Slaanesh Return - a theory/wish

With the new Tzeentch models getting their introduction via Silver Tower and with Hammerhal being a sorcerer's quest for Slaanesh... any one else think Slaanesh's reintroduction could happen in a new WHQ set?

It would be different from just a standard army release, but also sort of fall in line with the other AoS WHQ titles.

I'm sure by the end of the year we will have some slanesh news. For both settings.

And that meme that GW killed slanesh will finally end.

But I demand a fabulous dude with a majestic hair as an HQ for the faction.

That would be cool. It would also be a sign that GW are letting boxed games hold more weight in the lore. I hope that, whatever happens, her return is suitably excessive. Perhaps I'm being selfish (fittingly enough), but I'd love it if the Slaanesh release was huge (like Idoneth Deepkin size) rather than the relatively small Nurgle release. Out of all the Chaos Gods (perhaps out of all the armies), Slaanesh is the one that would benefit most from a redesign and refocus. 

3 hours ago, Sete said:

I'm sure by the end of the year we will have some slanesh news. For both settings.

And that meme that GW killed slanesh will finally end.

Just gotta get Sigvald out of that mirror somehow.

Also didn’t Morathi stealing extra souls start to loosen his bondage? Tipping the balance of his prison?

I cannot wait for Slaanesh to come back. Iam thinking they will look like elves, around the same time as they reveal who the secret Aeldari Slaanesh cult is.

8 hours ago, Mr. White said:

With the new Tzeentch models getting their introduction via Silver Tower and with Hammerhal being a sorcerer's quest for Slaanesh... any one else think Slaanesh's reintroduction could happen in a new WHQ set?

It would be different from just a standard army release, but also sort of fall in line with the other AoS WHQ titles.

I don't really think it'll be done through a boxed game like WHQ, and that's mainly because the freeing of Slaanesh IMO will be such a huge event.

Neither Silver Tower or Shadows Over Hammerhal have had huge narrative impact. Neither has Shadespire. These I guess are all side games, and I think it's unlikely that GW will drive large narrative events in these games, as they're not core to Age of Sigmar.

Ultimately, I think that the release of Slaanesh is unlikely to be caused by a few no-name adventurers. 

What would be cool is if they released a Slaanesh boxed game similar to Gorechosen. You have four heroes (all potentially new molds for a future release?) who have a choice: work to find an artifact that could save/locate their god, or kill your enemies to become the new Slaanesh. You take the rules based off the Allegiance ability. To be fair, I feel this would only work if they released the Slaanesh battletome with the God of Pleasure still locked up. However, those new models though B|

13 hours ago, Sete said:

If they become an entire army of vein master-swordsmen I will have an extremely hard time not losing all of my money.

Given that recent short story about the seekers warband, I've decided that new slaanesh will be a near-full cavalry army, mad max style. Total wishlisting, but Maggotkin is an elite army that works, so why not a full cavalry army next? ?

Even if it isn't, I may have to make a slaaneshi army like that anyway.

Not sure about WHQ but I wouldn't be surprised if the first new Slaanesh models we see are a Shadespire warband.

I would be sorry to see the serpentine aesthetic disappear though I think it might as that now sits quite strongly with Daughters of Khaine. On the other hand they are supposed to be channelling Slaanesh in terms of their appearance so who knows. The character art for Dechala the Denied one is one of my favourite pieces of B&W art from warhammer fantasy but I think she would look a bit too much like Morathi for us to see her return - sadly.

As others have said - though I think it was Vince Veturella who called it first on Warhammer Weekly - Some kind of big dudes wearing leather gear and riding crazy chariots in a mad max fury road style seems a likely direction for a new look to replace the boob snakes. 

Maybe they will blind side us completely though - I mean we have elves riding merry-go-round fish that float above the ground so anything is possible... :)

The slaanesh unbound campaign will be a monster.  It's going to echo through both AoS and 40k timelines.

Ironic if between Moerthighs, Malerion and ticklearse and tireiron they actually bring him back into the land of the living again through the soul snatching weightloss diet they're putting him under after feeding him up so much.

The great thing about it is that you can drip feed new models and lore in the meantime as perhaps his minions, both those we know and don't know about all coming out of his domain to aid in the search for him.

26 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

Ew, can we not? Slaanesh is easily the worst part of both AoS and 40k and the amount of chaos releases we've been getting make Stormcasts look like Tomb Kings.

LOL, what. OK, that's, like your opinion, and it's fine to have wrong options. But jokes aside, slaanesh right now is one of the best things in both systems, being the bane of the pointy ear factions, while at the same time being (partly) of their own making. And right now she is at a crossroad leading up to big events. 

9 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Ew, can we not? Slaanesh is easily the worst part of both AoS and 40k and the amount of chaos releases we've been getting make Stormcasts look like Tomb Kings.

I understand not liking a certain faction, but I don't think it's fair to group Chaos together and say they've had too many releases; that'd be like me saying that Order has made the rest of the game look like Bretonnia so please cut it out with the College Arcana releases. I think we can both agree that Beastmen aren't exactly getting all the love, so it'd be a little unfair to Beastmen players to say "I don't want you to get anything because Khorne and Tzeench got a load of stuff". 

While I don't agree with your opinion, I am curious about what you don't like about Slaanesh? Not that you need to justify yourself, I'm just curious. 

14 hours ago, BURF1 said:

You are basing your opinion on previous incarnations of Slaanesh. If you think GW, in this climate, are going to do 80s sexist BDSM Slaanesh, then you are huely mistaken.

they have systematically redone the 4 gods, giving them a much needed update. Remember, Order Vs Chaos is literally the story of GW games. You've had 2 Aelven races, a dwarf race, a big Death update with more to come, what more do you want?

On 12/04/2018 at 5:23 AM, BURF1 said:

"I don't like it, so everyone who does like it shouldn't be allowed to have it".

Archived