AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

That was weird. Anyway, as I was tryig to say, what if Spire Tyrants go up for pre-order next weekend? It would be approriate that there would be an article on the Varanspire in the Community site.

Plus, we don't actually see Spire Tyrants on the leaked December release list, right?

Edited by Thalassic Monstrosity

I agree, Scions of Flame will likely be next year, along with those new Warcry monsters they previewed.  Hard to say about Spire Tyrants.....really thought we'd see them when they released a pic of the whole warband, but they weren't in the leaked release schedule.  Will have to wait and see!

36 minutes ago, calcysimon said:

It's useless to have a tome without a tons of warscrolls of models coming out 1 month later

It was. But now, with the keyword game, you can anticipate a faction by just bringing some unit with the keyword in the battletome (with of course, some bataillons, traits, artifacts , relics special rules, etc...) and then add some new  units later. In fact, if GW, (yes, big IF there) were smart, he should have done it for all factions, allowing each faction some extent without changing the battletome!

I'm hoping early January for spire tyrants and the warcry monsters.  It wouldnt surprise me if some of the data sheets are in the StD tome.  After all the war cry rules will be very different anyway.

I would love to see scions of flames around the same time frame I just doubt it.  

Depending on what the portents for the next weeks will be I think I will give them also a shot. Having at least 3 should be fine.

edit: News are up in the Rumours thread. Endless Spells seem to be some neat Spikey Bits which will look nicer on the table as on the picture I guess. Also, Marks of Chaos are confirmed to stay. Looks like there is an additional new Mark, calles "Absoluto" in spanish, which may mean unmarked.

Edited by Charleston

My wallet is sooooo ready.

I finished my 10 Chaos knights and warriors ages ago when we were the guys wishlisting and people were setting my expectations really low 😂😂

Now it's time to get hyped!

Also I noticed the wording of the warcry units as bloodspoil. So this is me being super hopeful that my 40 mauraders will not be squatted and still very usable. 

I might splash out and get my first limited edition codex bundle with the ES. Just to support the goodness of should I say Chaos!

The changes to the LoC are interesting. They removed the Conversion Rule, which is no supprise, as there were a lot of questions about what happens when you transform him into the DP or Spawn.

The Daemonic Blade rule will be mourned for as it was a funny little gamble and made the unit even more interesting.

In exchange the output remains solid, the mortal wounds look usefull and the new Command Ability, that allows to fight twice, makes the whole army already punch at a higher level.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 5:07 PM, FractalRain said:

Hard to say about Spire Tyrants.....really thought we'd see them when they released a pic of the whole warband, but they weren't in the leaked release schedule

I’m guessing January with the previewed beasts. I was sure they said we’d see them early in 2020.

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

The changes to the LoC are interesting. They removed the Conversion Rule, which is no supprise, as there were a lot of questions about what happens when you transform him into the DP or Spawn.

I wonder if that’s gone from the Eye of Chaos table too. At least now I don’t need to pick up a Deamon Prince model.

43 minutes ago, Túrbóbelja said:

But where is the flail? does that mean a new Lord on foot model in the future that has the option of a flail? 

I was suspecting they might upgrade the Exalted Charioteer from the chariot to a Chaos Lord on chariot, and have the foot version of him be able to be used as a single chaos lord with War Flail.

99120201051_ChaosChariot03.jpg

Edited by Infernalslayer
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Charleston said:

The Daemonic Blade rule will be mourned for as it was a funny little gamble and made the unit even more interesting.

In exchange the output remains solid, the mortal wounds look usefull and the new Command Ability, that allows to fight twice, makes the whole army already punch at a higher level.

I didnt see that information in the post.. where did you see that?