LVO 2022 Predictions

Kronos

23 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is better if you low your hype level. I think that Baron Klutz is mixing legit sources with fake sources... A lot of fake rumorus are using Whitefang hints or other confirmed like the Red Harvest content rumour to obtain some virality.

The Red Harvest source never said anything about IDK or Fyreslayers. The original post only refers about Warcry 2, NH vs LRL box and Sylvaneth with Lady of Vines but without Kurnothis.

I've noticed a lot of Chinese Whispers when it comes to sources as well these days as well. A lot of people are now claiming things like, "[Rumour] comes from the reliable 40k B&C leaker" or "this comes from the Eldar Discord leaker" when they said nothing of the sort on a certain rumour, or just straight up lying to give it credibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

No, an army with Fyreslayers as spice instead of the main dish would probably look pretty great,

Agreed, an army of super techy Steampunk Dwarves riding on their floating gunships high above an army of well disciplined berserker cultists is a really cool sounding army with strong aesthetic flair. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Agreed, an army of super techy Steampunk Dwarves riding on their floating gunships high above an army of well disciplined berserker cultists is a really cool sounding army with strong aesthetic flair. 

That's Barak-thryng! We need more focus on our dudes, a 100% steampunk battletome.

But I can accept a soup'd battletome with the return of the runic-system and a second wave of KOs (5-6 kits, maybe more).

That's ""fine"" for me.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's Barak-thryng! We need more focus on our dudes, a 100% steampunk battletome.

But I can accept a soup'd battletome with the return of the runic-system and a second wave of KOs (5-6 kits, maybe more).

That's ""fine"" for me.

I just want a confused and very angry fyreslayer harnessed onto a big balloon.

• Haha 4

I’m still hopeful for pure Fyreslayers. They have done images like that before that meant something else and could just be off the old travel ticket Hammerhal Herald pictures. So could be a red herring.(if not then Please give us models that actually fit both armies like steampunk fyresuits andMagmadroths with aether cannons harnesses xD )

Though now I’m wondering if those steampunk prosthetic-looking legs are gonna finally turn up?

image.jpeg.b1c127a9061501f0f80f41b7fe7c5118.jpeg

Could be a surprise Kharadron release if that isn’t squats.

Though I’ve also found Prosthetics are actually pretty big in the Freeguild(and thus Dawncrusade) and wondering if that’s it?

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Medimantic_Appendage

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I’m still hopeful for pure Fyreslayers. They have done images like that before that meant something else and could just be off the old travel ticket Hammerhal Herald pictures. So could be a red herring.(if not then Please give us models that actually fit both armies like steampunk fyresuits andMagmadroths with aether cannons harnesses xD )

Though now I’m wondering if those steampunk prosthetic-looking legs are gonna finally turn up?

image.jpeg.b1c127a9061501f0f80f41b7fe7c5118.jpeg

Could be a surprise Kharadron release if that isn’t squats.

Though I’ve also found Prosthetics are actually pretty big in the Freeguild(and thus Dawncrusade) and wondering if that’s it?

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Medimantic_Appendage

That leg have been revealed allready in a necromunda model i think remember.

And following the topic.........YAYYYY i love soups and i cant be happier if we get soup of dwarfs......ok i can be happier with 4+ new kits with new grugnir units and a model of grombindall to lead tye new soup.

I only hope my dispossesed dont get the same huge nerfs that got my fyreslayers

51 minutes ago, Doko said:

That leg have been revealed allready in a necromunda model i think remember.

I’m checking the Necromunda reveals and solved rumor engines but don’t see it. Got a link?

Also is the flying rock foot solved yet and I missed it?

image.jpeg.2a523994285e690ab05207031803272a.jpeg

That looked connected to the prosthetic leg and flying rocks would fit the Kharadron theme if it’s not Squats as well.

51 minutes ago, Doko said:

I only hope my dispossesed dont get the same huge nerfs that got my fyreslayers

Not to be negative but looking at their warscrolls the Irondrakes look like prime targets for the 3.0 water down, they have more rules than most 2 new unit warscrolls combined. 

If soup does happen it’ll be interesting to see how they juggle all those balances.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The leg hasn’t been revealed yet, no. I don’t think it’s Kharadron though.

Thanks for clarifying!

And yeah it could be Squats/Necromunda or something but I’m holding out hope for some radical Duardin(or even freeguild) rocking it them since high-tech equipment and floating rocks(especially with Dawncrusade Megaliths now) isn’t out of the question for the Realms.(at least the kitbash door will be open regardless)

Here’s hoping we find out soon!

Edited by Baron Klatz

1 hour ago, Shankelton said:

Id be happy to see a souped dwarf book. Just so long as each army keeps there uniqueness and viability. 

If only because the lore of that book will be suuuuper juicy 

Doubtful. It would inevitably be slimmed down versions of the existing lore/world building, with some handwaved excuse that "Grungni united them closer than ever before but some animosity remains because Duradin never forget a slight."

That's the crux of why I'm not a fan of it. Fyreslayer and Kharadron cultures and aesthetics are so radically different compared to something like Warclans or Mawtribes that inevitably something is going to give on the world building front, and it also gives GW an excuse to just leave Fyreslayers out to dry on the modelling department - "Well actually Fyreslayers DID just get a model, the new Kharadron airship they can take as part of the Khalazid Grudgebearer Battletome!"

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

I would be happier with golems of earth or metal before more steampunk units.

But only because i dont like steampunk.

Or some new unit being a mix of all? As umgrin with some slayers with heavy armor as dispossesed and weapons of kharadrons or ballons? That would be cool

• Like 1

That’s be the crux of mitigating outrage at combining two factions of severely differing aesthetics. New models that actually show them combining instead of being jammed together. 

Give us gholemkin, mecha-duardin controlled by ancestral souls locked in them, elementals of Metal & fire, Fyreslayers outfitted with high tech Kharadron weaponry and Kharadron “Fyre Vessels” powered by Ur-runes and outfitted with lava cannons manned by the mercenaries and it’d be smooth aether-sailing because they showed they put in the effort to make this a stand-out faction full of love for both armies.

A tome alone just won’t do. Especially for Kharadron who will suffer the most for a book they can already pull off with one of their ports.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I'd love Grungni with new reinforcements (as a remaking for disdpossessed or a new type of dawi) but smashing Fyreslayers and Kharadron together and call it a day without adding something to them is a really bad choice...
Considering the image surfaced now about the 3 model "shadow" seems Nighthaunt are the most probable thing.
The model on the left is the only thing we can't really know because seems at the same time eldar\Lumineth\something?(aos is alone this time so i can't see them putting underworld or some other thing).

• Like 1

It’s possible we’re just all going nutty over nothing. Whole thing could just be Aeldari flood of content plus NightHaunt news of new models, tome and re-releases to quickly tie-into Nagash’s recent Warscroll change and solve the Soul Wars box issue of missing miniatures. 

We might have to have this dire duardin division argument again in a few months when they actually plan to unveil a continuation for Fury of the Deep.xD (With it having a lite-version of Aqshy Realm Rules maybe it’ll be tied to the new General’s Handbook in the Realm of Fire?)