The Rumour Thread

20 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

It feels too static of an item to be for an Underworlds warband though; we know the DOK leader has a spear, there's twin witch aelves with twin daggers, and 1 melusai

Could also be Slaaneshi as it looks like those blade-bits from the DP* duo (Syll'esske or however you write it) but the soup thing is kinda making me think of something else. Slaanesh is all about the senses so anything related to food would be fitting but it would definitely be a first.Perhaps the mortal realms will be plagued now by Glut-Tony, exalted champion of Slaanesh. Thick is beautiful too as they say.

*Daemon Prince, dirty-minded ones 

this is a smart move for the terrain. I like this feature, to too much locked in the seraphon design (could be a neutral terrain mix/match with other terrains).

All four sides are covered with distinctive Seraphon-style glyph plates and stone carvings, so it instantly feels at home with your army. There’s no difference between the two different looks in-game, so you can choose the one that best reflects your theme or concept. Do you have Starborne, just recently manifested? The clean side might work best for that. Perhaps they’re Coalesced, having existed here for generations, in which case the creeping vines help reinforce their age and more primal nature. Or, you can always mix up the panels to go for something in between!

733eb859.jpg

86da2571.jpg

• Like 1

I personally love the clean Realmshaper more becaise, as they said, it gives that feeling of the Starborne just landing which is full of fun narrative for the celestial beings like that mention of Ghur tribes worshipping them as gods from on high. :D

Also Hammerhal herald today, Jurassic park but with intelligent magic space dinos. What could go wrong?

88986525_1275608212635969_54865679832894

Carnosaur's interesting saying it was an illusion like it kept flickering in and out of reality.

Might be a hint of those strange Starborne magic abilities like stuff to make mounts Ethereal.

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

I personally love the clean Realmshaper more becaise, as they said, it gives that feeling of the Starborne just landing which is full of fun narrative for the celestial beings like that mention of Ghur tribes worshipping them as gods from on high. :D

Also Hammerhal herald today, Jurassic park but with intelligent magic space dinos. What could go wrong?

88986525_1275608212635969_54865679832894

Carnosaur's interesting saying it was an illusion like it kept flickering in and out of reality.

Might be a hint of those strange Starborne magic abilities like stuff to make mounts Ethereal.

Oh from who could those handprints  possible be from😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MacWarhammer said:

True. I still hope for very traditional, low fantasy skeletons, like the Sepulchral Guard models. I can‘t stand those Ossiarchs at all. 
Are there any rumors about a “normal“ skeleton faction?

Pretty sure Ossiarch is your "Skeleton" faction (even though they are actually bone constructs). 

If you go back 2 years to when Legions of Nagash book came out, comprised of all WHFB miniatures, and push play, you can pretty clearly see where things are going:
Flesh Eaters Courts  (ghouls) - Done before LoN actually. Takes any of the existing good plastic kits that would fit. 
Nighthaunt (ghosts) - Pull all relevant models from LoN. 
Ossiarch Bonereapers (skeletons) - PUll all relevant models from LoN

Looking at what's left. It seems there is room for a Vampire and/or Necromancer based faction. Perhaps Existing Skeleton Warrior / Grave Guard kits can be fodder for that faction, but they're definitely gonna try to ramp up the AoS-ity of such a faction.  I suspect if they do keep Skeletons around they're gonna change their name, and eventually give them a different look. 

The real dream though is vampire pirates... 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Looking at what's left. It seems there is room for a Vampire and/or Necromancer based faction. Perhaps Existing Skeleton Warrior / Grave Guard kits can be fodder for that faction, but they're definitely gonna try to ramp up the AoS-ity of such a faction.  I suspect if they do keep Skeletons around they're gonna change their name, and eventually give them a different look. 

Well, did you see what they just did with chaos? Wrath of the everchosen? It gives us several new factions with existing units and some of them are far from bad. For example, the varanguard hero faction  ( Knights of the Empty Throne ) seems very promising and even has been consolidated by the FAQ yesterday. 

So, LoN being a bit oudated, I wouldn't be surprised to see such a book to update LoN and add some nasty themed combos, vampires, squeletons, you name it. This is a cheap solution, I admit, but it can refresh LoN and Death by extension.

16 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Pretty sure Ossiarch is your "Skeleton" faction (even though they are actually bone constructs). 

If you go back 2 years to when Legions of Nagash book came out, comprised of all WHFB miniatures, and push play, you can pretty clearly see where things are going:
Flesh Eaters Courts  (ghouls) - Done before LoN actually. Takes any of the existing good plastic kits that would fit. 
Nighthaunt (ghosts) - Pull all relevant models from LoN. 
Ossiarch Bonereapers (skeletons) - PUll all relevant models from LoN

The real dream though is vampire pirates... 

vampire pirates are boring, all the interesting stuff in vampire coast are zombie-related. 

a vampire uprising faction/subfaction (vampires sneaking into human dominated settlements and armies and converting them gene-stealer cult style) paired with vampire 'over-lords' style faction (vampires ruling over mortals, breeding the best humans to turn to vampires and others for feeding) have much more potential to play off what the actual vampire side of things...

zombie pirates would then allow for a zombie themed death faction that doesn't step on nurgles toes and takes the best stuff from vampire coast (plus new stuff obviously).

even if Ossiarchs are skeletons (they are more like consctructs and don't fit the skeleton vibe, but lets just say they are) there is still the wights of fantasy. they were their own thing and are currently part of death rattle. a wight focused army with skeleton 'conscripts' could replace LON as the standard armies of Nagash. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

After giving up hope on new models, My plan was to unload my many many unpainted Seraphon, and work on other projects over the next few years awaiting new models.   Now they rope me back in! 

The rub is that Stegadons are $60 and web store only, and they were already super rare on ebay, so it's quite a commitment to a single list style.  But man it sounds awesome. 

18 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

After giving up hope on new models, My plan was to unload my many many unpainted Seraphon, and work on other projects over the next few years awaiting new models.   Now they rope me back in! 

The rub is that Stegadons are $60 and web store only, and they were already super rare on ebay, so it's quite a commitment to a single list style.  But man it sounds awesome. 

But Schleich's Diabloceratops are £10, and about the right size.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Seraphon are sounding very fun and it seems as though they provide very versatile play options. I was originally contented with many of the smaller factions in AOS but this makes me think every army needs the option to, at least, run a pure monster variant. 

Edited by Neverchosen

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Seraphon are sounding very fun and it seems as though they provide very versatile play options. I was originally contented with many of the smaller factions in AOS but this makes me think every army needs the option to, at least, run a pure monster variant. 

BY GREAT HORNED RAT! All Abomination list!! Brilliant!

(I think it was a bad-stupid idea to say that in thread full of lizard-things , yes-yes...)

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Nqshou said:

How can that even be viable?  I mean 8 models army, good luck taking objectives

If this is like ogors, there is something like "count as 10 for objectives purpose"...

BTW, 8 in a 2k points army means that it is super cheap (in points), making me speculate that it is super NOT cheap in €£$...🤔

39 minutes ago, Nqshou said:

How can that even be viable?  I mean 8 models army, good luck taking objectives

In Ogre Mawtribes, each model counts for multiple when it comes to objectives, with Stonehorns counting for 10 models.
It is rumoured that Sons of Behemat will be able to manipulate/"destroy" objectives.
GHB 2020 is right around the corner, Perhaps we will see a paradigm shift.  We already have several battleplans that do not use the default "most models wins" mode. 

I think the necessity of hordes to control objectives is one of the main critiques of the current AoS system. It is definitely one of my least favorite things about it.  AoS compared to WFHB has many giant centerpiece miniatures. And even the infantry are dynamically posed and don't crowd together well.  Plus, many people don't like painting hordes. 

I for one hope that the default core rules for objectives soon switches away from "most models in 6 inches" and they find some way to do objectives that does not favor certain styles of list. 

4 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

If this is like ogors, there is something like "count as 10 for objectives purpose"...

BTW, 8 in a 2k points army means that it is super cheap (in points), making me speculate that it is super NOT cheap in €£$...🤔

Well, we know how many points the list is... 1970. and in addition to 7 Stegadons it has a Bastilladon (which is currently more points than a Stegadon).
So a Stegadon is probably ~200-240, depending on loadout, with the Chief probably costing more, who knows about EoTG.  

200 points for $60usd is not terrible. It's not Gotrek or Nagash levels of points/$ value, but it's not as bad as witch aelves!  Plus it's a great kit  that is super intricate. I hope a 1000pt list is viable so I can start on a second Stegadon. 

I suspect it's no coincidence that between 2 very similar sized/priced kits Stegadon/Bastilladon, ONE was chosen for battleline, and the OTHER was chosen for the start collecting box. 😒

• Like 1