Heat 2 Results, Lists and Pics of Best Painted Army

Heat 2 Results

The top 3 were:

Interesting to see no Changehosts, or Fyreslayers at the event. 

Copies of the top 3 lists, the full results and pictures of the painting nominations are also here: https://aosshorts.com/age-of-sigmar-grand-tournament-heat-2-lists-and-results/

Danny Cashman swept all but one of the painting and sportsmanship awards.   You can see pictures of his great army here: https://aosshorts.com/army-showcase-danny-cashmans-kharadron-overlords/  and check out his Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_prince_of_crows/

Da15yonV4AAiRNv.jpg

Da15yooU0AAEmv-.jpg

Da15yorVAAEM4je.jpg

Da1oHTBWsAM2f_h.jpg

Da15yopVMAATAdA.jpg

59 minutes ago, Thanatos Ares said:

Hey folks, I finished 14th with my death list

CDD185BC-AA7E-463A-92A8-5898C59DD4AD.png

You! You played on the stream in Game 4?! I've been meaning to reach out to chat.

Well done on your performance and congratulations for making it to the final. 

I'll reach out via DM. I'm seeking your wisdom

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Would love to see the Archaon lists. I already have him, a Gaunt summoner and some skyfires. Have I accidentally stumbled into the new meta?

A recent meta shift with Archaon is including 2 Juggernaunts of Khorne. Archaon with his command ability lets them use their command ability, which in turn will make his Slayer of Kings on 4+'s instead of 6+'s

17 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

I'm not tournament-savvy; can someone explain why Direwolves are so popular atm?

Yes, they are practically the same profile as black knights for exactly half the points, and as they are 2 wounds each for 60pts they are better than 10 skeletons at 80pts and have a better move stat. Pts for pts best unit in the book

4 hours ago, MrCharisma said:

You! You played on the stream in Game 4?! I've been meaning to reach out to chat.

Well done on your performance and congratulations for making it to the final. 

I'll reach out via DM. I'm seeking your wisdom

Yeah live stream game was great fun, still not sure how I lost that game.....

10 hours ago, Antipodean7 said:

4. Archaon

5. Archaon in Disciples of Tzeentch list

6. Les Martin TM Stormcast (same list as 2nd)

Hopefully other people can help fill in the gaps / send me lists. 

I was 4 - Archaon Fatesworn Summoning List. It worked pretty well.

11 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

Thanks for posting this!

I figured Nurgle would start placing very high, but I'm surprised to still see a plain Stardrake list doing so well! Any information on how the top 20 or so fleshed out?

it's a list that does consistently well, or at least good enough against most of the lists. You just need to not being put against hardcounters (like a tzeentch changehost or skryre)

Not sure the Destruction total is entirely accurate - 1 + 2 + 5 = 8 ;)

Really nice to see that the Legions of Nagash book has really boosted the number of Death armies being run (though a bit crazy that most are being run as Grand Host).  A lot more Kharadron than I was expecting too.

3 hours ago, Galdenistal said:

Sad to see that Khorne was the least popular chaos god :(

Hoping the next generals handbook throws them a bone.

A skull to be more accurate ;)

3 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Does Orruks relate to Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz do you know?

Also, what's a "Goblin" haha! ;) 

Looking forward to your report @Nico, great result.

I assumed that was Moonclan.

6 hours ago, Thanatos Ares said:

Yeah live stream game was great fun, still not sure how I lost that game.....

Did you get those SWEET Warhammer TV dice??

4 hours ago, ledha said:

it's a list that does consistently well, or at least good enough against most of the lists. You just need to not being put against hardcounters (like a tzeentch changehost or skryre)

Is skryre a hard counter to nurgle? I suppose a mortal nurle list (such as a plagetouched warband) but I thought a nurgle demon list would be really strong against  them! As a mortal nurgle player... Im terrified of facing skryre. Chnagehost is simply a smile and nod (dog in burning pub sort of expression) and wait for the imminent result.

One a general note.. the player who placed first with that Nurgle list must be a GREAT tactician or several units I thought were bad/extremely points inefficient are the opposite because I cant re-call any Nurgle list that has sniffed the top of competetive events using Lord of afflictions and nurglings.   

Archived