What are your 2018 Objectives?

Marc Wilson

My major hobby goals for 2018 are:

- Getting a 1500 points army of Sylvaneth painted by April/May
- Extending said army to 2000 points
- Helping my girlfriend with list building and such stuff, since she wants to start AoS as well and has never played any tabletop before
- Playing as much games as possible
- Reading all Black Library books/stories, that seem interesting to me

My minor goals are:

- Getting Silver Tower stuff painted
- Painting a warband for skirmish (probably Slaanesh, but maybe Skaven or even Moonclan, if they get some more new models like the Herald)
- Making terrain, since I always wanted to do this, when I was into WHFB/40k at younger age

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id likemto paint my Chaos Characters this year. The only thing holding me back is the odd nugget of sculpting left to do, alng with some more bits i need to smash together. Hopefully around april time.  At the moment its very miniscule bits to finish on the conversions, but Im afraid to ****** up a year old or so of work witha rushed sculpt.

Hoping to dust off the Blade of Khorne army and get it painted. I have a tonne of Slaves of Darkness.. still in the cellophane too.  The goal is to have at least two painted armies in 2018.

40k 8th dropped, and we all shifted over for the last six months or so.

Well of AoS-related projects, the main thing is to get my table project done. Besides that , I have a death army waiting for the malign portents, that I'm also using for a Firestorm campaign.

Other than that, I have a bunch of Saga and LotR models in the queue and the Star wars Legion seems nifty.

My 2018 Goals:

1) Continue to grow my local AOS community
2) Introduce at least one friend to Shadespire, Warhammer Quest, Skirmish or AOS
3) Win or place in one tournament 
4) Finish my Kratos-themed Khorne Warband for Shadespire and Skirmish
5) Build a Gutbusters Army
6) Delve more into role-playing games (Silver Tower, Hammerhal, WH Quest) and story-building  my dudes
7) Construct my magnetized box for my Ironjawz army
8) Another Maw Krusha?

In 2017, I finished painting the adversaries from the base set of Silver Tower. I want to continue to improve my Silver Tower set before moving on.

1) Complete my chosen hero for my first play through, the Stormcast Lord Castellant.

2) Paint the exotic adversaries: 3 Flamers, an Exhalted Flammer, 3 Screamers and a Herald of Tzeentch

3) Complete all of the heroes from the base set: Mistweaver Saih, Fyreslayer Doomseeker, Knight Questor, Excelsior Warpries and Gryph-hound, Tenebrael Shard and the Darkoath Chieftan

4) Finish my Watchtower terrain piece for Age of Sigmar

5) Rebase and reorganise my Empire army into a Mixed Order army.

6) Rebase and reorganise my Ogre Kingdoms army into a Gutbusters army

Stretch goals:

7) Paint my Nobleman’s house (Chapel) terrain piece

If I get goal 6 done I’ll have done very, very well considering how scarily busy 2018 is going to be for me. If I get goal 7 done, I may start growing my Tzeentch collection into a full Disciples of Tzeentch army.

In no particular order:

• Finish my Descent 2nd ed. (1 agent, 3 heroes and 4 monsters including the 2 dragons)
  • Finish my Tzeentch Start collecting box (9 pink horrors, 3 screamers, 1 herald and 1 exalted flamers), 1 Ogroid and 1 gaunt summoner (which I want to paint following Tool’s Lateralus artwork)
  • Paint my christmass Deathrattle Start collecting box
  • Paint most of my Mythic Battles Pantheon KS pledge (132 minis!!!)
  • Paint every small addition to my Tzeentch and Death armies

1. Finish painting my Stormcast Celestial Vindicators at 1700 points (5 retributors, Knight-Venator, 6 prosecutors, lord veritant, and the one I really look forward to, the gryph hound.)

2. Finish purchasing my mixed order durdin army, assemble the stuff I will still be buying (2 cogsmiths (playing as gunmasters) and 20 warriors).

3. Convert the dwarves. They are going to be getting custom masks and swamp bases. 

4. Paint said army. 20 irondrakes, 20 warriors (intimidating for a newish player who has only ever played elite armies :P) a warden king, 2 cogsmiths, 2 gyrobombers. 

5. Paint my skirmish army of 4 wild riders and an archmage, going to be the Fey Folk like in English mythology. The arch mage is a sister of thorn body with wild rider head. These are going to be more display, and each wild rider is going to match a season. 

6. Maybe the Skaven and Fyreslayer shadespire forces. 

Two big ones:

1. Finish my 2000 point Destruction army - painted and participating in events/tournaments/whatever really (any western sydney gamers around?)

2. Finish my 2000 point Slaves to Darkness army - have way more stuff than that; however one thing at a time

Smaller goals:

Get WHQ: Hammerhal and finish that before the years end

Paint up the exotics for Silver Tower and maybe collect a few more...

So nothing to much then...

I love the idea of #paint52. I've already been working on breaking up  my backlog of 20+ years into bitesize projects. I'm putting a six month freeze on buying new toys to make sure I hit my goals, which the new Nurgle releases are going to make very difficult to stick to.

Hopefully by 2018 I should have almost nothing left unpainted.

1.  Finish painting my Stormcast army.

2.  Paint a Celestant Prime to a standard I can be proud of.

3.  Cultivate the local scene.

4.  Purchase, build and paint 2k+ points of Sylvaneth.  

5.  Enter at least 1 tournament.  

6.  Provide valuable input to this forum.

7.  This list is rather ambitious for someone who paints as slowly as I do.  Follow through on at least 1/2 of the six preceding goals.

In the spirit of setting BHAG's, I'm looking at 2018 with;

1. Go back to back and compete at the 2018 AoS Australian Masters
  2. Launch YouTube channel and schedule frequent content
  3. Run/Co-Run a tournament 
  4. Build & paint my Empire War Wagon
  5. Build, convert, paint & compete with Flesh Eater Courts

Most of my 2018 goals are the same as my 2017 goals. I painted 159 miniatures/tokens in 2017, but there were around 300 on my TODO list.

2018 Painting Goals

1. Finish painting Silver Tower (with my kids). Remaining: Mistweaver, Gryph-hound, War-Priest, 6 Tzaangors & Ogroid Thaumaturge. (10 Miniatures)

2. Paint Shadows over Hammerhal miniatures. Assembled but not started yet. (31 miniatures)

3. Paint at least one Blood Bowl team. (~ 20 miniatures, if tokens are included), so I'll have 2 painted teams.

4. Paint all the Shadespire miniatures (current releases and future releases). (~25 miniatures foreseeable)

5. Paint a Sigmarite Mausoleum (84 "components")

6. Non-GW: Paint the Reaper Bones miniatures I've impulse bought over the last year. 1 Fire Giant, 1 Stone Giant, 1 Cloud Giant, 1 Giant Scorpion, 1 Purple Worm, 1 Frost Wyrm. (6 miniatures)

7. Start my Eldritch Council force (about 35 models).

Total Number: ~211 miniatures.

That number seems a bit high, but the single biggest sub-project is the Sigmarite Mausoleum and it should go relatively fast.

I've got some stretch goals too

1. Add to my Sylvaneth Army (Kurnoth Hunters, Allarielle, and more Treemen)

2. Finish painting all the Malifaux models I've collected (~35 models)

3. The Blood & Plunder pirate ships are very tempting (since my Privateer Crew I painted from GW's LotHS never had any real transport)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I look at the monthly painting thread and am always nervous about posting as I get so little time to paint and generally do it in bursts at random times. This gives me a chance to set some long term goals so thanks for organizing this, hopefully it will help to inspire me. So here goes.

1. Finish building and painting all the SCE still in the cupboard, before I buy anymore.
  2. Alternatively apply a buy one paint two rule. (I'm very weak willed)
  3. Play more games.
  4. Start a skirmish warband and take it right through to a Path to Glory campaign.
  5. Play in a tournament at Warhammer World.
  6. Buy and paint a 2000 point death army.
  7. Play more games.

Items 3 and 7 are a cheat, but I've been building and painting since May '17 and have only managed to play 7 games in all that time, so this is a reminder to get out there and do it.

I am looking at making sure my nurgle army is complete and painted before I get anymore. it will be quite a challenge. 

I still have 2 chariots. 

5 knights 

5 marauders horsemen 

10 chaos warriors

3 blightkings

2 spawn 

11 Plaguebearers

6 nurglings

2 giants 

3 drones

1. Do at least 3 new armies this year. Started number one today.
2. Win some new hardware for the trophy case. At least one trophy, plaque, or Adepticon medal.
3. Better organize the hobby floor, be able to run multiple games at home (3?) at once.
4. Do a community project of SOME kind. Either run a tournament, podcast, youtube channel, twitch channel, something.

I got a few:

1. Finish painting my 1k pts fyreslayers...  Got about 600+ pts left at least xD

2. Get ny Khorne daemons up to 1500-2k. Currently got about 1k. Going to buy a Bloodthirster or Skarbrand so it should be relatively quick. Painting them on the other hand... 

3. Give my Deathrattle some love with the pending Legions of Nagash battletome. Depending on where I want to go from there. 

My main goal is to build a strong dynamic comunity around me here in France and then make it strong internationaly, with some "around the world" missions. The best thing in the game and the hobby is to actually meet some new passionate people and enjoy the games and the life!

In addition to this, first quarter:

- build/paint my full stormcast army

- then same on Nurgle

The rest of the year (starting 2nd quarter) depends on the success of the first quarter above :P

1. Finish painting my mixed chaos army, 2000 pts min - should be doable. Probably have enough painted already, but theres a few things i wanna add

2. Buy, Build and paint archaon, just as long as angron doesnt appear in 40k

3. Actually play my first game of Aos, even if i have to rock up to an event on my own!

Archived