The Rumour Thread

Just now, Ratboy genius said:

Psychic awakening supported only single heroes, with the exception of drukhari, craftworld eldar, and admech.

I'd hope they'd bring up the rest of the OBR tome to fill the hole left by gutting petrifex, instead of band aid adding more stuff

But can’t they do both? A PetriFIX and a unit of archers, maybe a battalion including crawlers and archers.

49 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Is it totally unthinkeable that Bonereaper Archers are released with the BR Teclis? Didn’t Psychic Awakening do something similar? I mean, support factions with a single unit or a hero and a few rulechanges?

Forgive me if Im wrong here but unlike lots of other factions Bonereapers only need a bit of firespower to bring them up to the current meta right? Slap some nasty archers with BR Teclis, adjust some of the subfaction rules and call it a day. No need for a second wave or new Battletome here.

It feels like they'd have announced them already if they were.

I think Lumineth are going to be an exception, not the rule, owing to how popular High Elves were in WHFB and the hype for AoS flavour of Elves has been pretty well known for years now (I suspect this is why Daughters of Khaine became a standalone thing towards the end of 1.0) whilst Ossiarchs are a new, potentially risky venture for GW and won't have quite as much in the pipeline until they released and proved a success. 

34 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It feels like they'd have announced them already if they were.

I think Lumineth are going to be an exception, not the rule, owing to how popular High Elves were in WHFB and the hype for AoS flavour of Elves has been pretty well known for years now (I suspect this is why Daughters of Khaine became a standalone thing towards the end of 1.0) whilst Ossiarchs are a new, potentially risky venture for GW and won't have quite as much in the pipeline until they released and proved a success. 

I just hope the OG AOS Factions get their Wave 2 in 3.0.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I just hope the OG AOS Factions get their Wave 2 in 3.0.

I just have to believe this will be the case. We have had a myriad of new releases as the game kind of played catch up to the lore and fleshed out the Gran Alliances. But now we are reaching a point in which most of the players have been established and the alliances are becoming saturated and as such can now factions can be expanded upon. Obviously there are still a handful of outstanding factions, Dispossessed, Humans, Malerion's Forces, Chaos Dwarfs and StormHalfling Eternals chief among them and Destruction clearly needs some love and maybe a little more factional support (Grotbag Scuttlers to the rescue). So I feel like 3.0 will likely have a split focus between expanding established factions and introducing new ones. I do not know how re-sculpted designs would fit into such a schedule.

I would say going forward that:
Destruction clearly needs the most support for a Grand Alliance.
Fyreslayers and FEC need expand their range the most in my opinion. Daughters of Khaine, Lumineth, Sylvaneth and even all Duardin factions could be easily expanded upon by giving them access to appropriate Cities of Sigmar units but I doubt that will occur.
Skaven, BoC and Seraphon are most in need of updated models.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

StormHalfling Eternals

Please don't kill the halflings to power more golems. I'd be quite sad to have their appearance be just fuel for war machines.

Though they would be about the size of humans if they keep up with the postmortem growth spurt formerly human Stormcast receive.

Edited by zilberfrid

8 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Please don't kill the halflings to power more golems. I'd be quite sad to have their appearance be just fuel for war machines.

Though they would be about the size of humans if they keep up with the postmortem growth spurt formerly human Stormcast receive.

I like to imagine they all died in heroic fashions such as tilling fields and telling bawdy jokes. I also will gladly have halfling sub-factions for all current armies. Especially Halfling Gargants... also known as Ogres.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

I like to imagine they all died in heroic fashions such as tilling fields and telling bawdy jokes. I also will gladly have halfling sub-factions for all current armies. Especially Halfling Gargants... also known as Ogres.

Are halfling snotlings bigger or smaller?

How rotund are halfling ogres?

Do halfling wanderers have gossamer wings?

Are halfling idoneth called guppies?

I fully support a fun-sized subfaction of all factions!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 3/13/2021 at 3:14 PM, Still-young said:

I don’t know if you’re joking or not but I’m starting to understand why people get so disappointed with these previews when they come up with such wild ideas of what stuff is beforehand...

whats so funny is that now they've said that, I can actually see a chaos dwarf-centaur in the silhouette too... our brains are extremely good at recognizing patterns 😅

now that might be an extremely long shot but here's the different parts that i can discern for guessing purposes

image.jpeg.837308dd2c28020e95839e53cd098e85.jpeg

Hate to rain on OBR’s wishes, but why would this archer simply not be a 1-of for Warhammer Underworlds? Like the sylvaneth archer or the blissbard melee mortal in Hedonites. i really don’t see how a surprise new kit of archers based on the same mortek guard design would come out of the blue for this. Stranger things have happen, but this seems like a super unlikely event when an underworld team is scheduled to be revealed for OBR...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silphid said:

Hate to rain on OBR’s wishes, but why would this archer simply not be a 1-of for Warhammer Underworlds? Like the sylvaneth archer or the blissbard melee mortal in Hedonites. i really don’t see how a surprise new kit of archers based on the same mortek guard design would come out of the blue for this. Stranger things have happen, but this seems like a super unlikely event when an underworld team is scheduled to be revealed for OBR...

I think the truth is that we simply don't know. I think that Underworlds is a little strange in this regard as they create a precedent that can hint at the future of a line or be a potential one off. So in this regard I think it creates a design and the possibility for OBR archers. Personally I find that exciting and I am hopeful but if I were an OBR I would not plan around the possible inclusion of archers... but I would still be hopeful. 

• Like 1

So far most of the warbands that have been for current armies which use models/units from those armies tend to have models who are represented in the armies either currently or at a future date. There is some variation though. Eg Slaanesh Warband has a sickblade seeker on foot whilst in the wargame they only come mounted atop exalted seekers.

Meanwhile armies like Kurnothi, whilst present within an existing army, diverge so far that there's nothing else similar to them.

I would say that a generic archer warrior would spell good chances of Ossiarchs getting an archery unit. Though as with all things its nearly impossible to predict with GW. Heck over the last few years there have been multiple times that Tyranids have been "dead certain" to get a model or updated model and yet got nothing. 

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I completely forgot about BR Teclis for a moment there!! Which probably means next weekend theyll announce the Pre Orders for BR Teclis and Lumineth Wave 2 with Cursed City the following week.

Let's hope one of those two announcements at least happens next week: either Cursed City or BR Teclis. I just hope they finally can move forward, otherwise all the other BR books might come in very short order one after another which would be a bit sad. If they go on like this, this Saturday they'll reveal BR Gordrakk : )

If they start with Cursed City, that's also fine. 

• Like 3

It's interesting.

We could get a wave of OBR with the archers and the ax wielding guy already seen, plus the other member(s). 

Or they could be like the Kurothi or the Godswornhunt.  Who just led nowhere so far.  I suppose it depends how popular OBR were/are.

I think this will include Gravelords, OBR, and probably something from BR Belakor (possibly a Tzeentch character given the Tzeentch reference).  I think Tzeentch is the only god who doesn't have a follower from the world that was (Nurgle has Festaus, Slaanesh Sigvald and Khorne Valkia).

5 hours ago, Jymmy said:

More shooting is precisely what the game doesn’t need...just my opinion

Im totally with you. As being 100% Death player hero sniping pretty much put my Nighthaunts back on the shelf.

However untill AOS 3 somehow nerf shooting or shields heroes, shooting and magic is the name of the game. At least allowing a bit more shooting into Death opens up for some more lists and counter actions.

• Like 1

Just now, Greasygeek said:

Im totally with you. As being 100% Death player hero sniping pretty much put my Nighthaunts back on the shelf.

However untill AOS 3 somehow nerf shooting or shields heroes, shooting and magic is the name of the game. At least allowing a bit more shooting into Death opens up for some more lists and counter actions.

All the more reason to bring back Tomb Kings.....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Let's hope one of those two announcements at least happens next week: either Cursed City or BR Teclis. I just hope they finally can move forward, otherwise all the other BR books might come in very short order one after another which would be a bit sad. If they go on like this, this Saturday they'll reveal BR Gordrakk : )

If they start with Cursed City, that's also fine. 

I agree I hope we dont learn the next BR book until Belakor has been released.

3 hours ago, SilentSentinel said:

Huh doesn't look like there's going to be a New Model Monday this week, i suspect the preview on the weekend might be the reason why.

Unless they're just not showing the silhouette this time.

They did say in the article there would be a New Model Monday. So perhaps the silhouette was too much of a give away?

• Like 3

The OBR warband is the next one in line to be announced, they said they were going to show a new one every month then plans got disrupted and here we are, but OBR are the second to last warband to be announced so that is what that archer is. Idoneth should be teased this month and shown in April.

Regarding an expansion on OBR archers is what would make them jump back at the top of the meta with some counters and would be the only death army with decent shooting that makes sense lore wise (except maybe gun wielding vampirates).

Now, as a Nighthaunt player I displease shooting but being denied any basic Magic is also quite intolerable, so I don’t want to deny other armies some counters, I just want to have my own counters. Why ethereal heroes can’t have -1 to hit and wound on shooting? Ever tried to shoot a ghost miles away?

Anyway axe wielding guys and archers would complete an OBR roster quite decent so far so here hoping in a bright future.

Not all WU things showed new things for nothing. Direchasm showed both new Swordmasters and new Sybarites, we don’t know how long before but usually the starter set comes end of September so maybe they would have arrived more or less with the same distance as now.

Darkoath never came about but Warcry did and I reckon STD visually won greatly from it.

Tree revenants with bows don’t exist yet but Sylvaneth didn’t get any update either so there’s still hope. Kurnothi got a new model in cursed city so they are definitely more present than other half baked ideas like the Silent Ones. Maybe one day they’ll release them like orruk warclans, who knows. 
I reckon by now GW has at least 9 months delay with miniatures production, if this means just delays or dropping ideas they had I don’t know, but I would expect a bit of both...

• Like 1