New Aelves

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, WoollyMammoth said:

Then one day, for seemingly no reason whatsoever, he goes bad?

Pride, arrogance and wanting to prove his superiority were present long before he tried to pass the flames. Morathi certainly didn't wanted to raise a philosophic pacifist. His public image was well maintained and I don't think I've ever read any publication where he'd be presented as naive hero that was trying to protect all of the elves. It was always in his interests to be presented as the best lobbyist and when his world collapsed it was the world itself that conspired against him. 

Malekith was the greatest general and leader the High Elves ever knew.

I think that'd be his father.

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Just to say, the original poster about the Aelves this year said that Morathi will have two forms : one normal (in this second video) and one snake-like (hints of Morathi being "changed, twisted", we got from the AOS main book and the first video).

I guess it's pretty confirmed now. 

Morathi.png

I think Morathi will have either a monstrous mount or will be able to shapeshift in a monster. Hopefully it is the later, as that would be very cool! I am excited to see how this will develop!

Just now, Tonhel said:

I think Morathi will have either a monstrous mount or will be able to shapeshift in a monster. Hopefully it is the later, as that would be very cool! I am excited to see how this will develop!

Yeah, she says SHE was twisted / changed in flesh, so she is surely able to shapeshift now !

Malekith was never the greatest general nor warrior. That would be Aenarion. And even after him Caledor I bested Malekith in combat and outwitted him on the battlefield. Tethlis won several times against Malekith and Mentheus also outplayed him. For such a awesome general he has much more loses then victories. Also Tyrion would have killed him if his enemy Alith Anar didn't help him. Oh and after all he was king and became God because of Teclis. 

Sorry but Malekith track record as a general is terrible. Sure he is good at finding people who will get the job done or him but that's all. 

1 minute ago, DantePQ said:

Malekith was never the greatest general nor warrior. That would be Aenarion. And even after him Caledor I bested Malekith in combat and outwitted him on the battlefield. Tethlis won several times against Malekith and Mentheus also outplayed him. For such a awesome general he has much more loses then victories. Also Tyrion would have killed him if his enemy Alith Anar didn't help him. Oh and after all he was king and became God because of Teclis. 

Sorry but Malekith track record as a general is terrible. Sure he is good at finding people who will get the job done or him but that's all. 

You forgot to add the White Dwarf saving his life saved from a single measly skaven assassin and curtsying in front of Grimgor and begging to be spared to the list. ;) 

(the End Times were silly, Long live the End Times)

36 minutes ago, WoollyMammoth said:

Malekith was the greatest general and leader the High Elves ever knew. He united elves and Dwarves and was a blood brother to the Dwarven King. For thousands of years he was a beacon of light and a pillar of the community. Then one day, for seemingly no reason whatsoever, he goes bad? The only link to that happening is he was denied the pheonix trial but attempted it anyway - then instead of being purified his soul was twisted into the evil thing that would then go on to do terrible things. The phoenix trial is not so much an election more than an appointment by god. In this 'election' he was robbed and it was rigged, that is not an opinion, that is a major point of the Elven story in the end times. I'm not denying he did terrible things in the second half of his life, but he was clearly changed into a different person. Whether his soul was corrupted to a different person, or the seed of his witch-mother was always dormant and simply came out at this time, who can say? Of course he was a terrible ass who created the sundering and slaughtered his own people mercilessly.  I'm not defending Malekith, never liked the HE/DE stuff personally, I just actually read the books so I am clarifying misinformation. 

You are missing most of the stuff here to make Malekith look better. 

First off when the election happened another Elf Bel Shanaar was picked over him which he reluctantly accepted. And he did do many of the things you said he did, like befriend the Dwarves and become friends to the Dwarven King. (Which he later ruined by murdering dwarves and framing the High Elves for it.) Years later Chaos Cults started opening up in Elven Lands and Malekith investigated them to find Morathi in charge. Morathi stated she would give him the forces of the cults for a coup if he wanted it. Malekith still feeling he should have been Phoenix King agreed. 

Malekith then called a Meeting of many of the Elven Princes and the King before privately murdering the King by forcing poison down his throat. Then claiming to the other Princes that Bel Shanaar was the leader of the Cult of Pleasure. Before his followers and cults held the Princes at Sword Point and Malekith declared himself the New Phoenix King. He then went into the Flames and was burned. Before the End Times it was because he was unworthy and treacherous. The End Times retcon was that Malekith just needed to stay in the flames longer as they soon after would have healed his wounds and marked him as Phoenix King. His Followers still murdered a bunch of the Princes after and carried his charred body off were Morathi healed him and he created the horrible Dark Elf Socity and started a horrible war that set the High Elves into decline. 

33 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

You did a better job with the pic than me! But yeah I think thats just drapes meant to troll us

Not necessarily troll. It could be an Allusion to what her montrous form is like. If so it's an incredibly clever visual metaphor.

9 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

TK and Brets never sold well even when they got new models or in the case of Brets when they were in the starter set. Both were given plenty of chance in terms of plastic model releases and rules throughout their life. Just look at those great big Sphinxes the TK got they were big expansive to produce kits.  Judging them on the last few years of WFB doesn’t paint the correct picture that’s the result not the cause.  Given GWs lead times and how they were dealt with in the Endtimes its very likely the descison to remove them was made when the End Times was being written.  In both cases the driving concept was destroyed.  The whole driver behind AoS was basically ‘it’s time to stop flogging the dead horse time for something new’.

Still it’s a done deal time for some AoS Aleves I’ve missed the taste of Aelf Flesh 

This is quite the assertion that Bret’s didn’t sell well, what, 15 years ago? More? How long ago was 6th?

1 hour ago, stratigo said:

This is quite the assertion that Bret’s didn’t sell well, what, 15 years ago? More? How long ago was 6th?

Well I did work for GW a little over 15 years ago, but the Brettonians were in the 5 Ed box set so a bit before that.  Also it’s not unusual for someone to remember things from rather longer ago than that  

There’s no conspiracy to how GW measured releases for many years ( it might have changed very recently with “new” GW but I doubt it ). They released something if people bought lots of it they make more of it. If not said thing would go to the back of queue and they have a rethink about how they could jazz it up in the future if they thought it was viable concept. Hence Orcs & Goblins, Dark and High Elves, Empire always got released early doors in an Edition and Brets and TK might skip an edition without updates and Dogs of War vanished after a couple of cracks at it. 

6 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Not necessarily troll. It could be an Allusion to what her montrous form is like. If so it's an incredibly clever visual metaphor.

That is what I was thinking. Also a snake is climbing the pole behind her inbetween the “wings”, so flying snake form?

I'm hoping that Morathi, as far as rules go, starts out on the field as an elf sorceress with a bunch of awesome spells, then when she is 'killed' her model gets replaced by a monstrous medusae model that has no spells but is a combat beast. Perhaps with a venom spit range attack or something in addition.

Archived