The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

I'm a simple man but if a black library writer want to put an easter egg in a book, lets say a stormcast eternals Settra, wouldn't he ask permission to gw?

And, I mean, if GW give that permission couldn't we assume that no plans for this Settra are on the table? Just guessing here, do not throw stones 😌

From what I understand, this is more tied with who this writer is. For example, if he is also a member of GW battletome team and all timely work for GW, maybe it is more likely for him to get the first hand material from inside. For other writers I believe they usually don’t get news way before us.

2 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

I'm a simple man but if a black library writer want to put an easter egg in a book, lets say a stormcast eternals Settra, wouldn't he ask permission to gw?

And, I mean, if GW give that permission couldn't we assume that no plans for this Settra are on the table? Just guessing here, do not throw stones 😌

@JReynolds can probably give the best answer as he's a writer for BL (I believe he has actually referenced the Settra situation a couple of times) and has often been willing to share some details of behind the scenes. 

41 minutes ago, Overread said:

@JReynolds can probably give the best answer as he's a writer for BL (I believe he has actually referenced the Settra situation a couple of times) and has often been willing to share some details of behind the scenes. 

If my experience is anything to go by, said Easter egg would have been vetted, first by the editors, and then by lore guys at the editing stage. If it got through, then chances are that there are no plans for Settra's return as the leader of a faction of anti-Nagash undead. Too, the likelihood of getting such a faction anytime soon is infinitesimal, and even if it did happen, it's even less likely that it would bear any resemblance, lore-wise, to the Tomb Kings. At best, I could see them adapting some of the designs for potential Deathrattle releases down the line, if only to make the skeletons look more cohesive with Nagash and Arkhan the Black.  

(Also, some skeletal archers would be nice, just saying...)

This isn't to say that it's impossible. I am not keyed in to the company, or privy to any discussions regarding this sort of thing. But it ain't likely at this stage. 

tldr; it could happen, but it probably won't. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 14

On 6/7/2019 at 3:46 PM, the_master288 said:

Did you receive your copy?  I got mine yesterday.

It's an absolutely beautiful book.

I got mine today! Such a marvelous beauty. Reminds me why I enjoy Warhammer so much.

I hope it might be the start of re-editions of BL classics. Liber Necris or Tamurkhan would be most welcomed. Never bothered to pick up those books and regret it.

32 minutes ago, VBS said:

I got mine today! Such a marvelous beauty. Reminds me why I enjoy Warhammer so much.

I hope it might be the start of re-editions of BL classics. Liber Necris or Tamurkhan would be most welcomed. Never bothered to pick up those books and regret it.

I wound up ordering it twice when I suddenly saw it out of stock on the GW website. Thankfully Waylands new stock system reported it red and out of stock before it launched so charged over and tried my like at Firestormgames - and was darn lucky!Just gotta refund on Wayland, though part of me won't believe it unti I see the book in my hands.

Rather a nice surprise because I only discovered the book existed a month or so ago when trawling ebay for slaanesh stuff and found the libre slaanesh (which forms 1/4 of the libre chaotica). Spent a couple of weeks trying to win the previous hardback versions on ebay and not getting them, only for GW to relist it! I really hope GW would list it for more than one print run - I love lore and art books and its always a huge shame when they are very short term products because one doesn't always have the money in the single window. The Eldar art books that were done a few months back I would have loved to own but didn't have the money at the time. 

Again, a stock management extremly poorly done by GW at LAUNCH day. ATM, already 9 contrast colors are out of stock and the bundle of 34 colors is just gone is something like 2 hours. And we are only on PRE order day.

GW, you really should think about your comex efficiency. You're loosing sales, you're making your customers mad again and again. Such a marketing job ruined buy the distribution/stock management. For a company weighting more than a billion  €/$, excuse my English, but you s*ck.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

Calm the farm GeneralZero. GW have a very modern distribution system it is just that they are going through a period of unprecedented demand. You will get your paints soon enough.

At least it paints and not like those Box set like Carrion empire or Looncurse that if you miss out it be next to impossible to get it afterward where I think criticism on GW is due on that part.

• Like 4

And lets be honest Looncurse and the like only have unique models for a very short (comparatively speaking) span of time. 

Meanwhile yeah the paints are sold out, that was almost to be expected. Paints are not something we buy every day, in fact many gamers might only need one or two pots of any one colour ever or they are spread out over many years. You'll buy more boxes of troops than any one kind of paint (barring perhaps one or two colours).

GW has limits on what they can pre-stock plus contrast paints hits more than their own market; you've got loads of painters and wargamers who are likely getting them who never touch GW models or products otherwise. A bit of a short fall now isn't a huge deal; its frustrating to be sure, don't get me wrong. But in the grand scheme of things its a small delay on stocks that will be replenished. Give it a month and it will all have smoothed out and you'l lbe whining about lack of stock on Warcry ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Overread said:

And lets be honest Looncurse and the like only have unique models for a very short (comparatively speaking) span of time. 

Meanwhile yeah the paints are sold out, that was almost to be expected. Paints are not something we buy every day, in fact many gamers might only need one or two pots of any one colour ever or they are spread out over many years. You'll buy more boxes of troops than any one kind of paint (barring perhaps one or two colours).

GW has limits on what they can pre-stock plus contrast paints hits more than their own market; you've got loads of painters and wargamers who are likely getting them who never touch GW models or products otherwise. A bit of a short fall now isn't a huge deal; its frustrating to be sure, don't get me wrong. But in the grand scheme of things its a small delay on stocks that will be replenished. Give it a month and it will all have smoothed out and you'l lbe whining about lack of stock on Warcry ;)

This is something  have a problem with. People still cannot buy Guardian of Souls from Soul Wars.  Same goes for Warlock Bombardier and Archregent. Im certain there's more but I don't have knowledge of all the armies. If GW wanted to do something after this Sylvaneth book problem they should've started listing these heroes for solo sale. Would've filled the gap of releases over the last month or so nicely.

29 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

How can people not buy many many pots of paint a year? I mean I go through my main colours like crazy and am using a wet pallet. Yeah secondary colours like edge highlights last longer but I usually replace those at least once a year too. 

I've been in the hobby over a year, I have painted like 6-7k pitched points worth of models. I have finished 1 pot of paint, and 2 agrax eathshade (mostly because I used a lot for basing).   

Are you sure you are applying 2 thin coats???

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I've been in the hobby over a year, I have painted like 6-7k pitched points worth of models. I have finished 1 pot of paint, and 2 agrax eathshade (mostly because I used a lot for basing).   

Are you sure you are applying 2 thin coats???

Yes everyone loves my painting and its probably equal to or slightly better than the box art painting or so I've been told. I'm a bit of a slow painter though but I don't think that slow lol. 

Edited by Barkanaut

6 hours ago, VBS said:

Awesome!!

I totally agree, it's a beautiful book.  I'm very happy with the quality of the print.  I also agree, that more classic books reprinted would be welcome.

5 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Again, a stock management extremly poorly done by GW at LAUNCH day. ATM, already 9 contrast colors are out of stock and the bundle of 34 colors is just gone is something like 2 hours. And we are only on PRE order day.

GW, you really should think about your comex efficiency. You're loosing sales, you're making your customers mad again and again. Such a marketing job ruined buy the distribution/stock management. For a company weighting more than a billion  €/$, excuse my English, but you s*ck.

Agreed.  This is standard GW, not estimating demand properly.

5 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Calm the farm GeneralZero. GW have a very modern distribution system it is just that they are going through a period of unprecedented demand. You will get your paints soon enough.

Say what you want, but @GeneralZero is correct here.  This isn't "unprecedented demand", this is GW doing a very poor job at handling the demand that their marketing team has created.  It's very sad that no matter what GW releases, they cause this to happen, and all it does is anger people who want to buy their product, which if we remember, is GW's whole point to existing.

4 hours ago, novakai said:

At least it paints and not like those Box set like Carrion empire or Looncurse that if you miss out it be next to impossible to get it afterward where I think criticism on GW is due on that part.

I agree here, however, this is just another failure of GW's product distribution team.  Each release shows this more, and it's a damn shame.

4 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

This is something  have a problem with. People still cannot buy Guardian of Souls from Soul Wars.  Same goes for Warlock Bombardier and Archregent. Im certain there's more but I don't have knowledge of all the armies. If GW wanted to do something after this Sylvaneth book problem they should've started listing these heroes for solo sale. Would've filled the gap of releases over the last month or so nicely.

Agreed.  GW still hasn't shown that they are going to created boxes for these leader units well after the limited box sets have been sold out.  Hopefully they announce something soon for these units.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the_master288 said:

Agreed.  GW still hasn't shown that they are going to created boxes for these leader units well after the limited box sets have been sold out.  Hopefully they announce something soon for these units.

I am guessing when Soul War gets discontinued they would rerelease both sides as new starter sets like what they did with the original starter set with Khorne and Strike chamber Stormcast

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Yes everyone loves my painting and its probably equal to or slightly better than the box art painting or so I've been told. I'm a bit of a slow painter though but I don't think that slow lol. 

You are better than the 'Eavy Metal team? I would love to see some of your work

• Haha 8

Khorgoraths are still not available outside of the SC box and Nurglings I think are  properly advertised only in the Nurgle SC box. The Carrion Empire box was only published what? 3-4 months? Isn't 6 months the delay usually between a box and the solo releases of its heroes?

Reality is that some miniatures will never be released alone, some will take some time and those boxes are used mostly for massive discounts. Problem is hoarding: if everyone would sensibly buy only what he "needs" there would be lots for everyone (but I guess that's not how this hobby works :) ). And I include myself, as I have a day one Looncurse box and read only the book. You can't expect discounted boxes to be available forever, they are supposed to be an entry to a new army or entice old players to add some more to their existing one. They are probably counting how many they need to entice enough people to buy the rest while lowering their margin on those sales. What I would like to see it's those books in the boxes released at least digitally, some are a good read.

Returning on topic of Contrast paints, Tom and Vince from Warhammer Weekly mentioned a couple of weeks ago to set the right expectations as it will take the entire month to GW to ship and stock all paints to all distributors (they also mentioned a 3 layers distributors where only the top one would receive them next week). So even if you pre-ordered from a distributor, you are not guaranteed you are going to find them next week on your door step... Just patience I guess, what concerns me is that the Battle Ready tutorial they promised are not here yet, so I can wait to see what they recommend before launching myself in 34 new pots :)

• Like 1