Silent People Speculation

Grim Beasties

3 hours ago, Fisher KIng said:

Is broken realms 4 not going to be these guys? 

I don't think so, The Silent People have been proven to be Insectoid and Kragnos definitely doesn't isn't that. He was also trapped under a mountain, where as The Silent People live in the many sentient mountains across Ghur. It could be possible he was trapped in Beastgrave by the amber or Silent People, and now that they left due to the early awakening Kragnos is free. Or they could be entirely unrelated.

27 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

I don't think so, The Silent People have been proven to be Insectoid and Kragnos definitely doesn't isn't that. He was also trapped under a mountain, where as The Silent People live in the many sentient mountains across Ghur. It could be possible he was trapped in Beastgrave by the amber or Silent People, and now that they left due to the early awakening Kragnos is free. Or they could be entirely unrelated.

You could be right but my feeling is that the figure in the video is an on looker and not Kragnos himself. My fond hope is that this heralds a AoS3 starter box of silent ones vs. Kurnothi.  

20 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

I realize bugmen exist but I never really liked Thri-keen I know they do in fact exist but they just seemed like people to me like their culture and ways. Meanwhile Skaven and Lizardmen are both very original in their interrelations of these. Sometimes its not if its never been done before but the combination of everything adding up to make it truly unique its almost impossible to do any sort of original race in terms of looks because its all been done.  The problem is the Thri-Keen were not fleshed out as in depth as they could have been in my opinion like the battle tomes in Sigmar go into so much lore and depth and then the rpg's add to it even more so we get a functioning society for each of these races. It always felt like thri-keen were background race without much depth. 

Lizardmen are just two western takes on South American things smashed together.

"Lost Vale" type stories put dinosaurs surviving in a secluded valley in the Amazon rainforest, combined with stories ascribing weird science and/or prophecy to Aztec/Olmec/Mayan civilisations.

Skaven seem more original, but I haven't looked into them much. Don't like 'em.

On 2/28/2021 at 5:20 PM, novakai said:

i posted it before but this could be an Ur-grub skull here

image.png.92ec359301d56890bfb30119178e1721.png

Very pedantic, I know, but... insectoid creatures don't have internal skeletons. The "skull" of an ur-grub would just be its entire head, the chitinous outer carapace - hollow inside.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kadeton said:

Very pedantic, I know, but... insectoid creatures don't have internal skeletons. The "skull" of an ur-grub would just be its entire head, the chitinous outer carapace - hollow inside.

Not saying that you are wrong  but orruks in 40k are a some type of "fungus" and they have organs and bones.  Even the old warhammer fantasy skeletons have wind instruments to... blow? and other skeletons could hear the sound of it because it helped them to win their fights too.

Vampire Counts Skeleton Warriors | Miniset.net - Miniatures Collectors Guide

I assume that rule of cool prevails over realism.

Edited by Beliman
  • Haha 1

All very fair points! I particularly like skeleton trumpets, since you need both breath and lips to make a trumpet sound. I've always just assumed that the trumpets are inherently magical - they can emit sound (presumably some kind of horrifying, unearthly scream) without actually being blown like a normal trumpet, in a similar way to how a skeleton can move around despite not having any muscles.

Having an exoskeleton and an endoskeleton could help the Silent People overcome the scaling problem that otherwise puts a hard limit on the size of invertebrates before they collapse under their own weight, I suppose! So they wouldn't actually be insectoid but they could still look insectoid, which is the main thing.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

That's clearly a satyr/centaur, keep your sticky multiple limbs far from the new release. 😘

While I find your second remark quite rude, I definitely agree Kragnos is not on of the Silent People and I genuinely don't understand where it came from.

11 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

While I find your second remark quite rude, I definitely agree Kragnos is not on of the Silent People and I genuinely don't understand where it came from.

I think is because it been speculated that Kragnos was buried under  the Beastgrave mountain which is also related  to the Silent people. how they are related and connected is still a bit of a leap by the community

49 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

I was just joking :S

35 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think is because it been speculated that Kragnos was buried under  the Beastgrave mountain which is also related  to the Silent people. how they are related and connected is still a bit of a leap by the community

They are holding our interest, though, so kudos for that.

• Like 1

Noticing a lot of people in the AoS community talking about the Silent People, don't know if this is siginaling a soon release but it does seem like people are into our buggy boys. Which makes me a little hopeful that GW may at least take not of this and do something with them down the line.

Edited by Me-dude-sa
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

I think our most recent rumor indicates that the insect egg is actually a Sprite for a Sylvaneth rather than anything related to the Silent People. 

BRMuln8bfLQiXDny.jpg

image.png.bfc6723c55fc323c5db4e961224e0d9a.png

I can see them being tied together. Possibly the Silent People are related to the Sylvaneth and Kragnos in some unknown way?

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I can see them being tied together. Possibly the Silent People are related to the Sylvaneth and Kragnos in some unknown way?

It's not impossible, but nothing in the lore gives any real tie to either. Even in the Beastgrave novel, the Sylvaneth didn't know much of anything about the Silent People

• Thanks 1