Bloodied and glorified.

Arkiham

With blood and glory all but over once again I am massively impressed with the variance of armies in the top tables.

After day one the tables looked like this.

Once again showing that it isn't down to who can bring the most op on paper lists.

But who can play their army the best in ghb17.

Ill upload final listings when out.

Screenshot_20171104-222757.png

Screenshot_20171104-223033.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What can I say, this is a great outcome! :) Very mixed top 10, gives a good indication that the game has significantly improved internally.
What I really love for my Fyreslayer and Seraphon friends is that they finally have something to look into, compete and hopefully use some wonderfully made Allegiance cards ;) 

Now what we do see is that neither Death or Destruction are represented all to well here, though they make somewhat of an appearance. This suprises me a little because last month the Iron Jawz where really rocking. To nobody's suprise Death still needs some propper love though to make a great appearance. I do however believe that 2018 will allow for this and I hope Destruction will recieve the same love that year too. Order and Chaos are extremely solid and have a giant mix of great different army choices.

best seraphon list was:

Lord Kroak (450)
- General
Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
- Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices
Skink Starpriest (80)
- Artefact: Light of Dracothion
Celestant-Prime (340)
- Allies
10 x Skinks (60)
- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
10 x Skinks (60)
10 x Skinks (60)
6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
Shadowstrike Starhost (170)
Balewind Vortex (100)

Reinforcement Points (240)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 340 / 400

summoning a unit of extra rippers so the damage output of the Shadowstrike ones is hidden to encourage poor deployment against them.. Veh sneaky

22 minutes ago, stratigo said:

I do wonder what the difference between total score and total VPs is though.

Yeah bit odd that results are not entirely in VP order?  Why are some people with 95 below people with 90?  I can understand majors over minors if its tied but 95 beats 90 regardless etc.

1 hour ago, stato said:

Yeah bit odd that results are not entirely in VP order?  Why are some people with 95 below people with 90?  I can understand majors over minors if its tied but 95 beats 90 regardless etc.

What that list does not show is the painting, best sports and painting nomination scores. There were 25 points for painting, 10 for best sports vote and 10 for a painting nomination

27 minutes ago, Kanamorf said:

What that list does not show is the painting, best sports and painting nomination scores. There were 25 points for painting, 10 for best sports vote and 10 for a painting nomination

Ah i thought that had all been included. Ta. I gave away the printout with the full results I got at the finish to someone who didnt have one (and didnt finish near the bottom like me :D)

Happy to see that there are at least some death lists in the top 20 (although not many).

I think nurgle not having its own allegiance is part of the reason why it may not be as strong as other factions. Though many hope that'll change soon(ish).

4 hours ago, BobbyB said:

Think you might need to enlighten us on that one

Indeed :)

Straight Nurgle at the moment is pretty weak as you only have the wheel, but no allegiance abilities, items or formations. 

Generic chaos with a Nurgle focus still is strong though.  

2 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

I'm curious what happened to the SCE armies that were highly placed day 1. And, then fell off day 2. 

if I am interpreting the scores right, Stormcast actually won on the battlefield. Followed by a DIFFERENT fyrslayers player, and then the KO. The list seems to be sorted on aggregate scores

Great to see a diverse set of top armies, especially Fyreslayers on top. Well done to the Andrew Hughes. Also goes to show what a great job was done by the Generals Handbook 2017 team. Well done also to the Bad Dice team for organising such an awesome looking event too!

Archived