Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

So looks like we might be getting more info one week from today. 

Looks like a Blood Dragon banner, yeah? Also before anyone says anything about how it should be a red banner, there is actually a red banner with the same symbol too, just gotta squint to see it.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/26/warhammer-fest-online-is-next-week-and-its-going-to-be-big/

Screenshot_20210427-001003.png.665f91411879da348c34d6f1704338f1.png

• Like 2

So for AoS iconography there seems to be the Blood Dragon flag and the Hammer of Sigmar Flag for next week.  Wondering if the Hammer is just for 3.0 teasers in general.  Makes a man dream that Soulblight could be the first battletome of 3.0, instead of the last one for 2.0

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Honk said:

Ultra-Troll Mode... Monday is the AoS 3.0 announcement 🥸, just to keep us in despair till Sunday 🤣👍

I'm praying the mystery announcement is like a first look at Cathay or Kislev for Fantasy/Total War. Partly because I actually want to see that, partly because I don't want to wait almost another week.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

full Gravelords line up

That would be a nice thing. Up till now there is a fancy Wight on steed and two mildly deranged vampires. yes new bloodknights 

Cool, but I still hope for more

Question for you guys: Do you think GW will show us some new units for the Gravelords? Obviously I'm all over the updated models like the new Wight King. But so far the only new stuff we've seen are Rat Vampire and the female Vampire with spiky hair. 

If all ghost-type models move over to Nighthaunt I think the army could use a few new units. Obviously the Gravelords won't be starved for diversity like for example Ironjaws but I'm itching to see what GW would envision for our updated Vampire Counts 2.0

We've talked about Vampire infantry. I would also love to see something for the Gravewalkers. Maybe some big flesh golems akin to Zombie-Trolls. And a unit of magic initiates would be cool and thematic. Some Acolytes that can cast a specific spell akin to Doomfire Warlocks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Causalis said:

We've talked about Vampire infantry. I would also love to see something for the Gravewalkers. Maybe some big flesh golems akin to Zombie-Trolls. And a unit of magic initiates would be cool and thematic. Some Acolytes that can cast a specific spell akin to Doomfire Warlocks. 

Personally I am going to not hope for too much.  As much as I would be interested in seeing a whole new swathe of new ideas like you mentioned (seriously everything you mentioned sounds wicked), I am going to set my expectations that they are just going to give the Vampire Counts a new, admittedly beautiful coat of paint, slap on some power creepy rules, and that will be it for the Soulblight Gravelords.  The new skellies and zombies, the vampire lords, the wight king (just updating the old sculpts)...  Maybe a new centerpiece model & maybe a terrain piece.  Personally, I will be surprised if we get Soulblight specific Endless Spells, considering there are already so many Shyish-centric spells already.

Maybe it is a little pessimistic, but hey, if they come out with some huge reinvention, or a bunch of new units that aren't just updates of old models, then I will be ecstatic that GW went above and beyond.

All that being said, the only thing I think I would love to wish list for is a freakin' unit of crossbowmen, lol.

As for what else I think is in the Gravelords line up that we haven't seen, I think Dire Wolves are a safe bet, possibly a new Necromancer model. I don't think there will be any other Cavalry (except for possibly a Hero, would love a Vampire Lord / Blood Knight Hero on Horse). I am hoping for a infantry Vampire unit similar to the Vykos Blood-born. Also a larger more elite unit open too, be it a giant golem type of creature or Vargskyr type. Oh also a center piece model, possible a Vampire Lord (or named Vampire) on Abyssal Terror or something?

15 hours ago, HanShot First said:

Quick question, when’s the new white dwarf come out? I was hoping to pick it up for the fallen rules for 40k on top of the battle reports and stuff.

I don't think for another couple of weeks. Last one came at around two weeks ago I think.

Looking better and better for Gravelords on Monday! 

Ez-4H3YXoAQGenx.jpg.34d326faf55af6c6f8ed5ce203482ac6.jpg

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

As for what else I think is in the Gravelords line up that we haven't seen, I think Dire Wolves are a safe bet, possibly a new Necromancer model. I don't think there will be any other Cavalry (except for possibly a Hero, would love a Vampire Lord / Blood Knight Hero on Horse). I am hoping for a infantry Vampire unit similar to the Vykos Blood-born. Also a larger more elite unit open too, be it a giant golem type of creature or Vargskyr type. Oh also a center piece model, possible a Vampire Lord (or named Vampire) on Abyssal Terror or something?

I'm up for all you said. Especially Blood-Born...they are a unit I never knew I needed in my life before they get revealed. If we don't get Blood Knights on foot, at least we can get the semi-beast-vampires intead.

• Like 1