The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, shinros said:

Problem is that the order of ayzr is a separate organisation made up of witch hunters only according to nick that's the name of the witch hunter order created by sigmar. The name devoted of sigmar encompasses a broader range you can easily tell hey here is an army of sigmarite zealots. The devoted of sigmar I guess is made up of difference organizations working together.  

True, I guess I was just presuming Devoted of Sigmar was going to become the new name for flagellants. I guess my concern is that Devoted just limits the army to Sigmarite zealots, whilst I kind of hope for a wider human faction.

24 minutes ago, Zen said:

which to me seems quite cheap

I feel like on foot they're actually dear. Higher cost per model than retributors for instance.

No reason not to take discs though which would make them pretty cheap cavalry (though what are they rough equivalent to?). They are strong and most of all fast troops, not tough.

Can't see skyfire points cost yet but those guys are definitely tastier.

Edited by Turragor

Well, they have 1 attack vs the 2 of the Kurnoths.
Shorter range but they are faster than kurnoths.
Less wounds, but again faster. 
Can deal d3 mortal wounds where as kurnoths can deal a mortal wound per base in melee. 
Kurnoths can reroll all failed saved if they activate their ability. 

20 points a difference. I don't think they are OP. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I don't see them as any more OP than Kurnoth Hunters. Which is to say, they're strong and will be a staple, but aren't "take as many as possible and auto-win games". There are enough powerful things in the game that can shoot them back or are fast enough to reach them and fight them, and they're pretty squishy aside from the wound count. 

Now that we have a good idea of points, time to start theorizing lists!

54 minutes ago, BlooDeck said:

True, I guess I was just presuming Devoted of Sigmar was going to become the new name for flagellants. I guess my concern is that Devoted just limits the army to Sigmarite zealots, whilst I kind of hope for a wider human faction.

There are two human factions free guild and devoted of sigmar, free guild is the more open option. 

Anyway new image from facebook. PLEASE LET THE RUMOR IMAGE BE DEVOTED OF SIGMAR PLEASE!

15977777_570486343148163_138543914294882

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, shinros said:

There are two human factions free guild and devoted of sigmar, free guild is the more open option. 

Anyway new image from facebook. PLEASE LET THE RUMOR IMAGE BE DEVOTED OF SIGMAR PLEASE!

This is true. I just like the name Order of Azyr ok! :P

Also I'm loving this drip feed of lore. Hammerhal sounds like it is going to be a central part of the second AoS arc, what with all the mentions it keeps on getting.

2 hours ago, N_Watson said:

Well, they have 1 attack vs the 2 of the Kurnoths.
Shorter range but they are faster than kurnoths.
Less wounds, but again faster. 
Can deal d3 mortal wounds where as kurnoths can deal a mortal wound per base in melee. 
Kurnoths can reroll all failed saved if they activate their ability. 

20 points a difference. I don't think they are OP. 

Kurnoth are 50% more durable *without* rerollable saves. 

Ranged
Kurnoth does 2 * .5 * .666 * .666 * 2 = 0.89
Skyfire does 1 * .333 * .666 * .666 * 2 = 0.30 (regular) plus 1 * .333 * 2 = 0.67 for a total of 0.97 (assuming shaman is near).

Melee
Kurnoth does 3 * .5 * .5 * .5 * 1 = 0.38 plus 1.5 mortal for 1.88 total.
Skyfire does 2 * .55 * .55 * .5 * 1 = 0.30 plus 1 * .75 * .55 * .5 * 1 = 0.21  plus 2 * .75 * .888 * .666 * 2 = 1.77 for 2.28 total

Skyfires are definitely not better than Kurnoth.

Edit: added rerolls for skyfires.  

Skyfires do 18% more damage, but are 66% as durable before Kurnoth rerolls.  That they fly makes up for this.

Edited by daedalus81
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, shinros said:

15977777_570486343148163_138543914294882

Well, that is something a Commissariate or Inquisition would do, not the Imperial Army. As such, if it is a new release, chances are it is indeed the Devoted/Order.

Which is good. The one thing I am missing in AoS is religious fanatism. I mean, GW has built a whole franchise on it :D

18 minutes ago, StealthKnightSteg said:

rumours getting stronger it seems for free people and duardin.. If both are so up.. then the mixed faction idea is something to consider? Free Cities and their inhabitants.

A book which includes Duardin, Free People's and Devoted as separate, unique factions that can be used together as well would be excellent, though I may be wish listing because of the Disciples release. 

• Like 1

I can't wait to see some new Duardin and Freeguild miniatures. My old Empire army has just been sitting on a shelf, it would be nice to actually see the new society that Sigmar is helping the free peoples build in the mortal realms. After seeing the battle reports on Warhammer TV I feel that the Empire (Freeguld) models fit better into the setting (especially when they are converted). Right now I just want too see what style and background they will get and if there are new ideas for human factions. Perhaps GW could introduce kits that add spare parts like heads and gear to customize/kitbash existing miniatures.

For now I'll stick to my Stormcast and build some Tzeentch followers...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Kurnoth are 50% more durable *without* rerollable saves. 

Ranged
Kurnoth does 2 * .5 * .666 * .666 * 2 = 0.89
Skyfire does 1 * .333 * .666 * .666 * 2 = 0.30 (regular) plus 1 * .333 * 2 = 0.67 for a total of 0.97 (assuming shaman is near).

Melee
Kurnoth does 3 * .5 * .5 * .5 * 1 = 0.38 plus 1.5 mortal for 1.88 total.
Skyfire does 2 * .55 * .55 * .5 * 1 = 0.30 plus 1 * .75 * .55 * .5 * 1 = 0.21  plus 2 * .75 * .888 * .666 * 2 = 1.77 for 2.28 total

Skyfires are definitely not better than Kurnoth.

Edit: added rerolls for skyfires.  

Skyfires do 18% more damage, but are 66% as durable before Kurnoth rerolls.  That they fly makes up for this.

Actually Kunoth is good for reliability not damage at all. They are tactical option because they are more tough than most tanky units in other army list.

Talking about damage so many range units can do much better than Kunoth like Prosecutors with Javelin or Hearth Guard. 

These guys need to be compared with Prosecutors, which is short ranged but very mobile.

Posecutors are half points and 6 of them can do 4*0.66*0.66*0.66*2=2,37  and another 4*0.66*0.66*0.5*2=1,78 do total 4.148.

3 Skyfire can do 2.91.

Prosecutors are even tougher as same wound count but 4+ reroll 1.