

Exactly - we can't tell what this is- which is pretty cool. One thing though the build up so far in BR for destruction has centred around the massive army of Orruks and friends heading to Excelsis - a Gorkamorka force. Seems a bit strange that suddenly another deity for them would pop up, not impossible but to me seems less likely. Hopefully we will start to see hints in stories/the upcoming books to drop hints of who he might be. The only hints I'm aware of are of the Beastgrave entity and the Kurnothi being leaderless , but maybe he's something that hasn't even been mentioned yet. 

actually the first BR fiction, the Orruk did feel like it in the wind that a god was coming back, people thought it was Gorkamorka but rereading it could have been Kragnos

Something clicked in Bokkrog’s mind. Above the shaman, the clouds were being blown by a hard wind. One of them looked a bit like a charging boar rider slowly pushing its way through wall upon wall of thick white clouds. No. Not a boar rider. Something far bigger. More primal.

A god.

The shaman came towards him, dipping his gnarled fingers into a pot of fungus woad. Bokkrog let the old orruk smear the bright-blue pigment on his face and chest, too entranced by the clouds to stop him.

‘It’s time, in’t it?’ said Bokkrog.

‘It is.’

‘He’s comin’, in’t he?’

‘He is.’

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

If I were GW, I'd be expecting a call from Disney. While the new vampire is very, very cool, it's beyond obvious that Yzma ... um ... "inspired" the model.

Yikes.

I'll be snapping up half a dozen or so of the vampire as I expect her to get cancelled and become a hard-to-get model similar to the Boba Fett with launching rocket from the old Kenner action figure line.

Nonsense.

This lady does have a few design choices the same as Yzma, but a long cloak, high collar and "being thin" isn't patented by Disney.

She wears a mask, no hat, no eyelashes, entirely different face, the collar is quite different, dress is quite different, coat is the elongated bodice, not a separate piece, the emaciation is a lot less comedic and more menacing. Also the mask and sword.

They are both thin with a dress, long tail and collar, but that's about it. That's like saying Stormcast, Chosen, Ironjawz and Blood knights are all buff guys in armour and oversized pauldrons, so they must be the same.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

As do I. Outside of the Sons my favourite Faction are the Ogors and of the Destruction Factions they are the ones in need of updating their old models, they dont need a brand new relaunch and multiple units added like Warclans they just need to update older models. The Butcher, Slaughtermaster, Icebrow Hunter, Yehtee, Gorger, Frost Sabre all need updating. 

Even within those 6 models, 4 of them could be made from 2 kits.

A dual kit for the Butcher/Slaughtermaster and a dual kit for the Yehtee/Gorger.

Then a new Icebrow Hunter and more of the Frost Sabres such as Hrothgorns from Underworlds. Hell I've just realised we dont even need a new Icebrow Hunter we have Hrothgorn!!

Truthfully, I'd settle for an underworlds warband even. I can convert and kitbash from there xD 

35 minutes ago, novakai said:

actually the first BR fiction, the Orruk did feel like it in the wind that a god was coming back, people thought it was Gorkamorka but rereading it could have been Kragnos

Good catch- definitely sounds like him -especially the part about pushing through walls.. interesting.. Still complicated though- they sense a god is coming but how are they reacting- ready to join him or ready to fight. That story might suggest the Orruks are splitting.. but then again Gordrakk is the Fist of Gork leading all those forces and the Gobbo chieftain who feels the Thump thump thing in later fiction manifests the Bad Moon . It’s intriguing but I think you could be on to something.. 

Edited by silverstu

34 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Is it wrong to say I'm upset that you posted this right under my comment about how the new vamp looks like Yzma but you got all the laughs?

To me it reminds more Tim Burton...

Edited by alghero81
  • Like 3