The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

Compared to the Witch Hunter and Vampires, those furry Lumineth are really looking terribly stupid now. 🤣  #BringTheGothicBacktoWarhammerAoS

The Lumineth leave me cold as well but the Crimson Court and Cursed City more than make up for it IMO. Can't be released soon enough!

Soooooo in summary

February is going to obliterate my wallet with Slaanesh AND Daughters of Khaine getting updates - little sadness that it seems DoK aren't getting a big slew of new models, but with formal rule updates and also the new Endless Spells are utterly awesome :)

Then the new Warhammer Quest is going to blow my budget again - that just looks so awesome. The preview video hints at a combined arms force - I see what looks like perhaps an old wood aelf or even a Kurnothi along with orruk and more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Compared to the Witch Hunter and Vampires, those furry Lumineth are really looking terribly stupid now. 🤣  #BringTheGothicBacktoWarhammerAoS

I don’t think that’s an entirely fair comparison - the Lumineth aren’t really meant to be gothic or reminiscent of the old world in the same way that the Witch Hunters and Vampires are. They still look fire though, I’ve gotta admit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The Darkest Dungeon vibes increase. Looks like this is going to be as heavy on the snippets of flavour text and ambience as Blackstone Fortress.

The Witch Hunter gives me Bloodborne vibe off as well... that said, both DD and BB seem a bit influenced by Warhammer themselves. It's definitely a return to form... I hope for even more Mordheim vibes!

3 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Cursed City looks huge. On the website there are multiple models mentioned as Overlords, which might each have their own personal minions. 

That fits with Blackstone fortress which released several expansions with new big enemies that had their own minion models as well.