The Painting Contract - March 2019

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for March 2019!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t manage my February goal as the eels were a massive ask. This month I will get that monkey off my back and 

1 finish the 6 eels for my idoneth

2 paint Nitch’a squad From Rogue Trader

3 paint knight evocator

4 prime and start 10 thralls

So, I am in a bit of a bind for this months challenge. My mixed orruk collection is progressing well, with the to do list getting less. To complete:

5 Brutez

5 Ard Boyz

3 Gruntaz

Weirdnob Shaman

30 odd boyz

Ironskulls boyz

1 Chariot

Obviously that is too much for one month, so I am open to suggestions. I am thinking the chariot and Ironskullz Boyz, with a stretch of the Weirdnob, but part of me thinks taking a chunk out of those 30 boyz would be a good idea as well... 

Thoughts?

Goals:
Abhorrant Archregent
Converted Ghast Courtier
FEC Endless Spells
Charnel Throne
Convert wings of one of my varghulfs

Also, finish my "1st wave" of FEC and take some pictures of them 

Spoiler

It consists of: 
50 ghouls done, not based
6 horrors, some highlithing left, not based
6 flayers , basecoated
GKoTG, done, not based
GKoZD, basecoated
2 Varghulfs, basecoated
Haunter Courtier, basecoated
Infernal Courtier, basecoated

Stretch goals:
40 ghouls 
Finish a very bizzare HPA that I slowly paint for my friend

So for me I'm finally getting more specific and making a dent in the backlog:
1. Paint Khemist (finishing up everything KO)
2. Warpfire Thrower, Ratling gun, 5 giant rats, 3 packmasters and 2 warplightning crew.

3. Reward convert-paint Rat Ogor

Stretch:
1. 11 Rat mix of clanrats, stormvermin, gutter runner

2. Reward convert-paint Thanquol and Boneripper. Will be a lot of work to let the old skool models be as impressive as the new, but I got them thoughts! 

40 minutes ago, kaaras said:

So, I am in a bit of a bind for this months challenge. My mixed orruk collection is progressing well, with the to do list getting less. To complete:

5 Brutez

5 Ard Boyz

3 Gruntaz

Weirdnob Shaman

30 odd boyz

Ironskulls boyz

1 Chariot

Obviously that is too much for one month, so I am open to suggestions. I am thinking the chariot and Ironskullz Boyz, with a stretch of the Weirdnob, but part of me thinks taking a chunk out of those 30 boyz would be a good idea as well... 

Thoughts?

I would be tempted to mix the boyz in with the other items and e.g. for every 10 boyz you paint then paint a leader as a reward. Otherwise you may risk painting all the ‘fun’ models and then be left with the border staring at you, which could be demotivating.

I ended up doing my january goal in february. I have my 3 sequitors and castigators painted, so I want to finish my starter force. This month I pledge :

-1 gryphound

-1 knight incantor

I have other hobby projects but if I finish early I’ll add this stretch goal :

-1 small unit of brettonian archers

Hello y'all,

for my comeback to the hobby after about fifteen years of not touching it, I will pledge to:

• assemble and paint 20 Dispossessed warriors

Failing to do so, I will giveaway a unit of 3 (incomplete)  Bretonnian Pegasus Knights to a more serious committer on this topic, given that:

1. He has finished his own pledge
  2. He pays shipping fees

As a reward, I may either:

• Paint a drunken quarreller
  • Try to sculpt a standard with green stuff
  • Make some contraption with various bits

Hi all, first time pledge on here.

My goals this month are the following:

• 24 Squig Herd fully painted
  • Convert a second Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (from the mangler kit fitting on a 50mm base)
  • Tidy up the conversion of my first LoGCS (same as above)

If I meet my goal before month's end I'll build some Boingrot Bounderz.

My pledge for this month consists of painting another 20Stormvermina battleready.

as a stretch I’d would finish of another 40plague monks, 10Gors, a Ghorgon and last but not least a great beta shaman.

should there still be some time left, I would consider painting a warlock bombardier and build a second one with some left over parts.

Hello everybody,

Nice to see a lot of pledges already! Good luck to all, for me i pledge to finish my 24 marauders from Febuari. Next to that a stretch goal of another 24 of these guys...

Would be nice to have all of these marauders finally painted. Bringing it up to a total of 150 marauders. For now let the painting gods be with us 😋IMG_20190227_162719.jpg.08c7d645164c6f8c54a532e240af71f7.jpg

Greetings,

Zoinkboy

IMG_20190227_162734.jpg

2 hours ago, raaaahman said:

Hello y'all,

for my comeback to the hobby after about fifteen years of not touching it, I will pledge to:

• assemble and paint 20 Dispossessed warriors

Failing to do so, I will giveaway a unit of 3 (incomplete)  Bretonnian Pegasus Knights to a more serious committer on this topic, given that:

1. He has finished his own pledge
  2. He pays shipping fees

As a reward, I may either:

• Paint a drunken quarreller
  • Try to sculpt a standard with green stuff
  • Make some contraption with various bits

I really like that thought. Might even add a £10 donation to the site as a stick behind the door to my own pledge. 🤔

Wow! This is awesome!

Ive been completely unmotivated ... but ...

22 hours ago, flemingmma said:

I will paint  at least 1 model

I’ll join you in that pledge.

I will paint one model for March.

Stretch goal is to assemble the Mistweaver from WHQ silver tower.

Well, I failed last month - I got my Chaos Knights basecoated but didn't get any further than that. I blame Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Aaaanyway, this month I'm taking a break from Khorne to paint the Darkoath Shadespire warband! I've been looking forward to them for ages.

@TheWilddog I believe you are taking the FEC lore to the core and kitbashing them with Necromunda's Cawdor gang... If I'm right I'm pretty interested by what you'll made out of them. Also, I'd see them whith more rubble/decay themed bases...

On 3/1/2019 at 1:29 PM, Kramer said:

I really like that thought. Might even add a £10 donation to the site as a stick behind the door to my own pledge. 🤔

Neat, I'll thought about it once my painting backlog has become manageable. :)

Archived