The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Sadly there hasn’t been any real indication of an Ogor update any time soon, although a unit of new plastic Gorgers is much overdue imo

Plastic Gorgers with an AOS twist would be amazing!! Feral large beasts!!

10 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I'd prefer plastic Yhetees before plastic Gorgers (and really I'd rather see new AoS rooted ogor kits instead of either) but hey, I'll take whatever.

But stuff drops in and out of stock pretty frequently, I wouldn't read much into it, I doubt it heralds the arrival of Broken Realms: Greasus or anything.

Yhetees are one of the most unfortunate looking kits in the AOS range. They and Gorgers are in desperate need of an update, update those and give us new Gluttons and Ironguts please GW!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jymmy said:

I’m glad he is not an ogor, as the proportions didn’t feel right (the head and the hands would have been too small in proportion to the rest of the body in that case)

He's definitely not an Ogor, he's just a very naughty boy.

He's also forgot that the 70's finished a very long time ago judging by his haircut - however... I can't hold that against him as lets face it he's about the only thing in AoS without a topknot and standing with one foot on a rock at the moment.  I mean, even the Lumineth smurfs probably have a hidden topknot under those stupid tall hats.

I really hope that the gravelords have a real gritty  feel and a look to them, and I'm really interested to see what the centrepiece is for the army.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

He's definitely not an Ogor, he's just a very naughty boy.

He's also forgot that the 70's finished a very long time ago judging by his haircut - however... I can't hold that against him as lets face it he's about the only thing in AoS without a topknot and standing with one foot on a rock at the moment.  I mean, even the Lumineth smurfs probably have a hidden topknot under those stupid tall hats.

I really hope that the gravelords have a real gritty  feel and a look to them, and I'm really interested to see what the centrepiece is for the army.

Pretty sure that's just a fur hat, but otherwise I agree that him not being an ogre is a good thing(if there were ogre vampires, they'd be unstoppable), though I hope the zombie ogres get expanded on, as it's a nice change of pace. 

My money is on that we get two centerpieces for Gravelords, one new piece for the new named character, and possibly The Black Coach from Nighthaunt as lore wise it's dragging the corpses of Necromancers and Vampires around.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 4

I hope Radukhar is but one of a new style of Vampire coming with Soulblight, not necessarily that I want them all to be Kossaack/slavic in their aesthetic (wouldn’t complain though ) but that there is a step away from your standard Vamp just being Castein/Dracula Esque. I know the soulblight Vampire Lord is still reminiscent of the  Carstein drive of releases. 

Gladiatorial/ Roman Vampires. Pirate/buckaneer Vampires. Medieval Chinese Dynasty Vampires. Native American Seer Vampire’s. So many fantasy and real world archetypes and tropes which haven’t really been explored before as having been corrupted by vampiric magic. Radukhar is a great step away from the usual Romanaian/European styled Vampires. I know there’s only so much they cam explore a cater for but it a very interesting step in the right direction. Less primaris with bad hair do’s (I’m never dropping this) and maybe some event/celebration vampires. Failing that I’ll just have some Necrarchs’s thanks 😬

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I hope Radukhar is but one of a new style of Vampire coming with Soulblight, not necessarily that I want them all to be Kossaack/slavic in their aesthetic (wouldn’t complain though ) but that there is a step away from your standard Vamp just being Castein/Dracula Esque. I know the soulblight Vampire Lord is still reminiscent of the  Carstein drive of releases. 

Gladiatorial/ Roman Vampires. Pirate/buckaneer Vampires. Medieval Chinese Dynasty Vampires. Native American Seer Vampire’s. So many fantasy and real world archetypes and tropes which haven’t really been explored before as having been corrupted by vampiric magic. Radukhar is a great step away from the usual Romanaian/European styled Vampires. I know there’s only so much they cam explore a cater for but it a very interesting step in the right direction. Less primaris with bad hair do’s (I’m never dropping this) and maybe some event/celebration vampires. Failing that I’ll just have some Necrarchs’s thanks 😬

I want a return to the idea of various Bloodlines, but I want them to fit new and interesting archetypes like the ones you laid out. So I would expect legacy characters and bloodlines to be the source of Vampirism but it would be cool if they created new characters and bloodlines in their wake. Hopefully inspiring people to model their armies accordingly. I have said it countless times but I think having the Vampire Lords work like Chaos Marks would be really cool. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Personally, in addition to the Cossack theme going abound I want some Hollywood voodoo themed vampires running about. Call me old fashion but something about those dead walkers in cursed city just screams voodoo to me, and I want to see some necromancers/vampires that reflect that look as well. As for the Chinese vampires, we know Cathay has vamps and that The Old World will be creating a bunch of Cathay models, so you never know....

Edit: this just hit me, how about some Meso-american/Latin American themed undead? we could have some Camazots looking mofos.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I have said it countless times but I think having the Vampire Lords work like Chaos Marks would be really cool. 

Alright let's play with this, Blood Dragons would boost attacks(obviously), Lahmia could tie into command point and nullifying abilities, Necarch get magic boost, and Von Carstein can revive their heroes on a x+ roll.

• LOVE IT! 1

49 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Are you talking about the recent Primaris Character? I thought his doo looked odd as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Pretty sure that's just a fur hat, but otherwise I agree that him not being an ogre is a good thing(if there were ogre vampires, they'd be unstoppable), though I hope the zombie ogres get expanded on, as it's a nice change of pace. 

My money is on that we get two centerpieces for Gravelords, one new piece for the new named character, and possibly The Black Coach from Nighthaunt as lore wise it's dragging the corpses of Necromancers and Vampires around.

I think it is a pretty safe bet that a new Corpse Cart is in the cards for the Gravelords. There are even some rumor engines that would fit for it. 

3 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Alright let's play with this, Blood Dragons would boost attacks(obviously), Lahmia could tie into command point and nullifying abilities, Necarch get magic boost, and Von Carstein can revive their heroes on a x+ roll.

I would be curious if you would tie any of the bloodlines to specific sub-factions and followers also if and how you would tie the classic lords to new aesthetic identities? 

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

2020-10-13.jpg

This one is still the most compellingly strange it feels strange for both AOS and 40K. I want to guess it is the undead insectoids but it also could be tied to Slyvaneth spites? It also looks like a baby chibi Ambull... so many questions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

This one is still the most compellingly strange it feels strange for both AOS and 40K. I want to guess it is the undead insectoids but it also could be tied to Slyvaneth spites? It also looks like a baby chibi Ambull... so many questions.

It'd be really cool if it we're the silent ones/people that GW have begun to tease, although another brand new army is sadly a massive stretch. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I want a return to the idea of various Bloodlines, but I want them to fit new and interesting archetypes like the ones you laid out. So I would expect legacy characters and bloodlines to be the source of Vampirism but it would be cool if they created new characters and bloodlines in their wake. Hopefully inspiring people to model their armies accordingly. I have said it countless times but I think having the Vampire Lords work like Chaos Marks would be really cool. 

Used to be like that. Even before this they had bloodline powers. 

One of the things AoS (for all that I like it) does much worse than the old world is customization. 

AD8573D8-D81E-41CF-A3AA-74931E381A7C.jpeg

4D706A8F-09AB-40E2-8978-612F93BC8946.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Grim Beasties said:

I really hope that this is Silent People and not just a Sylvaneth spryt. Destruction really needs more outside of Greenskins and Ogors, and as someone who loves Entomology, an Insectoid faction would be an instant buy for me.

I truly hope Silent People become a thing. There are so many ways to make them not the 'Tyranids of AOS'. It would be a perfect way to expand Destruction outside of Greenskins and Big Lads. 

56 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

Idoneth warband comes in what, april?

The Skull/Jaw I posted was thought to be for the Bonesplitterz Warband, it could be for Destruction in 3.0!! Though I definitely get Idoneth from the claw and you're most likely right. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Austin said:

Used to be like that. Even before this they had bloodline powers. 

One of the things AoS (for all that I like it) does much worse than the old world is customization. 

Yeah, when we first saw the new Vampire I was saying to a friend how much I missed the old Vampiric Powers. Vampires in fantasy were so customisable. Chaos Lords too. A lot of fun, and I do miss that aspect in AoS. 

Edited by Still-young

9 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

I really hope that this is Silent People and not just a Sylvaneth spryt. Destruction really needs more outside of Greenskins and Ogors, and as someone who loves Entomology, an Insectoid faction would be an instant buy for me.

I would also be excited because Bug is my favourite Pokemon type. Gotta catch em all!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 hours ago, HollowHills said:

crabclaw.pngAbout 11 months old and still no confirmation if it's for Idoneth 

Excited for this, this is definetly Idoneth in june.  We will see this warband first friday in april if they follow patern like with other warbands for WU. And some siluetes before that date.