AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

4 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Just to confirm within Big Waaagh!!, can you say that units within it belong to a sub faction within IJ, BS or KB? Didn’t think you could but just wanted to check. 

As far as I understand from tome reviews you can say your kruleboyz are bigyeller and use them in bigwaagh.

• Like 1

Question, could you use Supa sneaky and then the Alpha-Beast pack? Imagine, I set-up a Rogue-Idol 9" away from the enemy and then move D6". The CT happens before deciding who goes first, and the Battlalion before the first battle round, so I assume the former would go first, right? And if you don't move it afterwards, the enemy wouldn't be able to Relocate. 

Then, you move D6" with the other Rogue-Idol, use Sneaky miasma on it for a normal move and then move again. A fun-silly way to have two Rogue Idols charging on first turn, one of them potentially buffed. Also, if you have used the Dirty trick to remove some units, you could easily get rid of chaff so you can charge where you want. 

Edit: Just re-read the texts. Alpha pack happens before and Supa sneaky at the beginning of first battle round. So, you could still move d6" one of the Idols while the other is within 9" and then move, if you don't mind your opponent relocating. 

Edited by Izotzuhure

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

As far as I understand from tome reviews you can say your kruleboyz are bigyeller and use them in bigwaagh.

I don't think that is true Russ specifies it when they go in-depth into the Big Waaagh! portion of the book (FaceHammer). The only thing that you can keep in Big Waaagh! From each allegiance is written in bold and bullet points: Mighty Destroyers for IJ, Venom-Spears for Kruleboyz and 6+ ward for Bonesplitterz. Nothing else. I'm certain that you army needs to be Kruleboyz in order to access the subclans.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jabbuk said:

I don't think that is true Russ specifies it when they go in-depth into the Big Waaagh! portion of the book (FaceHammer). The only thing that you can keep in Big Waaagh! From each allegiance is written in bold and bullet points: Mighty Destroyers for IJ, Venom-Spears for Kruleboyz and 6+ ward for Bonesplitterz. Nothing else. I'm certain that you army needs to be Kruleboyz in order to access the subclans.

100% this. Kruleboys lose the option to take subfactions and Dirty Tricks if we use them in a Big Waaagh army.

10 hours ago, Jabbuk said:

Thanks for clarification ! 

• Like 1

Anyone started putting lists together? 

In terms of a starting point, I'm kinda thinking that 20 gutrippaz could be fun with the Snatchboss/Skumdrakk to give them a bit of dmg buff and probably a killaboss (of some flavour) to babysit for the battleshock? then probably fill out battleline with a couple of boltboyz units (i.e. Big yellers a bit forced but it seems decent enough anyways)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

I'm still thinking about a 3 Sludgeraker beasts in Skullbugz... not sure if there is enough buffs to make that list works, but it seems really fun at least.

do you know how the sludgeraker buff is worded? i.e. does it stack? (presumably not but good to confirm..)

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Yokai said:

Gobsprakk preview is up, including pictures of generic Killaboss on Vulcha. Not seen before, methinks?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/14/take-a-detailed-look-at-gobsprakks-model-which-is-absolutely-dangling-with-detritus/

Interestingly, the Killaboss looks to have a couple of weapons and different heads to choose from. 

I'm still unsure if I'd want to build the named Shaman or the generic Killaboss. I might mash the two, so Shaman but without all 4 banners with the helmeted vulture head. 

Then use the spare Killaboss parts to make another Killaboss on gnashtoof that stands out from the existing one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, woolf said:

do you know how the sludgeraker buff is worded? i.e. does it stack? (presumably not but good to confirm..)

Sadly it doesn't.  At the end of the ability it says "and the attacking unit is wholly within 12" of any friendly unit with this ability".

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

I'm still thinking about a 3 Sludgeraker beasts in Skullbugz... not sure if there is enough buffs to make that list works, but it seems really fun at least.

If you aren't spamming the boltboyz and normally don't face opponents with a strong shooting, Skullbugz looks like the way to go even if don't have a lot of monsters. Still if you want to maximize the number of monsters, I would suggest 2 Sludgeraker + 1 Boss on Vulcha. It is 75 points cheaper than 3 Sludgeraker and gives you a more mobile monsters to spread the Skullbugz debuff whee you need it. The problem is that this would be 870 points on hero-monsters an you gonna need at least another 540 points for the Guttripaz Battleline tax, which would leave you with 590 points to reinforce those Guttripaz or to get other units. Maybe on a list like this you can leave the shaman off the list and use just the Sludgeraker bonus...

• LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, woolf said:

Sadly, can't be stacked: "... wholly within 12" of any friendly unit with this ability."

8 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

If you aren't spamming the boltboyz and normally don't face opponents with a strong shooting, Skullbugz looks like the way to go even if don't have a lot of monsters. Still if you want to maximize the number of monsters, I would suggest 2 Sludgeraker + 1 Boss on Vulcha. It is 75 points cheaper than 3 Sludgeraker and gives you a more mobile monsters to spread the Skullbugz debuff whee you need it. The problem is that this would be 870 points on hero-monsters an you gonna need at least another 540 points for the Guttripaz Battleline tax, which would leave you with 590 points to reinforce those Guttripaz or to get other units. Maybe on a list like this you can leave the shaman off the list and use just the Sludgeraker bonus...

I have 0 interest on spamming boltboyz, so any suggestion is well appreciated!

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Sadly, can't be stacked: "... wholly within 12" of any friendly unit with this ability."

I have 0 interest on spamming boltboyz, so any suggestion is well appreciated!

You are ok with using some of them rather than spamming? If yes I would suggest something like this:

Allegiance: Kruleboyz

Leaders
Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)*

Swampboss Skumdrekk (320)
Killaboss on Corpse-rippa Vulcha (240)
- General

Battleline
20 x Gutrippaz (360)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Gutrippaz (180)*
10 x Gutrippaz (180)*

Units
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)*
- Reinforced x 1
1 x Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)*

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 147
Drops: 3

Not sure on the command trait and mount trait. Artefact would probably be the Amulet. I imagene it playing like two blocks:
- Snatchaboss + 6 boltboyz + 10 gutrippaz
- Skumdrekk + 20 gutrippaz + Marshcrawla
The Killaboss could move between the two blocks as necessary and there is 10 Gutrripaz that could follow any of them.

If you don't want to use the Boltboyz at all, you can change Skumdrekk for another Snatchaboss to get 260 points for 10 hobgrotz + 10 gutrippaz/1 Breaka-boss.
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, woolf said:

Anyone started putting lists together? 

In terms of a starting point, I'm kinda thinking that 20 gutrippaz could be fun with the Snatchboss/Skumdrakk to give them a bit of dmg buff and probably a killaboss (of some flavour) to babysit for the battleshock? then probably fill out battleline with a couple of boltboyz units (i.e. Big yellers a bit forced but it seems decent enough anyways)

I'm bringing the below list to a tournament on 9-25. Its obviously not super strong but its what I can get painted in time. Artefacts and Command Traits to be decided. Yeller Shields

525- Big Drogg Gate Breaka

180- Breaka Boss on Troggoth

170- Boss on Gnashtooth

105- Swamp Calla

540- 30 Gut Rippaz

240- 6 Bolt Boyz

240- 6 Bolt Boyz

Its a two drop list. Plan is to keep the gutrippaz as buffed as possible and threatening opponents objectives while the bolt boyz hang back and shoot what they can. Mega and characters can run around causing havoc. 

Not much of a plan but its a new army, so who cares. Should be fun! I think 60 wounds of gutrippaz could be quite challenging to get through if properly supported. 

Played with big yellas against SoB
snatchaboss on drake with egomaniac
2 shamans one with Mork eye pebble
20-20 gutrippas with sticks
6-6 Boltboys
Killbow
Battle Regiment
Lost by leaving 1 gargant alive. So prety nice considering below average rolls.
Also after the game realised that I am 145points short and never used gutrippas - to hit ability that could save many boyz.

• Like 2