The Rumour Thread

Not in favor of killing off characters (permanently) that have actual miniatures that people buy and play with.

However, i love the Death faction as a whole but dislike the fact that there is only one supreme overlord for the whole Death allegiance. It would be great if there were other contesters to Nagash in lore and/or miniatures. Even if there are no plans for other godly beings to contest Nagash for rulership over death, it would be nice if a narrative advancement saw Nagash loosing some of his power and absolute influence over the undead resulting in more Death factions being able to act on their own accord.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Between Nagash being a huge chump and Teclis hecking everything up for everyone, this seems 100% in line with their previous characterization. All that is missing is Nagash building another Black Pyramid and Skaven blowing it up again somehow.

This... am I the only thinking that going after Nagash after he is the only one who dented a bit Chaos in his own territory now that Slaanesh is getting free, Morathi started a civil war and Gordrak is getting ready to invade Azyr is the stupidest thing the God of Illumination could do???

ah sorry we are talking about Teclis...

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

This... am I the only thinking that going after Nagash after he is the only one who dented a bit Chaos in his own territory now that Slaanesh is getting free, Morathi started a civil war and Gordrak is getting ready to invade Azyr is the stupidest thing the God of Illumination could do???

Thought the same xD

2 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Great preview vid and very exciting

Weird they didn't save that for tomorrow to be honest! That video alone would get me preeety hyped

I'm not sure this is right.

Warning: spoilers for Nagash The Undying King

After Nagash got his bones kicked by Archaon there was a long period of time where undead were basically just pottering around doing what they pleased/getting hammered by chaos - including plotting against Nagash and living in sin with non-Nagash worshippers. Nagash later wakes up and tries to reassert his control but he's a mess and has lost a lot of his power and so e.g. he can no longer control Crypslough, the first of the zombie dragons. Eventually he regains his power and crushes the Broken kings, (Undead who had rebelled against him).

Therefore, if Nagash gets knocked out cold in the same way he did when he got hit by Archaon, there's loads of scope for vampires to rebel against him while he's unconcious and try and find a way to subvert his power before he wakes up

Yeah, but why repeat the same storyline again? We spent years on that, Nagash recovered. Death is the loss of agency, its part of the faction. It's the dark mirror to order.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

No damm sense but we don’t know what is the chronology of the books.

Maybe Teclis went versus Nagash before Morathi did all her stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

I don't think Teclis is intending to destroy Nagash;  I'm going to place my bet that He intends to split off an Aspect of Death consumed by Nagash in the Age of Myth.  Teclis will help bring back one of the Old Gods of Death to rival Nagash and sunder his hold on Shyish.  This will open the way for many undead, such as Vampyres, to rebel with a reasonable chance of success.   If successful, perhaps more Old Gods will splinter from Nagash as his hold weakens. The Realm of Death is not working as it should and Teclis intends to return it to balance to help stabilise the Realms.

I would love for this to happen. I believe Death needs more autonomy to its Factions and the ability to do what 'they' want. Makes it more open than just FEC.

EDIT. @Overread great minds think alike ;)

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 3

I'm against removing Nagash in some form again, as I said in my last post they already did that story. Death characters have agency to a point. But there is a line, they forfitied their free will to become undead. The whole story between sigmar and nagash is the topic of free will.

If mortals had no free will that means no chaos hence why they view Nagash as a threat. Sigmar feels otherwise.

FEC who don't want to serve nagash don't fight him, they run away, why? Because he can just hijack the vampire king and insert himself into their madness.

Nagash is the net negative to death, there should be a downside in becoming one of his creatures. In my opinion that's part of your agency.

• Like 3

I dont think you have to dethrone Nagash to get some more conflict in Death.

Just have the mortarchs bicker and argue with one another in order to win Nagash's favour.

Even if they remain part of Nagash that could still be an interesting set up for a story about Nagash's grasp on his power and reality as a whole.

So essentially we have Nagash competing with Nagash to gain the favour of Nagash until his mind just totally implodes on itself.

I just think there are more creative ways to break Death apart than Vampires being annoying, power hungry arseholes because.... reasons... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Ragest said:

No damm sense but we don’t know what is the chronology of the books.

Maybe Teclis went versus Nagash before Morathi did all her stuff.

They are usually chronologically at least the main books, but hey, if you claim to be the god of Illumination shouldn’t you have a bit of foresight? Or you just install light bulbs and allow destruction of worlds?

4 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

Yup I think so too. Broken Realms: Morathi set up the Hedonites battle tome. I think this book could focus on Nighthaunt and perhaps Bonereapers as well, tying up any loose ends regarding the necroquake before they shift gear and delve into the new Soulblight stuff later on. Then subsequent Broken Realms books can focus on setting up 3.0. 

Nighthaunts do need a new Battletome... hopefully they get one

4 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

Yup I think so too. Broken Realms: Morathi set up the Hedonites battle tome. I think this book could focus on Nighthaunt and perhaps Bonereapers as well, tying up any loose ends regarding the necroquake before they shift gear and delve into the new Soulblight stuff later on. Then subsequent Broken Realms books can focus on setting up 3.0. 

Oh yeah, Nighthaunt really do need an update. They do appear in the trailer afterall. Perhaps a loss on that front might get Nagash to turn to the vampires.

On the contrary, it makes perfect sense for Teclis to go after Nagash since the arcanum optimar caused enormous damage to the realms, and while Morathi is an unreliable  and treacherous fool, Nagash is an existential threat to all life that is arguably almost as dangerous as the forces of Chaos. Thus, the best outcome for Teclis is a situation where both Chaos and Nagash faces significant setbacks. 

Edited by LordAlpharius

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

Nagash is the net negative to death, there should be a downside in becoming one of his creatures. In my opinion that's part of your agency.

I agree there should be a net negative to Death, as there is for Chaos, but it's a shame it's so closely tied to a character. Like I mentioned a little while ago, I don't like Nagash as a character - he just doesn't really do anything for me - so it'd be a shame to have to have my Death army attached to him in some way. If Nagash was presented more like a force rather than a person (who you can buy a model of), I'd be less bothered, but as he has Old World and AoS stories about him he becomes one of the very few factions where the named character is intrinsically connected to all of the lore. His plans get blown up by rats, he got beaten by Archaon, and he can't quite hack Stormcasts - Nagash isn't particularly scary or mysterious, so it's a shame to be shackled to him. 

I'd have the exact same issue with Chaos if they were all drawn under Archaon's will, but thankfully Chaos is a much more personal fall and the Chaos Gods aren't characters really.

I think reducing Nagash's power but still having a downside (like a vampire's eternal hunger driving them mad, or even just Shysh itself rotting away their individuality from the inside) would be the best option.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LordAlpharius said:

Sure, Broken Realms can definately change power balance, but for a soulblight rebellion to have more than 0,0000001% chance of surviving, Nagash's defeat would have to be a lot more more devastating than the one he suffered in the age of chaos.,

Then it is time for a weapon, smithed by the unknown race beneath, made to kill-slay god-things and its bearer.

Yes-yes 

it is time for the return of “the Fellblade”.

(Aaand the skaven)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 3

Vamps don’t need to be direct antagonists to Nagash, but I expect at least one Soulblight Mortarch to be subtlety undermining his rule, hopefully Neferata makes a play. Using subterfuge and working in the shadows is befitting of vampires after all. I’m hoping to see the political side of the courts, and the infighting between the vampiric houses personally. 

Edited by NotAWzrd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Athrawes said:

I mean Hysh is literally breaking apart due to the spirefall, which was caused by Teclis's creation of the Lumineth. 

So I had to go look this up and guess what I found on the Lexicanum? We all took the obvious bait in that prophecy, "serpent's tide" has at least one other option besides Morathi-Volturnos alliance!

"The Rune that is used to represent the Realm of Hysh is known as the Serpent of Light but shows Hysh mounted above the wheel of magic, representing that the realm is the most magically powerful. The symbol is that of a serpent and is often used by the people of Hysh as a decorative and protective device on jewelery, weapons and clothing."

Very sneaky of them to do, but then again the prophecy was given by an agent of Tzeentch called The Seer of the Crystal Isle. I think this confirms Tzeentch has a hand in Slaanesh's (inevitable) escape, possibly pulling other strings during Broken Realms as well.

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'm surprised other people are so surprised at this tbh, we knew Lumineth were getting Blademasters when Direchasm released with one. Though this being a final confirmation is nice

That is not always a case, you can see some fighters in UW which are still not in main game.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Vamps don’t need to be direct antagonists to Nagash, but I expect at least one Soulblight Mortarch to be subtlety undermining his rule, hopefully Neferata makes a play. Using subterfuge and working in the shadows is befitting of vampires after all. I’m hoping to see the political side of the courts, and the infighting between the vampiric houses personally. 

We've seen Mannfred do exactly that against Nagash by using reverse psychology.  That's how I imagine the less loyal vampires get around Nagash sometimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'm surprised other people are so surprised at this tbh, we knew Lumineth were getting Blademasters when Direchasm released with one. Though this being a final confirmation is nice

I am surprised but that is because I assumed they would release one day alongside Tyrion. I am actually still thinking that is a possibility as the upcoming Broken Realms releases seem pretty much on par with what got released for 40k Psychic Awakening factions.

18 minutes ago, Aleser said:

That is not always a case, you can see some fighters in UW which are still not in main game.

yeah my friend told me the Spite Revenant warband has a ranged model that is not a weapon option for the tabletop unit, which I had thought was possible, then realized I was getting the half-tree people confused with the big tree people

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am surprised but that is because I assumed they would release one day alongside Tyrion. I am actually still thinking that is a possibility as the upcoming Broken Realms releases seem pretty much on par with what got released for 40k Psychic Awakening factions.

well if they're in the video but not shown tomorrow, seems like a safe assumption that a full unit will come out with Tyrion

So it seems quite likely now that perhaps Gordrakk and the Siege of Excelsis may be the start of 3.0 and end of Broken Realms.

I really cannot wait to see what Skagrott has planned for the Mega Gargants and what new units will come to Destruction if any through Broken Realms. Hopefully those RE will end up being a new Ogor model or unit. 

• Like 5