AoS Xmas Battleforce Box theories

11 hours ago, izirath said:

Noticed both Host of Slaanesh battleforce and Hammerhal, Avilgard and Tempest eye are gone from store. Too bad I was thinking about picking up the host of Slaanesh one. Hope we get a new one! 

I don't think HoS had a battleforce box - just a 'Host of Slaanesh Army' which I think was a bundle buy rather than a saving, so you didn't miss out on much :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just going to have a random guest for fun as to what the box sets will be.

Age of Sigmar - Idoneth (confirmed), Stormcast, Beastman, nighthaunt, Maggotkin

40k - Death Guard (confirmed), Ultramarines (primaris), Tyranids, Craftworlds, Necrons

All I know is that I would like to know soon.  I am eyeing a Start Collecting Malignants box as well as the smaller version for Skirmish.  I also want another Crawlock (since the 3-pack is the only darn way to get another Torment --- grrr). They are all at a fair discount, but if there is a Nighthaunt Xmas box coming with hosts and a torment, I need to know! 

Well, "need" is a bit strong, but I'm sure you catch my drift.

On 10/26/2018 at 11:28 PM, JackStreicher said:

2x Reavers, 2x Allopex, 1 thralls and Lotann plus Soulreaver ?

seriuosly bow:

1x Eel, 1 Eidolon, 2 Reavers, 1 Allopex

(my guess)

for DoK:

Cauldron, 2 Melusai, 2 Witches, 1-2 Khinerai

You came so damned close on the Idoneth one! Prophet. 

14 hours ago, Enoby said:

I don't think HoS had a battleforce box - just a 'Host of Slaanesh Army' which I think was a bundle buy rather than a saving, so you didn't miss out on much :)

Doe! Yeah that's right my bad, good thing I haven't missed out on anything then!

Daughters of Khaine, Idoneth, Seraphon and Slaves to Darkness.

For 40k: Necrons, Imperial Fists, Admech, Eldar and Space Marines.

DoK looks like a Throne thingy, 2 units of winged chicks, 1 unit of snake chicks, 1 unit of Witch Aelves and a Hag(?).

StD is a Godsworn Warband, Lord on Manticore, Warshrine, 16-20 Warriors, 5-10 Knights and a chariot. Might be something else, hard to tell.

Interesting, so this means theres only 4 AoS boxes? The leak shows 9 boxes and doesn't show the confirmed Death Guard box.

41 minutes ago, MeridarchGekkota said:

Of course there's two separate marine boxes.

I think they're telling me to buy both and start a Imperial Fist army (or Crimson Fists!)

On 10/28/2018 at 10:24 PM, PJetski said:

Given the amount of attention they gave AOS this year it's possible that it's a 6/4 battleforce split instead of a 5/5.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:45 AM, PJetski said:

I think Seraphon may be getting a battleforce. There's a new battletome on the way some time in 2019 (they stopped selling the old one a few weeks ago) and they have a huge range of expensive plastic kits.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:53 AM, PJetski said:

I actually don't think we are getting a Stormcast box. We didn't get a Primaris or Death Guard box last year - it was too soon after the new edition.

3 for 3 on my predictions!

9 minutes ago, Lior'Lec said:

Can someone with better eyes tell what comes in the Slaves battleforce? Looks like Lord on Minotaur and a Chaos Shrine (both of which are on my list of items to buy) but what else?

From what I could tell:

10 knights

16 warriors 

1 manicore 

1 warshrine

1 gorebeast chariot   

Hmm... that makes it much harder. I want both the Shrine and the Chaos Lord on Manticore which is together $112 but already have 3 Chariots, 10 knights, and 20 warriors.

Didn’t want more chariots or Knights, and while I wanted more warriors I was gonna kitbash some blood warriors for a different look to them... Decisions decisions...

7 hours ago, tea_wild_owl said:

single unit prices and sum (in $) for each box. looks like seraphon is the best deal

IMG-20181105-WA0000.jpg

Based on ¥23,000, boxes will be priced at the same $170/£100/€130 as last year.

A few other notes:

Cauldron/Bloodwrack Shrine  comes with a Medusa/Avatar of , whichever you don’t build on the behemoth.

Carnosaur Box has an option for a Scar Vet on foot (he’s the big pink thing on the left)

I predict we will also see a Start Collecting with a Leviadon in it sometime next year.

32 minutes ago, SuperHappyTime said:

A few other notes:

Cauldron/Bloodwrack Shrine  comes with a Medusa/Avatar of , whichever you don’t build on the behemoth.

Carnosaur Box has an option for a Scar Vet on foot (he’s the big pink thing on the left)

I predict we will also see a Start Collecting with a Leviadon in it sometime next year.

I think it will be an Akhelian King, not a Leviadon

30 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I think it will be an Akhelian King, not a Leviadon

Yeah, I agree. A single Leviadon costs 90€, way too much for a box that will only cost 65€. A Akhelian King is way more likely. Especially when compared to other SC! sets like the Kharadron one or the Fyreslayers box. 

1 hour ago, SuperHappyTime said:

A few other notes:

I think this is also not really accurate because there really is no Carnosaur Box.  If you pay $85 at GW they send you a Start Collecting Seraphon box, which will have 12 warriors and 8 knights.  Also there is no Scar Vet on Foot, you can do SV on Carno and OB on foot though. 
Terradon Kits are super expensive, $120 for 280pts worth of models is like witch aelves bad. 
So, $320 value is a bit misleading, you don't get a ton of plastic for the money, it's about the same value as an SC box.   If is an ok deal if you are starting seraphon from scratch, but doesn't include any of the most popular/required  units right now (Slann, EoTG,  Astrolith Bearer) 

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Yeah, I agree. A single Leviadon costs 90€, way too much for a box that will only cost 65€. A Akhelian King is way more likely. Especially when compared to other SC! sets like the Kharadron one or the Fyreslayers box. 

King is more likely. But it’s funny you brought up Fyreslayers SC, because there is a Magmadroth in it, which was originally $110.

41 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I think this is also not really accurate because there really is no Carnosaur Box.  If you pay $85 at GW they send you a Start Collecting Seraphon box, which will have 12 warriors and 8 knights.  Also there is no Scar Vet on Foot, you can do SV on Carno and OB on foot though. 
Terradon Kits are super expensive, $120 for 280pts worth of models is like witch aelves bad. 
So, $320 value is a bit misleading, you don't get a ton of plastic for the money, it's about the same value as an SC box.   If is an ok deal if you are starting seraphon from scratch, but doesn't include any of the most popular/required  units right now (Slann, EoTG,  Astrolith Bearer) 

I knew one of them were on foot :D

Also, yes, the Start Collecting Box May be a better starting point for newer/budget players.

Archived