The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

So do any of you suspect that there will be new broken realms box sets and if the current ones will continue? Still on the fence over the Chariot set... nvm just saw that the Anvilguard set is no longer available online, so that answers half of my question. At least here in Canada or in Voltaire's words "quelques arpents de neige".

Same in UK, I guess they were somehow limited in production like the Warcry sets, so grab them before they are gone... 

Pity they advertised in a Warcry campaign the only one that sold out so far...

And nice quote, didn’t know that 😂 

• Haha 1

Looking at the trailer to Be'lakor I could imagine some kind of multi demon box coming out, like 10 of each demon battleline at a discount. The big man himself will probably lead some variation of the chaos ascendant army, either that specifically or just under a new name. I hope they do not entirely remove him from the Std lineup though. 

For the Teclis book we have heard nothing about anything but the lumineth and some of the aftermath after fighting OBR and FeC. I got no idea what they could add to FeC or put in a box as the start collect covers the entire army... OBR also already got battalions with all the units they got, I do hope they surprise us with a new allegiance that allows stalkers or immortis guard as battleline, to create some diversity from the mortek spam. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, Ragest said:

I heard a rumor...

Cursed City 3rd April and Belakor 17th April.

I think there is already a month delay on releases this year. If the Lumineth stuff doesn’t come out this month and CS/ Be’lakor gets pushed back, that will tell us GW has serious supply chain issues. I’m not fussed if it does get pushed back, to be honest. Undead and Chaos releases means bake beans on toast for dinner. At least with all the pointy eared models with flower pot hats being released means I get to eat better fair for dinner.

• Haha 3

I'm coming around on Radukar. He's still a touch underwhelming as a Big Final Boss but I like the details (the bloodline/dynasty belt, the Nagash hat-pin) and I like how low-key his gear is. That sword looks like a janky old sabre, less elaborate than even your average Liberator's WoW-style sword. But give it the association with the barrows, emphasise that it's dusty and malicious and unassuming, and put it in the hands of a lightning-fast murder machine and suddenly it's a lot cooler.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I'm coming around on Radukar. He's still a touch underwhelming as a Big Final Boss but I like the details (the bloodline/dynasty belt, the Nagash hat-pin) and I like how low-key his gear is.

I like all of that as I do have a soft spot for low-key characters and simple designs. But I'm still not really seeing him in the Final Boss role. And I still think the hat is the main reason. 

But I guess the fluff will do a lot in this regard. As looks are only half of what makes a character. Patiently awaiting Werner's Cursed City novel.

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

I'm coming around on Radukar. He's still a touch underwhelming as a Big Final Boss but I like the details (the bloodline/dynasty belt, the Nagash hat-pin) and I like how low-key his gear is. That sword looks like a janky old sabre, less elaborate than even your average Liberator's WoW-style sword. But give it the association with the barrows, emphasise that it's dusty and malicious and unassuming, and put it in the hands of a lightning-fast murder machine and suddenly it's a lot cooler.

To me, keeping the Cursed City models more low key is the perfect choice for the mood and scale they are going with the game. The heroes are regular (fantasy) people and their reasons for wanting to save the city are personal. They face skeletons, zombies and vermin as their opposition for the most part. What's at stake is the fate of one city.

Because the scale is smaller and the stakes are lower, it becomes a comparatively much bigger deal when the heroes have to face a big monster, a necromancer or indeed a big, strong guy in a wolf pelt. The big bad can't be too different in scale from the rest of the narrative. He can't be some kind of realm-level demigod vampire threat, because it would strain believability too much.

In fact, I like that what we have seen of Soulblight Gravelords so far is also fairly low key. I really think this more grounded aesthetic is what draws people to Legions of Nagash as opposed to OBR, for example. I like that it seems like GW wants to support both asthetics, the more high fantasy one as well as the more grounded one.

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Because the scale is smaller and the stakes are lower, it becomes a comparatively much bigger deal when the heroes have to face a big monster, a necromancer or indeed a big, strong guy in a wolf pelt. The big bad can't be too different in scale from the rest of the narrative. He can't be some kind of realm-level demigod vampire threat, because it would strain believability too much.

That's exactly what I like about Cursed City too but I should clarify and say that while a realm-level setting-changing demigod would be terrible as a final boss, something just a little bigger wouldn't hurt. Having Radukar hulk out into the Vargskyr as his "this isn't even my final form!" moment would have been perfect for example. Your average AoS army probably has something bigger and scarier than a hypothetical beast-mode Radukar (a stardrake, a greater daemon, a terrorgheist, etc) and almost any given special character is of more importance to the setting but it would have come off like more of a throne room culmination while still being within the wheelhouse of a party of adventurers.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

156420050_1649838068546313_5213111012212619202_o.jpg.b7605c64ccae87e89b1ad741876840db.jpg

Who is Horrek Venzai?

I'm guessing one of those Battleboxes pitting the Lumineth second wave vs Soulblight Gravelords (which I'm hoping will simply be Legions of Nagash 2.0 rather than a Vampire faction separate from that)?

And given the second fight is Horse vs Horse, Horrek is probably an alternative build of the new Wight King sculpt, as others say, fighting that mounted Lumineth commander we saw in the recent preview.

Edited by Aesir Doomaxe
  • Like 2

Lyrior and Horek are definitely two characters from the BR book - possible Battlebox between the two?

BR Morathi's release was teased as being consistent throughout BR, with a Battlebox and the Battalion Boxes inc.

Wouldn't surprise me to see an Eltharion/Lumineth Release repackage and Arkhan repackaged in a OBR Battalion box with probably a Blightking-based Maggotkin box, a Horror based FEC based box and CoS getting something random - maybe Freeguild based?

Edited by Dreddships
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreddships said:

Lyrior and Horek are definitely two characters from the BR book - possible Battlebox between the two?

BR Morathi's release was teased as being consistent throughout BR, with a Battlebox and the Battalion Boxes inc.

Wouldn't surprise me to see an Eltharion/Lumineth Release repackage and Arkhan repackaged in a Battalion box with probably a Blightking-based Maggotkin box, a Horror based FEC based box and CoS getting something random - maybe Freeguild based?

Lyrior Uthralle is this guy:

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text „LUMINETH REALM-LORDS LYRIOR UTHRALLE WARDEN OF YMETRICA WARHAMMER PREVIEW OROSOFT ONLINE! MORTAL mD REAL ms“

I had to look him up, too.

Looking into it a bit more, I actually don't think Horrek Venzai is the Wight King. The Wight King model also has an image on the Warhammer Community facebook page, but it does not refer to him by any name. Just "The Wight King".

It's probably a character from BR: Teclis who does not have a special model, like Ven Brecht. Since BR: Teclis only has OBR and FEC on the Death side, I think he's form Bone Reaper. Probably a Liege Cavallos.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Looking into it a bit more, I actually don't think Horrek Venzai is the Wight King. The Wight King model also has an image on the Warhammer Community facebook page, but it does not refer to him by any name. Just "The Wight King".

Agree. Like Van Brecht and Nemmetar they are character's from the story with relevant mini start collecting boxes.

5 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case as that new rat vamp can transform into rats and as well. 

We have seen both of them on the board at the same time in the preview shots, but that could just be so that they have a nice promotional picture with all the miniatures in it. If Radukar transforms into the Vargskyr in game, I think that would be perfect, as well. Big Castlevania energy.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Lyrior Uthralle is this guy:

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text „LUMINETH REALM-LORDS LYRIOR UTHRALLE WARDEN OF YMETRICA WARHAMMER PREVIEW OROSOFT ONLINE! MORTAL mD REAL ms“

I had to look him up, too.

It's probably a character from BR: Teclis who does not have a special model, like Ven Brecht. Since BR: Teclis only has OBR and FEC on the Death side, I think he's form Bone Reaper. Probably a Liege Cavallos.

Mb.

With this guy being a new model I don't know if they'd madlad and put him inside a 'discount' box - especially if they're releasing LRL 2.0 at the same time?

The only thing I'd imagine is it might be a DoK scenario with some rules inside Teclis before being added to the LRL battletome later?

All I know is that every scenario is going to lead to some discourse about having to buy books again like with Morathi and DoK?

The only other scenario here is LRL get no rules in a book centered around them, inc. with a character that seems to be a key figure here, and awkwardly red headed step childed until the battletome

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Mb.

With this guy being a new model I don't know if they'd madlad and put him inside a 'discount' box - especially if they're releasing LRL 2.0 at the same time?

The only thing I'd imagine is it might be a DoK scenario with some rules inside Teclis before being added to the LRL battletome later?

All I know is that every scenario is going to lead to some discourse about having to buy books again like with Morathi and DoK?

The only other scenario here is LRL get no rules in a book centered around them, inc. with a character that seems to be a key figure here, and awkwardly red headed step childed until the battletome

We already know that Lumineth will get rules in BR: Teclis. They said on stream that you can get access to the complete new LRL rules by buying either the old battletome and BR: Teclis or the new battletome alone.

But the point about them not putting the new guy into a discount box makes sense. I see two options here:

A dual box with Lyrior and whoever Horrek is, with Horrek also being a new model in either FEC or OBR.

A new Lumineth Start Collecting with Lyrior in it.

With all the new models LRL are getting, a new Start Collecting seems like a real possibility.

• Like 2