Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

19 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

Do you happen to know how long warbands tend to stay in production? Was thinking of grabbing them, but was waiting on their AoS rules before committing, I don't know how much play Underworlds gets around my neck of the woods.

for the whole direchasm season, anyway I was talking earlier to my LGS owner and he said that the first wave of the crimson court has been completely sold out. (but he is getting some next week so I am happy) 

They will make more don't worry.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sception said:

Just as a warning, the decorative pins in Gorslav's shoulders are super fragile.  Be very careful clipping him off the sprue & cleaning mold lines, and be extra careful not to bump him or drop anything on him.

Oooh, my crimson Court "pre" order finally shipped!  Looking forward to that.

SNAPPED

2 hours ago, Ahlambra said:

Do you happen to know how long warbands tend to stay in production?

You can still buy the first ever warbands released when the game was released in 2017. You're in no rush. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lare2 said:

You can still buy the first ever warbands released when the game was released in 2017. You're in no rush. 

Good to know, don't know why I had it in my head that the first seasons were oop. Thanks for the clarification.

2 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

first seasons were oop.

You can't use the generic cards from the first season (maybe seasons now as stopped playing when season 3 came out)... maybe that's what you were thinking of. 

49 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Which is great, since even if Warbands are typically bad in regular AoS, they are awesome for cheap heroes, alternate models, and conversions. I plan on buying two more sets of Zarbag's Gitz one day just for AoS and 40k Conversions.

I kind of hope if/when Underworlds gets discontinued (not that it's anytime soon) the character sets stay around and become "true" named characters. Some like Mollog, Fecula Flyblown, and the Crimson Court are ripe for being used outside of Underworlds. Like imagine the Crimson Court acting in the narrative similar to the Council of Sisters from the Castlevania TV series, or Fecula leading a Nurglite host against Gardus. It would be rad.

Where exactly did you read about the dread abyssal being killed?

The only passage if found is this one.. And i think its about the three zombie dragons and the vampire general that charged her🤔 you can even clearly see the zombie dragon in the artwork

20210422_101612.jpg

20210422_102357.jpg

Edited by Aturox
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ahlambra said:

Good to know, don't know why I had it in my head that the first seasons were oop. Thanks for the clarification.

on GW site they just have the bands from current and last season (Direchasm&Beastgrave) previous seasons only  have the models on sale. 

older models are still available as easy to build, online exclusive, kits for each faction. They have no card except their free AoS warscroll since they are not supported in WU.

They have no mention to Shadespire/nightvault, but they are still here.

Edited by ian0delond

20 hours ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I think the ability to run a nearly all Vampire list would be awesome. However, I agree that Blood Knights should be very elite and hard as nails. However their points should reflect that. As you mentioned BK's are very strong and martial warriors. There could be lesser Vampire units, such as the Vyrkos Blood-born that would be significantly weaker than Blood Knights but still fill other less elite rolls in the army while allowing an all Vampire list.

I would like the oppisite approach and be able to field a necromancer-based army. I would love if they made them more than a sidekick that can cast Van Hel's.

• LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

made them more than a sidekick

True...

I hoped for a Soulblight - Deadwalker split, just to give both variants a solid opportunity to shine. Necromancer with constructs and mobs while the vampires are elite with maybe some thralls.

Still hope that both approaches are viable in casual play

1 hour ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

Any speculations on the bloodknights weapon profiles?
Imma say
lances are 2" 3 attacks at 3+/3+ -1 D1 with D2 and perhaps rend -2 on the charge
swords are 4 attacks at 3+/3+ -1 D1 but i would not know if they will get special rules of sort

Maybe lances do as you say and swords do mortals. So long as they are what the article keeps baning on about: ELITE cavalry. 

God the hype train is unreal for me right now. :)

• LOVE IT! 1

A second warscroll for the necromancer would be really nice. Recover again the Master Necromancer figure,  the Liche or even both...

That would give the flexibility to have armies lead by a necromancer. Its kind of weird that this option wasn't available on Legions of Nagash book, were it made more sense than in a vampire book, were it makes more sense to have them as sideckicks so the focus on vampires isn't lost

Edited by Gotz
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, El Syf said:

Maybe lances do as you say and swords do mortals. So long as they are what the article keeps baning on about: ELITE cavalry. 

God the hype train is unreal for me right now. :)

right, several units have some kind of mortal wounds thingy in such a way but if we get loads of attacks it will probably be on 6 to wound

I mean, if we're doing wish list stuff, then my wish list for necromancers is for there to be a version of the mortis engine where the dude on it is a hero and a wizard with actual spellcasting, to be a centerpiece behemoth hero for necromancer themed armies.  I don't really expect that, though.  This book has necromancers going from one of many hero options in legions of nagash back to being the underlings and sidekicks of soulblight heroes in the soulblight faction.  I'm sure they'll still be competent support heroes, but I doubt they'll be built up to take more of a central role than they already have.  Honestly the reverse is more likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

Any speculations on the bloodknights weapon profiles?
Imma say
lances are 2" 3 attacks at 3+/3+ -1 D1 with D2 and perhaps rend -2 on the charge
swords are 4 attacks at 3+/3+ -1 D1 but i would not know if they will get special rules of sort

60868D7F-132A-4506-B6A3-E014A3179F64.jpeg.f75e8159186ae5b560963b4a1153da1a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gotz said:

Recover again the Master Necromancer

With the anvil of apotheosis out there for some time, they should be able to implement some level systems... like in the old days, I‘d love that for vampires too.

also a mortis Engine as „mount“ could be interesting, vamps have „horses/flying/dragon and the throne and palanquin“ something similar could be available for Necromancers. Just listening to Soul Wars and there a necromancer merges with an undead construct...😻

30 minutes ago, Honk said:

With the anvil of apotheosis out there for some time, they should be able to implement some level systems... like in the old days, I‘d love that for vampires too.

also a mortis Engine as „mount“ could be interesting, vamps have „horses/flying/dragon and the throne and palanquin“ something similar could be available for Necromancers. Just listening to Soul Wars and there a necromancer merges with an undead construct...😻

I'm fully expecting for 3.0 a revamped version of Path to Glory, something similar to 40K Crusade system, and integrating the Anvil of Aphoteosis.