AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Yeah, I dont think Arkanauts need a 4+ save or 2 wounds. Some rend on their pistols and another attack with their cutlas is enough in my opinion. 

We arent a tanky army like the other duardin, and we dont have to be. Our ships could be better (Id like to see Ironclads with a 3+, Frigats with a 4+ and Gunhaulers can stay at 5+) but our infantry feels right. 

Making the deep strike Barak-Zilfin artefact a regular equipment option would go a long way making ships more useful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are a lot of options to make arkanauts a bit more fun to play.  Give them an "attack first" if they charged after disembarking (pirate boarding!!!),  +1 to save in combat (swashbuckling skills) or an overwatch-style free attack if they are charged. 

I mean, everything is welcome if we stay away from our "40arkanaut blob" strategy.

• LOVE IT! 1

Various buffs to company and ships would all be nice. But the single main change I hope to see is disembark at the end of the movement phase. There are now a few set ups at the end of movement phase. So I'm cautiously optimistic. It's not like you can't do the same thing with soul scream Bridge in other armies. Doing that would open up so much more functionality for both ships and company outside of deep strike. Perhaps more importantly it would help the army play in a way which feels right. 

• Like 3

I hope it's a bit more than 1 or 2 tweaks.

I'm talking about how our special weapons work. Anything that gave us an alternative gameplay than 12 skyhooks or 9-12 saws  and new synergies than our khemists buffing those weapons, IMO it's a good step in the right direction.

And if we play a bit more like our lore, better!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I hope it's a bit more than 1 or 2 tweaks.

I'm talking about how our special weapons work. Anything that gave us an alternative gameplay than 12 skyhooks or 9-12 saws  and new synergies than our khemists buffing those weapons, IMO it's a good step in the right direction.

And if we play a bit more like our lore, better!!

It's less about how our Special weapons, and more about how Khemists work.  

Personally, I would love to see Aetheric Augmentation go away, and replaced with an equally useful ability - but one that doesn't encourage horde army tactics (ie - 40 Arkhanaughts with Sky Hooks)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

I'm with you man... It's looks like a bad joke right now.

Thats a bit drastic dont you think? Yeah we probably all like fancy dice or other stuff but lets be honest, dice are dice and thats it.

I just care for the content of the tome (lore, artworks and most important: RULES).

I would have bought anything they release but I have more than enough dice at home. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phasteon said:

Thats a bit drastic dont you think? Yeah we probably all like fancy dice or other stuff but lets be honest, dice are dice and thats it.

I just care for the content of the tome (lore, artworks and most important: RULES).

I would have bought anything they release but I have more than enough dice at home. 

For me it's more about: "how interesting KO for GW?" And apparently not interesting at all... so our faction probably will be the last for any new editions and models.

For me it's clear that GW only cares about Chaos, Death and some order factions (SE, Sylvaneth, Fyreslayers). What about Destruction players? Only 3 (4 as much) books, 1 book with both 2.0 new things (scenary and endless spells), another book with half of it and the last book with nothing. Not only nothing but also no new models and/or updated models.

I feel myself as a joke for GW.

• Like 1