AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

1 hour ago, novakai said:

they said something about the swampboss and either his mount has a very strong poison attack or he buff the poison attack

The moster have the same poison rules ass krulleboys and it encants poions in the area acording to the streeam

6 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

So because GW have decided to pull a GW, we still haven’t seen all the Kruleboy kits. My guess is that there’s still:

• A Hobgrot hero
  • Gnarltoof cavalry
  • Swamp Wyvern

Now the Swamp Wyvern is all but confirmed (I mean, just look at the BT cover), but honestly I can see the other two being up in the air. 

Honestly I doubt we gonna get anything more than the rumored cavalry and the rumored Mouth of Mork on some kind of flying creature. The mouth could easily be another dual kit with a generic hero too (really hope it's a shaman variant, almost all our heroes are some kind of boss so far).

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

Any news about their rules? 

Btw, I love they showed today, I can't wait to see more!

Some infos from the reveal show + WarCom article:

Snatchaboss/Skumdrekk - The Sludgeraker bite is so poisonous that it also get the poison allegiance ability (mortals on 6s) and make the poison from nearby units deal more damage (+1 damage maybe?). The boss is said to be our best unit at killing enemy heroes (probably will get some bonus in combat with vs a hero). Force multiplier centerpiece, the named version is said to be more killy than the generic one.

Marshcralaw Sloggoth - Monster model, the grotz have some kind of bonus that help kill infantry models (select and kill low wound models? or maybe just some bonus in combat). The drum-grot gives bonus to nearby untis (+1 to hit was mentioned). The Sloggoth has some fore of generation (something similar to the Gitz troggoths I assume).

Guttripaz - The non-spear version trades range for better output in combat (probably means it is 1" with +1 attacks or +1 to hit/wound or a -1 rend).

On the reveal show they describe the Kruleboyz has a quintessential horde with lots units receiving bonus from other models. With the Gutrippaz actual points (180) I don't believe in this part, but maybe it will change with the battletome.

On a hobby related note, they mention that the Gutrippaz multi-kit has two musician optionsm just like the hobgrotz (drum or horn blower). It shouldn't be hard to get 2 musicians to compliment the Gutrippaz that we got from Dominion.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

On a hobby related note, they mention that the Gutrippaz multi-kit has two musician optionsm just like the hobgrotz (drum or horn blower). It shouldn't be hard to get 2 musicians to compliment the Gutrippaz that we got from Dominion.

Whew that's a relief. I was super irritated they didn't include it in the Dominion set. Now just need an extra banner.

2 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

Why do hobgrots exist?? They seem like a completely random addition 

I hope they can benefit from Big Waaagh type allegiances even if they're meh in Kruleboys. Then at least they'll have a job as a cheap screen.

Edit: also I have no idea why they exist they're probably a teaser unit for chaos dwarves or something silly

Edited by NauticalSoup

1 minute ago, NauticalSoup said:

I hope they can benefit from Big Waaagh type allegiances even if they're meh in Kruleboys. Then at least they'll have a job as a cheap screen.

Currently can't even take them in Big Waaagh, which is just stupid.

They did say more models are coming, so I'm still hoping for cavalry and a hobgrot hero

7 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Some infos from the reveal show + WarCom article:

Snatchaboss/Skumdrekk - The Sludgeraker bite is so poisonous that it also get the poison allegiance ability (mortals on 6s) and make the poison from nearby units deal more damage (+1 damage maybe?). The boss is said to be our best unit at killing enemy heroes (probably will get some bonus in combat with vs a hero). Force multiplier centerpiece, the named version is said to be more killy than the generic one.

Marshcralaw Sloggoth - Monster model, the grotz have some kind of bonus that help kill infantry models (select and kill low wound models? or maybe just some bonus in combat). The drum-grot gives bonus to nearby untis (+1 to hit was mentioned). The Sloggoth has some fore of generation (something similar to the Gitz troggoths I assume).

Guttripaz - The non-spear version trades range for better output in combat (probably means it is 1" with +1 attacks or +1 to hit/wound or a -1 rend).

On the reveal show they describe the Kruleboyz has a quintessential horde with lots units receiving bonus from other models. With the Gutrippaz actual points (180) I don't believe in this part, but maybe it will change with the battletome.

Speaking of venomous bites..... the Gnashtoof has envenomed jaws too, if you read the Amberstone Watch lore section, so hopefully that gets to benefit from the Allegiance ability too, bit odd that it mentions it in the lore then suddenly it doesn't get MWs on 6s to hit. 

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

When I saw the reveals my being split in 2 like our god Gork and Mork and I screamed my happiness in the air. You think I’m joking, just watch me buy 2 of dat orky swamp croc day one. My body is still shaking from the impact those models had on my body. I might’ve reached the next level of orkyness. ALL these models are AWESOMEEEEEEE, hahaha! Let’s goooo. Also I hope the gobbo troggoth has some rules for Hobgobbo, or that we get a hobgobbo lead. We see the bat with scorpion tail on the cover of the book, nuff said, nowwww… show dat thing to me… mmmyess..  also since I bought 2 boxes dominion. Totally gonna convert some boyzzzz with new musician options and maybe new wep options and perhaps add a command to the boltboyz. Also I saw that the kruleboyz book is actually the whole orruk warclan book. Whooo excited for THAT little detail huh? New orky with old orky with new orky rules, equals…. duffin and krumpin and stabbin them shinz in all kinds of new ways. Also on the community pages they mentioned if you buy the book, you get a code for the digital rules in the new age of sigmar app. Boyz, new orky on the dawn of a new edition. Be ready boyz, be ready…

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mutton said:

Because they're awesome.

Currently they are overpriced bad chaff, with a different aesthetic to the rest of the army and not battleline or covered by the allegiance abilities.

I guess they are good for narrative players but if you are more concerned about your army having good stuff, then they miss in every way possible.

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Like 2

Just now, C0deb1ue said:

Currently they are overpriced bad chaff, with a different aesthetic to the rest of the army and not battleline or covered by the allegiance abilities.

I guess they are good for narrative players.

If they had access to our trait and were battleline in a kruleboyz allegiance then they wouldn't be terrible, decent chaff with alright mortal wound output. However, they need all that to be considered just decent.

So what lists are people thinking of running with the units we have available today? The battletome and new units are at least a month away, possibly closer to two, so we may as well play with what we have so far

26 minutes ago, Qrow said:

If they had access to our trait and were battleline in a kruleboyz allegiance then they wouldn't be terrible, decent chaff with alright mortal wound output. However, they need all that to be considered just decent.

So what lists are people thinking of running with the units we have available today? The battletome and new units are at least a month away, possibly closer to two, so we may as well play with what we have so far

Really hard to know I guess.

There was that quite confusing message that Kruleboyz were a “horde” army but then all our troops are overcosted for what they are and also overcosted for what are considered horde armies.

30 gut rippaz for 540 is not a horde army.

1 hour ago, Qrow said:

With only what we have now i would go something like:

1500pts army:

1 Killaboss on great gnashtoof 200
1 Shaman 125
1 Shaman 125

10 Gutrippaz 180
10 Gutrippaz 180
10 Gutrippaz 180
6 Boltboys 240
6 Boltboys 240

1470pts

2000pts army:

Kragnos 695
1 Shaman 125
1 Shaman 125

10 Gutrippaz 180
10 Gutrippaz 180
10 Gutrippaz 180
6 Boltboys 240
6 Boltboys 240

1965pts

I'm trying out 2 lists soon, both 2000 points

List 1:

Killaboss on gnashtooth 200

Shaman 125

Shaman 125

Murknob 115

20 gutrippaz 360

10 gutrippaz 180

10 gutrippaz 180

6 boltboyz 240

20 hobgrotz 190

10 hobgrotz 95

10 hobgrotz 95

Soulsnare Shackles 65

List 2

Killaboss 140 

Shaman 125 

Shaman 125

20 gutrippaz 360 

20 gutrippaz 360

10 gutrippaz 180 

6 boltboyz 240

6 boltboyz 240

10 hobgrotz 95

10 hobgrotz 95

Not sure how they will go, I feel a couple of hobgrotz are still good as objective holders and charge blockers, plus they help generate waaagh! points

Just now, zombiepiratexxx said:

What are people's opinions on the Killaboss from Dominion? Sheild or spikey ball of death? Considering the push fit nature it wouldn't be hard to be able to use either of from battle to battle. 

3+ saves are amazing and the flail doesn't hit hard enough to justify losing it, plus that 3+ easily becomes a 2+ with a command point or swampcalla. I think I'll be taking the shield everytime

1 hour ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

What are people's opinions on the Killaboss from Dominion? Sheild or spikey ball of death? Considering the push fit nature it wouldn't be hard to be able to use either of from battle to battle. 

I like the shield, since it sets his save to 3+ and isn't a "+1 to save", so it stacks with other sources of +1. The flail is only 2 attacks on a 3+/3+ with 1 rend and 1 damage. Averages out to be less than 1 wound most of the time.

4 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

Really hard to know I guess.

There was that quite confusing message that Kruleboyz were a “horde” army but then all our troops are overcosted for what they are and also overcosted for what are considered horde armies.

30 gut rippaz for 540 is not a horde army.

Yeah id like to see Gutrippaz at 160pts, 200pts is 10 Chaos Warriors who before loosing 1 model have a 3+ save, better bravery, a 5+ ward vs mortals and atm better synergy with the army. And Warriors don't hit pretty well but I can't imagine axes being better statwise than 3s and 3s. Even then I think spears will still win out just because of getting that second rank of attacks. 

6 hours ago, That Guy said:

When I saw the reveals my being split in 2 like our god Gork and Mork and I screamed my happiness in the air. You think I’m joking, just watch me buy 2 of dat orky swamp croc day one. My body is still shaking from the impact those models had on my body. I might’ve reached the next level of orkyness. ALL these models are AWESOMEEEEEEE, hahaha! Let’s goooo. Also I hope the gobbo troggoth has some rules for Hobgobbo, or that we get a hobgobbo lead. We see the bat with scorpion tail on the cover of the book, nuff said, nowwww… show dat thing to me… mmmyess..  also since I bought 2 boxes dominion. Totally gonna convert some boyzzzz with new musician options and maybe new wep options and perhaps add a command to the boltboyz. Also I saw that the kruleboyz book is actually the whole orruk warclan book. Whooo excited for THAT little detail huh? New orky with old orky with new orky rules, equals…. duffin and krumpin and stabbin them shinz in all kinds of new ways. Also on the community pages they mentioned if you buy the book, you get a code for the digital rules in the new age of sigmar app. Boyz, new orky on the dawn of a new edition. Be ready boyz, be ready…

I have to say, I very much enjoy your enthusiasm. :)

• Haha 1

Question on the Kruleboyz Allegiance Ability - is actually usable in Orruk Warclans? This article says it is https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/08/discover-how-command-abilities-are-the-key-to-success-with-the-orruk-warclans-in-the-new-edition/ but I'm understanding the new Allegiance Ability rules correctly, the army needs to be completely comprised of Kruleboyz to get the ability.