Soulblight Gravelords Hobby and Lore

Nactigal

still a work in progress as I'm going to be moving it over to a larger base with a building for it to perch on and men at arms below, but here is the Black Serpent.

rules I'm going to be using Mannfreds, though I'm using legion of blood for my bloodline. 

A kingdom under the Black Serpent, who has sworn his serves to the lady Neferata. During the age of chaos, she came to their defense. The kingdom is a feudal lordship where the humans and undead work together in order to survive and prosper. During times of war the undead will rise to defend their family lines. They are so devote to their worship that it's an honor to be brought back as an undead from dying in combat. besides man power, the lower classes give a blood tithe to the nobility, who form the ranks of heavy shock cavalry. 

based loosely on Mallobaude the black Serpent of Mousillon and of bretonnia. 

20210925_205903.jpg.280b82ce2c26baeed2d57872cf0f8c31.jpg20210925_205449.jpg.b921612bf3ff0bc70cbfbacaf71155d5.jpg20210925_205404.jpg.5388eef844945e3cd5859cdd5996fd0c.jpg20210925_205355.jpg.ebd291c89d7e1f77ba15e0b62e89d73b.jpg

• Like 4

My collection of Vyrkos characters is growing :)

20210926_140606.jpg.bcc15e0c04175c3b91db9f2d42182d2b.jpg

Lady Annika is a seriously phantastic, characterful sculpt by the way. Honestly, her and Kritza deserve way better rules than they got. They have a real boss character energy about them when you put them next to a normal humans. Really a shame that they are worse than regular Vampire Lords.

• Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 1

I finally got around to reading the neferata novels for AoS. I fell in love with the idea of her legion having mortal followers and vampire infantry. I decided to build an army based around a human/vampire dukedom that worships her as the lady of the blood grail. I'm working on a living thralls to be a noble and honorable dukedom under her control.

Sadly the face on the banner had a casting bubble and I had to file away some of it to smooth it out. ain't the greatest at painting but I like it. I based the banner off of the art from the novel.

The knight unit is vampire heavy infantry (graveguard)

Neferata_Mortarch_Of_Blood_art_01.jpg.77e9ecf6bf72a3a5ce89914b2a601bf2.jpg

20211011_202644.jpg.a3afefdce5d54b4e4d2c510bca613608.jpg

20211011_232655.jpg.dd6cbda176b54ab74ed4c0dacc6f8ef8.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Woot! First ten grave guard completed!

I was going to start painting, but I now realize if I don’t push through and build my next ten I’ll never do them. Too much work.

But, I’m really happy with the results. I wanted the size and dynamic poses from the new skellies, with enough difference to be able to tell these are the elites. 

9E24730F-D833-4BC4-9A90-3F0236AC7FD3.jpeg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Ravenborn said:

I was going to start painting, but I now realize if I don’t push through and build my next ten I’ll never do them. Too much work.

But, I’m really happy with the results. I wanted the size and dynamic poses from the new skellies, with enough difference to be able to tell these are the elites. 

Hta's a really nice update to the old Grave Guard! If I didn't know, I would not suspect these guys are not from a "real" kit. I like how you used Idoneth weapons to retain the fantasy look for the Great Wight Blades without having to use the actual weird choppers that Grave Guard always come with.

Question: does anyone know the base size for a zombie dragon? 

I bought myself an early Christmas present, the stormdrake guard. One will become a black dragon for my CoS dark elves, and the other will become a zombie dragon. The base appears to be 70mm x 100mm, which I suspect is smaller than a zombie dragon’s. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ravenborn said:

Question: does anyone know the base size for a zombie dragon? 

I bought myself an early Christmas present, the stormdrake guard. One will become a black dragon for my CoS dark elves, and the other will become a zombie dragon. The base appears to be 70mm x 100mm, which I suspect is smaller than a zombie dragon’s. 

It's 130 mm

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Blast from the past I figure some of you would get a kick out of. 

I'm working on castlevania Styria-themed all female vampire led  Legion of Blood army  (with a Coven throne general), and just got around to assembling and customizing Neferata's Mortarch model from an old Start Collecting Skeleton Horde box I've had kicking around for a few years. Looking at the included paperwork, I realized its from 2015, so pre-AoS. Looking at her old warscroll, its fairly similar to her current AoS one, with one BIG difference. Her old Mortarch of blood power allowed her to summon a Vampire Lord to the battlefield if she slew an enemy hero! Not THAT is a thematic power! Wish she still had that.

Wouldn't it be nice if our vampires could make more vampires, as opposed to just having the hunger... We need a summonable unit of low level vampire thralls or something that you can deploy in reserve and automatically bring in with Endless Legions if one of your vampire units (anything with the vampire keyword) destroyed an enemy unit.

Well, I can dream cant I? 😁

• 3 weeks later...

Please help! - Vengorian lord head. 

Hello fellow SBGL fans. 

I’m looking for some help with a modelling mistake… I’m building a vengorian lord and dry fitted the head to appreciate the model. However on attempting to remove it, to make painting easier, I found it’s actually very hard to do so. After numerous attempts to remove the head using various implements and becoming increasingly frustrated I managed to do so, but in the process I’ve destroyed the detail on the head beyond redemption. 

I have looked online to replace this part with no success, and I could use the Lukai Vai head, but I am very attached to the vengorion lord aesthetic for my army.

I’m hoping some of you wonderful people might have that head spare and would be willing to post it to me. (Of course I would cover any postage and supply a little extra for the effort and the part). I live in the UK.

If anyone reads this and would be sympathetic enough to aid me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by TechnoVampire

On 12/16/2021 at 5:18 AM, Ravenborn said:

Wow. Really nice job! What weapons did you use?