AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Anyway, in previev they said everything is getting retouched so with some sneaked point cost like Judicators costing 200 pts i trully belive we finally will be elite army. 

Also with new Lord Commander (FINALLY)x(Poor Vandus) im so super hyped! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

A Lord Commander actually having a model is like, really big lorewise. They lead the ENTIRE Stormhost, so the Hammers having one of them really ups their stock.

I wonder if he's on a 50mm base. You know, like Gardus . . . ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am really sorry. I just can’t understand why people are happy? Again new foot troops? Again a new shooting unit? WE HAVE PLENTY AlREADY. Just give them proper rules. 

i actually just sold all my Stormcast and try to go with another army. The process of reforging casts that are barley 3 years old is not a way I want to support. I really can’t understand GW strategy here. 

sorry…

• Like 8
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, rosa said:

I am really sorry. I just can’t understand why people are happy? Again new foot troops? Again a new shooting unit? WE HAVE PLENTY AlREADY. Just give them proper rules. 

i actually just sold all my Stormcast and try to go with another army. The process of reforging casts that are barley 3 years old is not a way I want to support. I really can’t understand GW strategy here. 

sorry…

Seems like GW failed to force stormcast into the role as fantasy space marines (as far as popularity and sales are concerned) and then smacked themselves on the forehead and said oh right silly us people want PRIMARIS stormcast!

Sure these look way better than the originals but I won't be buying any even though I like them because like you said. I'm not gonna support making new versions of 3 year old models while other armies still have finecast older than I am...

• Like 2

I can see why old hands might be annoyed with the direction that the new models are taking, but for new(er) people like me who came in with AOS 2.0 these new models are a godsend. That original wave of Stormcast never appealed to me so I'm looking forward to getting better looking (imo) troops that fill similar niches to compliment my Sacrosanct. The vigilors in particular I think are a tremendous improvement over the old judicators, and the vanquishers just look absolutely sick. Keeping the robes will really help tie them together with the Sacrosanct as well, which I appreciate.

One caveat I think I'm seeing with these Thunderstrike Stormcast is that they don't seem to have any special weapons interspersed within their units like the older ones do. I think that consideration might have to be made for the extra striking power that liberators and sequitors have with their grandhammers and greatmaces or judicators have with the special prime weapons. Guess we'll see with the new battletome how they all fit together.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, Kaptinskaggy said:

I can see why old hands might be annoyed with the direction that the new models are taking, but for new(er) people like me who came in with AOS 2.0 these new models are a godsend. That original wave of Stormcast never appealed to me so I'm looking forward to getting better looking (imo) troops that fill similar niches to compliment my Sacrosanct. The vigilors in particular I think are a tremendous improvement over the old judicators, and the vanquishers just look absolutely sick. Keeping the robes will really help tie them together with the Sacrosanct as well, which I appreciate.

One caveat I think I'm seeing with these Thunderstrike Stormcast is that they don't seem to have any special weapons interspersed within their units like the older ones do. I think that consideration might have to be made for the extra striking power that liberators and sequitors have with their grandhammers and greatmaces or judicators have with the special prime weapons. Guess we'll see with the new battletome how they all fit together.

I like that they don’t have two weapon types interspersed - it speeds up gameplay not having to roll two different weapon profiles.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Seems like GW failed to force stormcast into the role as fantasy space marines (as far as popularity and sales are concerned) and then smacked themselves on the forehead and said oh right silly us people want PRIMARIS stormcast!

Sure these look way better than the originals but I won't be buying any even though I like them because like you said. I'm not gonna support making new versions of 3 year old models while other armies still have finecast older than I am...

2 hours ago, rosa said:

sorry…

Or more realistically the original SCE range was adapted from something else that it was originally intended for to meet the changing market/company strategy, subsequent releases were aligned to that original adapted design, and with time/technology GW can now do better and so take the opportunity to revitalise their flagship AoS line. You know, the one that is meant to go in all marketing and advertise the game to new players and show off the best of what GW is capable.

Take a moment and ask yourself if Liberators really fit that specification.

Take solace in the fact that GW aren’t immediately squatting old cast and move on.

• Like 6

Hey everyone, I am new to Stormcast jumping in with Dominion. I am really excited about this project and creating some angelic paladins to battle my forces of Chaos and Destruction. 

I had a Knight Incantor and five Sequitors which I purchased intending to make a Chaos Sorcerer Lord and some Chosen (originally just bought the paint set and decided to round out the unit), but I never got around to it. Then when Dominion was announced I realized they would make for a good jumping on point. I was thinking of adding a couple of ballistas and possibly a hero to round out 2000 points, but these new reveals were so cool I might hold off for a bit until the book is released and I can really plan out my list especially as the points are subject to change in fairly short order. 

I will say though that I really love the Vigolors and Bastian Carthalos... I might just have to find a way to include them in my list. I will be busy working on a small Beastclaw force but I will pop in here occasionally to ask dumb questions about Stormcast rules. 

• Like 1

I think the Thunderstrike units are meant to serve a similar role to Veteran units in Space Marine armies - similar to the baseline unit, only a bit more tough and elite. Ie, the Vigilors shown today and the new Chariot seems to be apart of the same conclave as the Judicators, and the Annihilators seem to be more evolved versions of the Paladin units. Heck, if the rumours - and my personal suspicions - end up being correct, the new Dragon cavalry unit will be an expansion to the Extremis chamber.

More infantry is boring as heck, especially in the same 5 man squads we've been getting for 5 years now

Knight-Relictor is literally just a space marine

Glad to see the Lord-Commander finally, too bad it's Hammers of Sigmar. There really should be more fanfare for a dude of this rank, it's like introducing a primarch for 40k

Vigilors look like Vanguard-Hunters 2.0. Hopefully their damage is actually good this time

Not surprised at all to see Annihilators with more weapon options in a full kit released after the starter kit. I am surprised they didn't do the same thing with Vindictors.

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 2

3x 5 Vidocators - 140 x3 
Andrasta - 300
Tauralon - 300
-general
- flaming weapon
- amulet of destiny
- Staunch Defender 
- Keen Clawed 
Important - 160
Azyros - 110
- Fury Brand 
Heraldor - 110 
Anihilators - 190 
4x Desolators - 410

Warlord Battalion 
Tauralon + Andrasta
Important, Azyros, Helardor 
Vindocators, Vindicators
----------
Vindicators
Desolators
Anihilators 

2x Artifact 
Strategists

My first and last roster on 3.0 with old ass battletome. No idea what im doing XD 

24 minutes ago, PJetski said:

More infantry is boring as heck, especially in the same 5 man squads we've been getting for 5 years now

Knight-Relictor is literally just a space marine

Glad to see the Lord-Commander finally, too bad it's Hammers of Sigmar. There really should be more fanfare for a dude of this rank, it's like introducing a primarch for 40k

Vigilors look like Vanguard-Hunters 2.0. Hopefully their damage is actually good this time

Not surprised at all to see Annihilators with more weapon options in a full kit released after the starter kit. I am surprised they didn't do the same thing with Vindictors.

Vindictors and vanquisher will be in one kit I think. 

4 hours ago, rosa said:

sorry…

why would you do that before our new tome is even out...? it sounds like you were ready to do this anyway regardless. everything so far keeps pointing to the fact that all the old kits are getting rules refreshes to bring them into proper synergy/stats.

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

I always remember WHFB having a more diverse player army spread than 40k, so I don't know why GW would expect the same Space Marine fad from AOS.. maybe they will replace the old kits in another 3 years but to me this IS all new stuff--sure it's more infantry and foot heroes but they have different kits and differing abilities to anything else. Vigilors might impede Hunters a bit but it all depends on how warscrolls and chamber abilities change.

and tbh, the new look/armor for Stormcast feels much better. I prefer the knightlier vibe a lot more than the chunky armor, even though Judicators are my favorite kit of the army.

is this too much Stormcast stuff? I would say yeah, especially considering the preview article said there'd be "more to come for Stormcast and Orruk Warclans" ... is this replacing old kits? No it's not and I am tired of people saying it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Hey everyone, I am new to Stormcast jumping in with Dominion. I am really excited about this project and creating some angelic paladins to battle my forces of Chaos and Destruction. 

I had a Knight Incantor and five Sequitors which I purchased intending to make a Chaos Sorcerer Lord and some Chosen (originally just bought the paint set and decided to round out the unit), but I never got around to it. Then when Dominion was announced I realized they would make for a good jumping on point. I was thinking of adding a couple of ballistas and possibly a hero to round out 2000 points, but these new reveals were so cool I might hold off for a bit until the book is released and I can really plan out my list especially as the points are subject to change in fairly short order. 

I will say though that I really love the Vigolors and Bastian Carthalos... I might just have to find a way to include them in my list. I will be busy working on a small Beastclaw force but I will pop in here occasionally to ask dumb questions about Stormcast rules. 

i would wait to buy full unit kits unless you find good secondhand deals.

priority heroes that will always be worth buying when you want to:
Lord Relictor (parted out from 1.0 boxes or bought secondhand)
Knight Incantor (parted out from Soul Wars or from the Getting Started mag)
Lord Castellant (direct GW or 3rd party)

• Thanks 1