Lets Chat: Legions of Nagash

S133arcanite

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

How did you lose with that many skellies? ?

He just using Comet's Call to snipe all my heroes out and when I lost the Inspiring Presence the blob of 40 just simply flee from Battleshock after getting shot by his Big Dinosuars :P

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament

--------------------------------------

Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)

- General

- Lore of the Dead : Soul Harvest (Deathmages)

Necromancer (110)

- Lore of the Deathmages : Overwhelming Dread

Necromancer (110)

Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)

- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice

- Artefact : Wristbands of Black Gold

- Lore of the Vampires : Vile Transference

--------------------------------------

40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)

-Ancient Spears

10 x Dire Wolves (120)

10 x Dire Wolves (120)

Corpse Cart (80)

- Unholy Lodestone

Zombie Dragon (300)

Scenery:

Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000 Allies: 0 / 400 Leaders: 4/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 3/4 Artillery: 0/4 Wounds: 135

This is my take on a Sacrament list. Pretty standard, but I still need to decide on what to give my other Necromancer.

5 hours ago, Cargo Cult said:

Lots of the lists here exclude Grave Guard. Am I missing something - I think they look quite handy now?

They're better than they were, but they're still only barely better than regular skeletons while fully twice as much per wound.  More than twice as much, if you count hoard discounts.

9 hours ago, Cargo Cult said:

Lots of the lists here exclude Grave Guard. Am I missing something - I think they look quite handy now?

Grave Guard cost 80 per 5, max unit of 30.

Skeletons cost 80 per 10, max unit of 40.

So it takes 4 sets of skeletons, or 6 sets of Grave Guard to reach the max size and get the point reduction, aka that's when the unit becomes efficient.

Add on to that that Skeleton can fill your battleline requirement while GG only do that in Grand Host of Nagash lists.

And like Sception said, GG costs double the pts per would (and more like 2.2x if you count the reduced skeleton cost for max unit) and they are only slightly more offensive.

They have all of the downsides of skeletons without much extra upside, and they come at a way less efficient price. 

12 hours ago, FouZe said:

Hi Guy,
I just got toasted by Lord Kroak  Comet's Call spell and Celestial Deliverance on Balewind, I'm using Sacrament battalion but cannot get within range to unbind fast enough before Kroak just sniped all my Necromancer and Vampire lord off the board with Comet's Call. (even if I get close enough if I failed to unbind Celestial Deliverance it would still be very devastaed to my army) and if he get double turn then all of my heros are done for. 

Undead Minions from necromancers for 4+ cannot save both of them much.

He also using 30 skinks to screen Kroak and Thunderquake starhost with all the beast to just shoot my Arkhan off the board very easily.

Do you guy have any experienced on facing Lord Kroak or any suggestion to deal with his magic or this kind of list?

BTW this is my list
Lord of Sacrament batalion with 40k skeletons, 2 units of 5 Wolfs and 2 units of Morghast

Thank you

kroak.jpg

Is he casting Celestial Deliverance more than once?..because in matched play you can only do it once per turn.

Allegiance: Death
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (800)
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
2 x Morghast Archai (220)
5 x Black Knights (120)
5 x Black Knights (120)
The First Cohort (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000

So this list is illegal? ? 

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Allegiance: Death
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (800)
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
2 x Morghast Archai (220)
5 x Black Knights (120)
5 x Black Knights (120)
The First Cohort (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000

So this list is illegal? ? 

If you are playing grandhost as allegience it wouldnt be since nagash as general make morghasts battleline

FAQ is pretty great all around. The Deathmarch nerf is pretty crappy, but aside from that I see nothing that went poorly. First Cohort order of abilities shenanigans are in full effect as expected, and the Vhordrai ruling is absolutely key. If it had been ruled to be a hero phase ability Vhordrai would be a lot less strong. Now he has a tremendous threat range on turn one to drop a 6 ball of mortals on a key hero. Also Amulet of Screams is confirmed to function how it should. 

53 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

FAQ is pretty great all around. The Deathmarch nerf is pretty crappy, but aside from that I see nothing that went poorly. First Cohort order of abilities shenanigans are in full effect as expected, and the Vhordrai ruling is absolutely key. If it had been ruled to be a hero phase ability Vhordrai would be a lot less strong. Now he has a tremendous threat range on turn one to drop a 6 ball of mortals on a key hero. Also Amulet of Screams is confirmed to function how it should. 

Its not a 'nerf' per say...this is how GW is going forward with everything. They will change and FAQ everything going forward. Its the start of GW putting a end to ****** tactics that are used in tourneys.

I consider it more or less a core rules clean up

1 hour ago, someone2040 said:

Interestingly Vhordrai's shooting ability is at the start of the shooting phase, and not just during the shooting phase. Feel it's a kind of odd nuance to have in there.

I thought the same thing, but I think if it was going to be "in the shooting phase" it should be a normal shooting attack, but then they would have to change the graphic to add a "Missile Weapon" profile that says "see below," so it's easier to just treat it as a "special" ability that occurs "at the start" of the movement phase.

41 minutes ago, Rob Hawkins said:

I thought the same thing, but I think if it was going to be "in the shooting phase" it should be a normal shooting attack, but then they would have to change the graphic to add a "Missile Weapon" profile that says "see below," so it's easier to just treat it as a "special" ability that occurs "at the start" of the movement phase.

It's actually at the beginning of the Shooting Phase.

I don't think they'd need to errata it to have a missile profile. There are other things that are just 'abilities' that go off in the Shooting phase. A Lord Celestant on Dracoth's l Storm Breath or the Lord Celestant on Star Drakes Lord of Heavens ability.

So think it's a strange choice to make it only occur at the start. I can't really think of any nuanced reason why it should be restricted.

Well, from what I can tell, the major winner of LoN is, to no surprise, the Big Bone Daddy Nagash himself. It's really no surprise though, as the creation of the spell lores gave him the extra firepower he needed, and the first Cohort gave him the durability he needed.  So now you have monstrous son of a gun who is nearly impossible to kill, can easily wipe out whole units with Curse of Years/Amarthine orb, flys around on magic purple wings, and can even support his other units. So yeah, pretty great.

Although, I am still waiting to hear more about other lists that people are coming up with. I think that a Legion of Blood list focused around buffing the hell out of Blood Knights could be interesting, and Legion of Night just seems good all around. Legion of Sacrament however, seems to be the other obvious choice for magic. Really, I think that Arkhan's Magic show(His battalion, and than coupled with a corpse cart to give him a +3 to casting) can really put a dent in most armies, if played correctly. As long as people remember that Arkhan works better as a artillery piece, and not a dedicated melee hero, than you should really be golden, as you fling out Orb's and CoY. The other option that would be good for Arkhan would be Soul Harvest, since it can help him survive a bit longer. 

Any one else think of some neat lists or combo's?

Speaking of alternative lists, I tried my hand at creating a soulblight list. I'll go into specifics in just a bit, but the general gist is just Soulblight 2.0

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance
- Artefact: Orb of Enchantment
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
Bloodseeker Palanquin (320)
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Coven Throne (260)
- General
- Trait: Aristocracy of Blood
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113

So with the FAQ up, I've got a few questions for you guys:

Vhordrai or VLoZD? Now that Vhordrai's attack happens in the shooting phase, he's a much more viable and destructive first turn threat. So given that you're running four heroes, a dragon, a flying vamp, and two necromancers, would you run a VLoZD as your general, or Vhordrai with the flying vamp as your general?

The amulet of screams now state that it is not an  unbinding attempt, which is great because it removes the range/line of sight restrictions. But with the new wording saying that the spell is not successfully cast, does that mean that a Tzeentch army running the blue scribes could reroll it? Or that Lord Kroak could spend two rerolls?

I found the ruling on Gravesites pretty weird. It seems that you are allowed to raise units from each Gravesite that is within 9” from a hero, and not just one unit per hero. I did not make that interpretation when reading the rules. But it is great news for Nagash.

Archived