Jump to content

AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember that they also have Rend -1 and do mortal wounds on 6s to-wound in addition to normal damage.  The initial reaction here and elsewhere (moreso elsewhere) isn't surprising to me in the sl

Okay, I've got the time to go through some changes. I think, at the moment we have a good idea of what's going on with AoS 3. Of course, there could be a huge difference when we get the full rules, bu

Finished the Lord of Pain now

Posted Images

  • Subscriber

I am curious (if a little worried) that our daemon side and core rules won't see much of a change. Maybe I'm wrong, but with hosts staying the same and that mentioning "3 additional battalions" (in addition to our current 4), it sounds like a lot of the rules are supplementary.

That said, no mention of depravity points which is good.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I am curious (if a little worried) that our daemon side and core rules won't see much of a change. Maybe I'm wrong, but with hosts staying the same and that mentioning "3 additional battalions" (in addition to our current 4), it sounds like a lot of the rules are supplementary.

That said, no mention of depravity points which is good.   

We will see in day or two.

That being said, you are most likely correct in your prediction.  GW will want to sell the mortals and the rules for daemons are probably not going to change in any meaningful way. 

Shame about Fiends, I love their sculpts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Shame about Fiends, I love their sculpts.

I'm hoping they do at least a light touch revision on fiends - just something to edge them up a bit

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fiends honestly didn't have bad rules, they just weren't outstanding rules in a battletome which favoured leaders. So fiends got overlooked for the most part. Not bad, just not outstanding. Honestly its not a bad place for them and would have been fine if it wasn't for the leader dominance due to depravity 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Overread said:

Fiends honestly didn't have bad rules, they just weren't outstanding rules in a battletome which favoured leaders. So fiends got overlooked for the most part. Not bad, just not outstanding. Honestly its not a bad place for them and would have been fine if it wasn't for the leader dominance due to depravity 

And shooting and magic/mortal wounds being in vogue. Their only defence is in melee, otherwise it's 4W and 5+ save on an expensive unit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I am curious (if a little worried) that our daemon side and core rules won't see much of a change. Maybe I'm wrong, but with hosts staying the same and that mentioning "3 additional battalions" (in addition to our current 4), it sounds like a lot of the rules are supplementary.

That said, no mention of depravity points which is good.   

Yeah, the way they keep saying "additional" warscrols and "11 new units" makes me think this is spot on. They also referred to the recent meta watch article, which I can only interpret as a lot of stuff staying the same or similar.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Syll'Esskan Host didn't make it in either, so those battalions are very much new - probably just specific to the mortals. I'm now curious how many changes there actually will be, and whether any of them invalidate the Syll'Esskan Hosts' legality; a depravity change wouldn't necessarily break any of its rules. 

I'll be quite sad if Depravity doesn't get a rework, but if we end up staying as the herohammer faction, then hopefully they at least price Fiends/the new stuff aggressively so they're worth taking. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Syll'Esskan Host didn't make it in either, so those battalions are very much new - probably just specific to the mortals. I'm now curious how many changes there actually will be, and whether any of them invalidate the Syll'Esskan Hosts' legality; a depravity change wouldn't necessarily break any of its rules. 

I'll be quite sad if Depravity doesn't get a rework, but if we end up staying as the herohammer faction, then hopefully they at least price Fiends/the new stuff aggressively so they're worth taking. 

Before our last book, in the GHB 2, we had Depravity points but we still took other units. It'd be a shame to not have a change, but depravity staying the same doesn't mean we can't have a varied list, it's just harder to do  

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I mean, currently you can get a Keeper for the same price as 6 Fiends, and the former of those choices is almost at a point of just being objectively better. If they can tune up our rank and file to where they need to be, Depravity remaining as-is won't be a problem, but I guess I'm not sold on GW getting it right until I see some more previews. Heck, if stuff like Myrmidesh end up being 3 Wounds 4+ 4++ bruisers then they'll be taken regardless of how Depravity works, but not knowing stuff like that makes the wait - and the choice of what to pre-order - even more taxing 😅

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So looking at the picture, Myrmadesh/Twinsouls look like they’re on 40mm; so Skullreaper/Wrathmonger equivalent; not Chaos Warrior equivalent. I had an eye-pop at the assumed price until I realized base size. Two boxes of them, Glutos, Sigvald, a book, and two units of Cav to start. I’ll expand from there later

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

So looking at the picture, Myrmadesh/Twinsouls look like they’re on 40mm; so Skullreaper/Wrathmonger equivalent; not Chaos Warrior equivalent. I had an eye-pop at the assumed price until I realized base size. Two boxes of them, Glutos, Sigvald, a book, and two units of Cav to start. I’ll expand from there later

I don't think so, the Lord of Pain is on a 40mm base, right? You can see that the Painbringers are sitting on smaller ones. That said, no one has seen the rules yet so who knows if they're more like blood warriors/liberators or skullreapers/paladins. Hey, sequitors are kind of an in-betweeny sort of unit, one or both of them could fulfil that role. 

I'd be happy with either. I really like the idea of a super elite Slaaneshi duelist unit but also it feels right for every chaos god to get a 100 point 2 wound troop. That said, if it's the latter one of them should be Slaanesh battleline (painbringers generic slaanesh, then the twinsouls for Sylle'Esske general or something). 

image.png.2caf5243bca9ee3abd1c4221c38f6788.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Klamm said:

I don't think so, the Lord of Pain is on a 40mm base, right? You can see that the Painbringers are sitting on smaller ones. That said, no one has seen the rules yet so who knows if they're more like blood warriors/liberators or skullreapers/paladins. Hey, sequitors are kind of an in-betweeny sort of unit, one or both of them could fulfil that role. 

I'd be happy with either. I really like the idea of a super elite Slaaneshi duelist unit but also it feels right for every chaos god to get a 100 point 2 wound troop. That said, if it's the latter one of them should be Slaanesh battleline (painbringers generic slaanesh, then the twinsouls for Sylle'Esske general or something). 

image.png.2caf5243bca9ee3abd1c4221c38f6788.png

Good call, I didn’t see him there. I was comparing to the archers in the back who I expect on 32mm and bases look way smaller (optics for distance aside)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Good call, I didn’t see him there. I was comparing to the archers in the back who I expect on 32mm and bases look way smaller (optics for distance aside)

That said, I can still see them being super elite rather than chaos warrior equivalents - three wounds each. The underworlds one even hit on twos (though sometimes they are pretty different to their normal counterparts) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That image is not a real scene, is cheap photoshop making all units together, you can easily tell by Glutos perspective, his base is way off respective to the others. So it may be that no real base size comparison can be seen there. Myrmidesh may be on 32 and still be really elite, i think they will be more similar to chosen than regular chaos warriors, otherwise they would be sold in boxes of 10. They surely will have 4+ save and some kind of special defense from the shield. They aren't battleline like the chaos warriors so they can punch a little above their points, probably having rend. Symbaresh will lack the defensive special rules but will hit way harder.

I hope Fiends get some love. It seems like daemons will not be drastically changed, but small changes like depravity system or point cost of units would greatly help the daemon size. Something as small as having -2 rend in the tails or having the -1 to hit and -1 to wound always active and not only in units of 6 models may probably save Fiends. Most heroes are 10 to 20 points overcosted to cover their Depravity generation, if Depravity change i can see most of them going down 10 or 20 points. Viceleaders, Enrapturess, The Mask, Bladebringers on regular chariots, all of them need to be 20 points cheaper to compete with the heroes of other armies that do similar things. That may change with the new spells tho, specially if they reworks the spell on Viceleaders and Bladebringers to something more useful.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2021 at 9:17 PM, LeonBox said:

Sounds like Glutos is getting some sort of Idoneth-esque tide feature where his abilities change depending on what turn it is. 

Will this be based on a 5-course meal perhaps? Hors deuves to sweetmeats?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Myrmidesh look to be $105 AUD, the Slickblades around $120, and the archers and Sigvald around the $80-90 mark. I figured I'd be dropping a couple hundred quid just for the stuff I wanted (which, given how much is coming out, really isn't that much) but if those prices ring out, I'll end up dropping upwards of $700 on pre-order day 😬 Gonna be some hard choices to make, methinks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neffelo said:

Oh, did you find some updated pricing that's diffrent from the other page? 

Yes, but that’s all I’m comfortable sharing for specifics. I’ve already got my order in; the prices are basically the same as equivalent Luminoth stuff. Cav slightly more. 
 

im actually bummed, I was hoping Cav would be $50, Myrmadesh would be $35...no go. 

Edited by TimeToWaste85
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carnith said:

The prices on the other page are in pounds and not USD

Well Aware, thanks. 

 

13 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Yes, but that’s all I’m comfortable sharing for specifics. I’ve already got my order in; the prices are basically the same as equivalent Luminoth stuff. Cav slightly more. 
 

im actually bummed, I was hoping Cav would be $50, Myrmadesh would be $35...no go. 

That's fair. The cav being more expensive is a bit of a s uprise,

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

What rules preview are we hoping for today? Personally, I'm hoping for a look at allegiance abilities, but Glutos and Sigvald are a close second

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...