AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

I will post this here as well since this seems to be the start of the new thread.

Hello Everyone, 

I was hoping for some advice on a list I was looking at. I already play skaven so I am trying to keep the model count as low as possible but still want the army to be some what viable. I do not usually play in tournaments but would not be against it. So would this even be decent?

Shalaxi 340

Keeper 360

Keeper 360

Syll'Esske 200

Epitome 200

Seeker Chariot 120

Seeker Chariot 120

Seeker Chariot  120

Cogs 60

Supreme Sybarites 120

2000 pts total.

I figure I would pick up some chaff to summon in with depravity points some deamonettes or something of that nature. I was gifted a Keeper so now the temptation is too great lol. 

Edited by J3088
Mistyped points on sybarites

Currently considering the following two 2k lists for a tournament next month:

The first is a 7-drop with 6 heroes, generating CP solely off the Rod of Misrule:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Invaders Host
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Trait: Skin-taker 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
Syll'Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance (200)
- Host Option: General (Invaders Host)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Lash of Slaanesh
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule 
The Masque (120)
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

Battleline
30 x Daemonettes (300)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Battalions
Epicurean Revellers (180)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 100

and the 2-drop variant, with 2 battalions and Supreme Sybarites as a source of CPs.

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Lore of Slaanesh: Lash of Slaanesh
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)
- Artefact: Whip of Subversion 
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

Battleline
30 x Daemonettes (300)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Battalions
Epicurean Revellers (180)
Supreme Sybarites (120)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 95

I'm also considering the following Depraved Drone-based build, but I don't have that many Ungors painted and... well, I don't think I can get everything done to a standard I'm comfortable with by the Tournament.

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
Beastlord of Slaanesh (90)
- Artefact: Icon of Infinite Excess 

Battleline
10 x Ungors of Slaanesh (60)

Units
30 x Bestigors of Slaanesh (300)

Battalions
Depraved Drove (150)
Supreme Sybarites (120)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 107

Effectively, the first has The Masque as a unit to harass enemy support heroes. Cavalry speed (10"+D6) and low profile (25 mm) lets The Masque squeeze around the edges of enemy lines to hit a priest/wizard/sniper unit, and those typically have 5" movement. Of course, the points are wasted if the opponent lacks any such units, but those are units that Slaanesh would have trouble reaching/dealing with. Admittedly overlaps a little with the role of the Infernal Enrapturess (24" sniper?) but The Masque is a little more tanky and less troubled by line of sight shenanigans.

The second drops The Masque in favour of a Supreme Sybarites Battalion, giving me a 2-drop army (effectively guaranteeing I get choice against most armies), which is essential against stuff like DoK, which is almost guaranteed to appear (there's a regular at that particular FLGS that pulls out his DoK for tournaments). Also, it gives me a third artefact (Whip of Subversion, though this is of course subject to change).

All my Slaanesh lists run Cogs, mostly for the +2 run/charge bonus, though the additional spell might be used at some points? The bonus is there to more than double the chance summoned units get into battle the turn they're summoned, of course (27.8% to roll a 9+, 58.3% to roll a 7+). 

Skintaker and Sinistrous Hand give the Keepers some pretty ridiculous staying power, especially coupled with both Born of Damnation and Progeny of Damnation. 

So: What do you guys think? Any opinions on which list to run, artefacts to change, etc?

I've been cranking out lists for a while now and I think whichever list I take will have 2x Keepers.  They're IMO the best choice when it comes to staying around combined with killing power, plus their array of spells and command abilities are great.  While I think some people have put forth good explanations why they would like 3, I'm not so sure because then the lists get skinny.

For Battleline, I'm really leaning towards 30x Daemonettes and 2x5 Hellstriders as a solid all-around, but I can definitely see 2x30 and 5x Hellstriders if you're running Epicurean Revellers.

I see that some people say that Fiends are bad.  I'm not so sure on that statement mainly because 420 for 6 gives you a very solid unit that poses a threat to everything in the game, especially multi-wound units.  With double-strike and ASF from a Keeper nearby, that pretty much spells instant death for any monster in the game.  Not that the Keeper needs that much help doing it itself.

1 hour ago, HERO said:

I've been cranking out lists for a while now and I think whichever list I take will have 2x Keepers.  They're IMO the best choice when it comes to staying around combined with killing power, plus their array of spells and command abilities are great.  While I think some people have put forth good explanations why they would like 3, I'm not so sure because then the lists get skinny.

For Battleline, I'm really leaning towards 30x Daemonettes and 2x5 Hellstriders as a solid all-around, but I can definitely see 2x30 and 5x Hellstriders if you're running Epicurean Revellers.

I see that some people say that Fiends are bad.  I'm not so sure on that statement mainly because 420 for 6 gives you a very solid unit that poses a threat to everything in the game, especially multi-wound units.  With double-strike and ASF from a Keeper nearby, that pretty much spells instant death for any monster in the game.  Not that the Keeper needs that much help doing it itself.

I think the reason people are calling Fiends bad is that they work best against multi-wound units... but don't generate depravity points. We want our heroes killing those multi-wound units, not our units; we want our units killing hordes and chaff. Fiends are anti-synergistic with one of our primary mechanics.

The other is that fiends are at the 210 price point which is fair for what they are, but competes with several heroes in the same price slot.

I like how GW has limited how Slaanesh can generate depravity points, but I worry that in a bid to avoid having everything generate them they've gone a touch too far to the point where Slaanesh armies are all generals no troops. I wonder if a subtle shift such as allowing the whole army to generate depravity points on wounds caused, but not kills; would even the score. That would still make heroes great to use, but it would at least make troops and regular units more viable to take and balance out the heavy offset in taking more leaders. 

• Like 1

Godseekers 

Keeper of Secrets
- Speed chaser
- Cameo of the Dark Prince
- Sinistrous hand 
- Progeny of Damnation 

Keeper of Secrets 
- Thredony Voicebox 
- Sinistrous Hand 
- Slothful Stupour 

Keeper of Secrets 
- Sinistrous Hand 
- Song of Secrets 

Contorted Epitome 
- Hysterical Frenzy 

Viceleader 
- Lash of Slaanesh

Hellstriders 
- Clawspears 

Hellstriders 
- Clawspears 

Hellstriders 
- Clawspears 

Supreme Sybarites 

Chronomatic Cogs 
Mesmerising Mirror

Just messing around at the moment, but what do people think of this list? Low on troops, I know, but I hope the hellstriders will stay and hold while the rest of the army kills and summons. 

58 minutes ago, Enoby said:

*Snip*

I've also had the idea of having the bare minimum troops and just summoning in the rest. My main concern is that this essentially leaves our heroes almost completely exposed until we can get stuff summoned in, giving opponents a chance to stop us before we get into the swing of things.

Just now, Primique said:

I've also had the idea of having the bare minimum troops and just summoning in the rest. My main concern is that this essentially leaves our heroes almost completely exposed until we can get stuff summoned in, giving opponents a chance to stop us before we get into the swing of things.

Yeah, that's the biggest issue. I guess that's why I built for the first turn charge if it'd be useful - if we can take out the threats before they take out us then we can probably tip the balance of the battle massively.   

I still don’t get the argument of fiends bad cause no depravity when they were taken before our book dropped which only added mortal wounds to how we generate depravity points. 

Either way, I can see the merit of going 6 leaders and trying max out how much we can summon, though I see most people resummoning heroes for more depravity. I can see the exalted chariot herald being popular for this ability to do 2d3 mortal wounds on whatever he charges. Granted no depravity there, but to knock down a hero or into a touch squad like hearthguard, the extra mortals is nice

Godseekers

KoS-360

-run and charge

-thermal rider cloak

Herald on Exalted Chariot-220

Herald on Exalted Chariot-220

Epitome-200

-Enrapturing Circlet

Syll-Esske-200

30 daemonettes-300

20 daemonettes-220

5 chaos warriors

Supreme Sybarites-120

cogs-60

Played against FeC using double terrorgheist bomb with the cloak that keeps me from attacking one right away. Came into an odd question, if I make that terrorgheist fight last and he pops the cloak I never get to swing on it, correct?

Other than that, he turn 1 charged me with both terrorgheists into my 30 daemonettes screen near a herald. Flopped my 4+ to make it fight last, he popped the cloak for some reason. Double activates to destroy the daemonette blob and put some wounds on the chariot behind. Chariot puts about 6 wounds on 1 geist. My turn 1 is the keeper moving over to fight the geists and resummoning my 30 blob of daemonettes in range of the fane to charge a 20 man blob of ghouls. There is also some outside skirmishing done by our stuff but it's mostly in my favor even on his T1 where i flopped my 4+ rolls. 

Positioned my epitome so it can hit both gheists and the ghoul squad. Every single one of his units fights last  on my turn 1 combat. Keeper kills one gheist almost just off of the claws. Chariot puts wounds on both gheists with soulscent and finishes off the other. All the other skirmishes result in my opponents units being destroyed entirely. This leaves him with 3 small heroes in his backfield and a 10 man ghoul squad. Opponent concedes turn one.

Pretty happy with the result.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Belmail said:

*snip*

How did you feel we played? Would you say we seemed more powerful than before? Just I've noticed a few people say that we seem weaker than before, but I don't really see why that's the case.

As a pure Seekers/Godseekers player I am feeling the loss of the extra movement from running and charging. I liked running chaos knights and having them fly up the board as I prefer the look of mortals to daemonette spam tbh, maybe it's just a variety thing, i'm not too sure. But I think we are very very strong. 

Layer up your loci and have epitome mixed in as well can disrupt your opponent so badly that sometimes you just win the game off of it. It now feels more like a positioning and finesse army, and as slaanesh it should be. We are now grinders in melee with the buff to herald on chariot and new keepers but very squishy to counter swings. Keep your loci layered and don't leave your big targets alone to get double teamed. 

Honestly I'm not sure what is a bad matchup for us other than a pure shooty list that starts on their board edge, ect. And gristlegore but with decent screens you don't really have to care about them. Let them eat your chaff and then resummon it later. 

Strong? Very. Difficult? Yessss. If your opponent gets to play around your loci because of bad positioning you just lose. For getting very little in terms of new production models I'd say we're a contender for any top table/list right now.

• Like 1

My attempt at a Godseekers list, mainly stuff I already have:

Godseekers

Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220) 

Syll'Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance (200)

The Masque (120)

Keeper of Secrets (360) General - Command Trait : Speed-chaser - Artefact : Enrapturing Circlet

The Contorted Epitome (200) 

1 x Seeker Chariots (120) 

1 x Seeker Chariots (120)

20 x Daemonettes (220)

5 x Seekers (120) 

5 x Seekers (120) 

Seeker Cavalcade (140)

Mesmerising Mirror (60)

2000 points, 97 wounds

Just now, Belmail said:

So I see a lot of people taking Supreme Sybarites in a pretenders army. What's the point of this beside the usual battalion benefit? You'd have to roll a 1 to generate a command point right?

I reckon it's just for the extra artefact and cp; it's like buying an artifact for 70pts, which could be worth it. 

As ebony said, it’s buying an artifact for 70 points. There was a list in the hosts thread that was 3 keepers in a pretenders list with 2 supreme battalions just for artifacts. Can be done in pretenders easily as you can run light on heroes for the artifact. 

It looks like 3 "primary" Keeper builds have evolved thus far:

-Invaders Tank - Skin Taker, Sinistrous Hand, Progeny of Damnation, <Insert Choice of Defensive Artifact>
-Pretenders Combat Monster - (Pick 2) - Strength from Godhood, Hunter of Godbeasts, Strongest Alone, Silverslash
-Godseekers Acrobat - Speed-chaser, Thermal Rider Cloak

I'm curious what other set ups people have tried, how they've worked, and waht other 'arch-typical builds' you think there are.  

32 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

-Invaders Tank - Skin Taker, Sinistrous Hand, Progeny of Damnation, <Insert Choice of Defensive Artifact>
-Pretenders Combat Monster - (Pick 2) - Strength from Godhood, Hunter of Godbeasts, Strongest Alone, Silverslash

I'm curious what other set ups people have tried, how they've worked, and waht other 'arch-typical builds' you think there are.  

Pretenders with thermal rider cloak for one of the keepers may not be a bad idea. Then you use terrain piece for reroll hits and then potentially land in his back line. Take out the backline support pieces.

Seems people think hordes are the best way do deal with slaanesh to screen us out. Apparently they believe we lack the out put to deal with large block. The other thing is there is a belief by IDK we lack ability to deal with ishlan gaurd the defensive eels. They think we lack volume of attacks or mortal wound out put. 

1 hour ago, SwampHeart said:

I tried a mix in my godseeker list last night. Sinistrous hand, Progeny of Damnation, Thermal Rider cloak and Speed-Chaser. the 2d3 wounds kept him up and the retreat and charge with fly let me run away from things that could reliably kill me in one turn while getting to the juicy stuff i wanted.