The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'm more and more convinced we'll get "just" three Broken Realms books and then 3rd Edition with Destruction. Also wondering if the new Savage Orruks for Underworld will be a taste of things to come in the new Starter Set. I don't know why, just a feeling... And knowing from the latest BR short story that Slaanesh forces are too heading to Excelsis really is exciting ;)

The only thing that makes me doubt this is their initial announcement that every faction will be touched on over the course of Broken Realms. Assuming that means not just narratively, three books might not be enough space to do this.

We know this so far: The average Broken Realms book touches on five factions, but factions can repeat (Cities). It looks like in between BR books, there will likely be bigger updates to one faction (Hedonites, likely Gravelords), which we should probably count. That means we will get about six factions per book. Since we have 24 factions, that would indicate four books.

However, it's possible that we get three books about the elven gods (as was originally indicated) and then go right into AoS 3.0 with a new Destruction vs. Order starter box an a final book that focusses on all the Destruction armies. That could make a release of the next edition of AoS close the start of GW's fiscal year possible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The only thing that makes me doubt this is their initial announcement that every faction will be touched on over the course of Broken Realms. Assuming that means not just narratively, three books might not be enough space to do this.

That's the trap, GW didn't say that was not just narrativexD

• Like 1

@Honnoji It might be that their distribution 'bandwidth' maxed out. They look to have put all the Hedonites stuff out, perhaps that didn't leave enough supply or distribution to do all of the DoK stuff?

Might therefore be slotted in alongside another small release?

Just guessing - as others have already said, it might just have been an omission from the article. 

2 hours ago, zamerion said:

confirmed.

Mymidesh 45

seekers 55

archers 40

slaangors 40

heroes 22.50

The seekers hurt, a lot, as do the 3 Slaangors. Seekers should be 45€, that‘s 22% too much.

45€ for 5 Myrmidesh is LRL pricing all over again. 

The Archers should be ~2,5€ To 5€ cheaper, so they are okayish?

The rest seems somewhat cheaper than LRL?*

90€ for the Palanquin was expected.

I am rather neutral about these prices, yet the models I liked turned out to be too expensive, so I‘ll vote with my wallet and not Start Hedonites with all the new models.

*Edit: Meaning the Heroes?

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Honnoji said:

You're right.

The release of the DoK seems odd.

DoK were probably due their own 'standalone' week but the fortnightly releases messed that up. The new BT's announcement in he preview felt very, "Oh yeah and this is a thing..." so it was probably a very recent decision.

Somebody in the marketing team probably has their teeth sinking into their knuckles at having to have another army's Battletome launch the same week as a major model line/BT release of a different one.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

If you're looking for a cost effective Slaangor proxy, I suggest Slaanogors. A box of ogor gluttons is also 30 quid but you get 6 instead of 3.

For the kitbash, the main things is getting chaos gutplates. Marauder horsemen shields are the correct size but most suitable are Hellstrider shields. You probably want to replace the weapons too, I've been using Dark Elf Executioner blades and Hellstrider claw spears. Then you can add some finishing touches, gems here and there (you get lots of spares in the Keeper of Secrets kit). 

Here's an example:

Spoiler

image.png.22a4add11278a5dcdc4d7bae9cf3651b.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Honnoji said:

Well, Lord of Pain is mentionned and will be avalaible for preorder.

Why not Ironscale?

Hmm, it looks you are right. If that indeed will be how it's launched I presume it will be due to Slanesh being major release so different rules apply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

That's the trap, GW didn't say that was not just narrativexD

I know, I know. Always assume the worst with GW.

But really, I think announcing "This is an exciting moment for Warhammer Age of Sigmar, with lore that pushes the storyline forward, updated rules, and plenty of new models on the horizon. Every major faction will be getting some attention." (direct quote) and then later going "We never said anything about attention in the form of rules or models for every faction!" does not even make sense as a marketing ploy.

It's not like it would just make people go "Ah, GW, you lovable scamp! Got us on the technicality again!". It would just make people angry and disappointed that GW tries to build hype without a payoff.

So, even though it's not explicitly stated that all factions will at least get rules, I still read it as such. And I don't think that's unreasonable at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

Seekers do feel expensive for what they are, esp since even though its a duel kit it looks like the only duel part is a weapon and head swap (that's not much of a duel and not even magnetizable). Kinda  shock when current hellstriders (also now a "duel" kit) cost £20 for 5. That said if the new seekers are elite units it won't hurt too much; but yeah it does seem that GW is blanket raising the prices on cavalry 

I think the Ossiarch prices person didn't get to last long at GW's pricing team ;):(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

@Honnoji It might be that their distribution 'bandwidth' maxed out. They look to have put all the Hedonites stuff out, perhaps that didn't leave enough supply or distribution to do all of the DoK stuff?

Might therefore be slotted in alongside another small release?

Just guessing - as others have already said, it might just have been an omission from the article. 

Of course, that is probably so.

But I find the absence of cards very disappointing (they could give a little word of explanation). Less so for the Ironscale as I have two of them. 😉

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

DoK were probably due their own 'standalone' week but the fortnightly releases messed that up. The new BT's announcement in he preview felt very, "Oh yeah and this is a thing..." so it was probably a very recent decision.

Somebody in the marketing team probably has their teeth sinking into their knuckles at having to have another army's Battletome launch the same week as a major model line/BT release of a different one.

Yes, I feel the same.

I could have waited a little longer to have a specific release for DoK. But well, i'll take what is given.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I am rather neutral about these prices, yet the models I liked turned out to be too expensive, so I‘ll vote with my wallet and not Start Hedonites with all the new models.

You will vote with your wallet whereas my wallet voted with itself... and said better luck next time. 😔

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

A couple of years back I wanted to start a Mad Max: Fury Road inspired Slaanesh army  with mostly seeker riders and chariots and possibly a war mammoth centerpiece. But then the tome came out and focused so much on heroes that I abandoned the idea. Now with even more mounted Slaanesh kits and an absolutely perfect Immortan Joe stand-in it's like GW is taunting me XD

Ride Eternal Shiny and Chrome!!

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

So Thursday will be Cursed City model Preview Day. We've had 'Good Guy' and 'Bad Guy' reveal the day of and then the Skeletons the next. So we may be expecting to have another Hero Previewed and I sure hope it's the Gholemkind/Ogor/Orruk!!

I'm not so sure about that your swoleness, the community said they'd be focussing on the villains for the first few weeks(not that it's a bad thing).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zamerion said:

have you heard the youtube clickbaits?

They comment that cursed city will cost 300 dollars, and will be launched in March..

I don't want to believe it

I think $160-$200 is more reasonable, depending on models, and release in April or May is more likely based on the projected weekly lore reveals.

EDIT: Just had a very out-there brainwave!

There is mounting speculation that one or more of the Critters and Keys models may be a part the WHQ release. We also know from the map that city appears to be divided into the outskirts, inner city, and keep(s).

What if a part of the game is that we literally have to track down the Critters with the Keys to gain access to different parts of the city!

I mean, probably not, but it's a fun thought.

Edited by OkayestDM
Maddness
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

We know this so far: The average Broken Realms book touches on five factions, but factions can repeat (Cities). It looks like in between BR books, there will likely be bigger updates to one faction (Hedonites, likely Gravelords), which we should probably count. That means we will get about six factions per book. Since we have 24 factions, that would indicate four books.

However, it's possible that we get three books about the elven gods (as was originally indicated) and then go right into AoS 3.0 with a new Destruction vs. Order starter box an a final book that focusses on all the Destruction armies. That could make a release of the next edition of AoS close the start of GW's fiscal year possible.

I was also convinced that BR would be more than three books : Morathi, Teclis  and Alarielle.

But reading the announcement again  it states : rules for load of factions that imply not all factions.

"The aelven gods are rising up to challenge the might of Chaos and the growing power of Death – but like Sigmar’s pantheon before them, they are riven by mistrust and each pursues their own goals and schemes. Teclis, ever aloof and arrogant, seeks to single-handedly save the Mortal Realms. Alarielle, fickle as the seasons, turns on allies as well as enemies, attacking explorers and settlers across Ghyran. And as for Morathi… well, she has a very definite goal in mind – godhood. True to form, she doesn’t intend to let anything stand in her way.

This new conflict will touch every corner of the Mortal Realms, and affect every faction. Treachery and torment. Siege and slaughter. Bloodshed and battle. All this and more awaits you in a series of epic narrative books on a scale not seen since the Realmgate Wars. As well as truly massive stories, these books will be packed with new rules for loads of factions, thrilling battleplans, and much more."

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

This is a really cool piece of art looking forward to seeing more:
GUs2tlxc32IwQAa6.jpg

Honestly, it is amazing.

After years of waiting for new Slaanesh mortals, the only true God of Warhammer universe, our divine mistress Slaanesh has blessed us!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1