The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Doko said:

In my opinion the fix is easy:

-remove doubleturn as maaaaaaaaaaany people hate it 

-or put the same alternate activate units that we have in melle but in shooting but this wont do anything if the enemy havent shooting

The second point would only make shooting worse. It would just mean that shooting armies get to shoot you twice a turn.

Also, in all polls on this topic I have seen people prefer the double turn over I-go-you-go. The double turn has a crucial function: Mitigating the advantage of going first. If you remove it, we'll quickly shift into an alpha strike meta. The real answer is to make the double turn more interactive so that you can play to get it or deny it to your opponent.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The second point would only make shooting worse. It would just mean that shooting armies get to shoot you twice a turn.

Also, in all polls on this topic I have seen people prefer the double turn over I-go-you-go. The double turn has a crucial function: Mitigating the advantage of going first. If you remove it, we'll quickly shift into an alpha strike meta. The real answer is to make the double turn more interactive so that you can play to get it or deny it to your opponent.

the other poll I saw there was a An equal clear divide on keeping double turn and ditching It so quite a controversial mechanic right now

Soo Necromunda just got a preview of some new models incoming and someone on Facebook said something that sounded like a really good idea

Spoiler

Daughters of Khaine CATS

No no really they are Phyrr cats for Necromunda House of Escher army. But still cats for the snake/bat aelves!

8X1N5SK3QsDPhwnK.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Overread said:

Soo Necromunda just got a preview of some new models incoming and someone on Facebook said something that sounded like a really good idea

Hide contents

Daughters of Khaine CATS

No no really they are Phyrr cats for Necromunda House of Escher army. But still cats for the snake/bat aelves!

8X1N5SK3QsDPhwnK.jpg

I see them more like a new replacement for frost sabres

• LOVE IT! 1

53 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Would be nice, but do you think GW would see updaing the three year old Judicator kit as a good move when *guestures broadly at Seraphon*?

The same GW that updates Space Marines on a yearly basis whilst other armies languish with models 20+ years old? Yeah, that GW. 😛

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Maybe it would be enough if you simply COULD NOT target any solo characters (neither with spells nor shooting) that benefit from "look out sir". And maybe a -1 to hit when you target big one-man units.

Doubt it, it would just move everything not other direction IMO, back to dozen heros buffing large block and if you can't do that you die. But it's just a tought.

1 hour ago, SleeperAgent said:

I love the double turn. If it didn't exist AoS would just be fantasy 40k, which would turn me away easily since 40k is boring.

And I would love double to be removed, but not by changing it to 40k system as I think you are right. It's not binary choice however and many different systems are in use, even in GW games.

I don't want to get here too much into all that, it's rumor thread after all. And especially discussions about priority crop up regularly.

EDIT: Yeah and there is Mod notice even

Edited by Boar

Rumours abound now that cities are definitely going to be gone as an army come the new edition broken realms is the end times but specifically for old dwarf and human models the dark elf models are going to be kept and rolled into the new morathi faction. What a shame. I guess phoenicum will be the next city to go that will get rid of phoenix guard. 

It's actually pretty good news because it means GW MUST  has to will need to release a new human faction at some point in aos 3.0.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 3

Love how cities of sigmar armies are evolving. 

Can see dwarfen heavy cities coming as well as the more traditional mixed type. 

I think cities of sigmar is one of the most exciting factions going forward in AoS as there is so much that can be done. 

Bring it on!! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, SlyRebirth said:

I'm afraid my own expectation management means that any interesting-looking Rumour Engine image immediately gets filed in the "probably just a Warcry/Underworlds warband" section... But: 

RumourEngine136 Nov10 Content3t

Probably the remains of a dead Spacecast, after the skaven have finally build the soul stealer War engine, meant to make an end to this stupid reforging.

31 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Rumours abound now that cities are definitely going to be gone as an army come the new edition broken realms is the end times but specifically for old dwarf and human models the dark elf models are going to be kept and rolled into the new morathi faction. What a shame. I guess phoenicum will be the next city to go that will get rid of phoenix guard. 

It's actually pretty good news because it means GW MUST  has to will need to release a new human faction at some point in aos 3.0.

Take any 'this faction is going away' rumours with a truckload of salt. Remember when someone 'saw' a GW board that said how Seraphon was being squatted? There are rumours, and then there are 4chan rumours.

11 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Evidence please. And I mean actual evidence, not just conjecture based on lore developments.

As one of the persons very much doubting its longevity, I haven't seen any indication of its demise. Inclusion in Morathi even implies continued paper support through AoS 3

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

For those unaware Icegoat has been predicting the demise of humanity/cities of sigmar for ages now. 

Right now we've 1 campaign book and no idea what is to come in the future. Rumours are a rare thing now and with GW firing out new products regularly and with news typically up to around 3 months in advance ( a bit less right now most likely due to corona) we just don't get staff risking jobs breaking NDA. So rumours are rare, esp long term ones. 

11 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

As one of the persons very much doubting its longevity, I haven't seen any indication of its demise. Inclusion in Morathi even implies continued paper support through AoS 3

The easy evidence is model availability. Old dark elves box is being sold in new packaging the other good guy city faction is all stormcast. The druchii shall survive this purge but mark it now by the broken realms end the city model line will be at an end. I can dream that this will mean aos 3 will release with a human faction box vs skaven or something but that probably wont happen yet. New humans are definitely arriving broken realms has confirmed it

Once full spoilers are out and allowed people will see how the old cities book is already obsolete now.

• Confused 2