Balewind Vortex getting Squatted?

whiskeytango

They have been doing something with the site though. Lots of weird stuff. Gunhauler wasn’t in the KO section for example. But when you search for it it’s still sold. 
if I search for balewind I also still find the product page. 
my money is on a change in site not an indication of dropping the product (before the next ghb that is. They might just ditch the old for some new endless spells. Pure speculation on my part though)

31 minutes ago, Kasper said:

@Overread Pointed it out a while ago that it was out of stock.

Nobody really knows - It just seems weird to already start phasing endless spells out. I recently just bought one before it went out of stock, and would be annoyed if they suddenly made it illegal for matched play. 

But now it's actively in stock again :D 
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Balewind-vortex-2016

4 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

I believe they are going to re-model it so it has a circular base without all the bits jutting out. And the new one will obviously cost double.

Hope so! Well the first part at least. Makes my conversion idea easier :D 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, whiskeytango said:

Well thats what i noticed, that it only seems to be out of stock or getting the weird page on the US site.

weird stuff. But we’ll see what happens. Wouldn’t surprise me if the current generic endless spells got discontinued and replaced at some point. But that could be next month or in 2 years for all we know 🤷‍♀️

I just converted my Balewind to be the bottom half of my custom Lord of Change, naturally to be more flamey for my Eternal Conflagration.

I used it a couple times but it never really helped me out very much.  It's really good with a Fungoid Shaman with the SkrapSkuttle Arachancauldron though.  I got hit with that guy once.

• Like 2

The problem is many armies that can use it with a "balanced" benefit don't want it b.c of reliability, like BoC for example. Having a hero near the heardstone with it is very strong. You don't see it in BoC b.c their spells are to hard to get off and to easy to stop, with 0 ways to improve their casts having a 50/50 just sucks. I would LOVE to have Grashak casting the +1 to hit at 24" and then able to cast other spells.. but with 0 support it never works (its the only thing i don't like about BoC, i just want a relic or a way to get +1 to casts). I also would like my old Tidecaster to have been able to use it, but again very little buffs to help it without wasting a relic or a trait that are way more important for helping the rest of my army so i'll never go that route.

Edited by Maddpainting
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weird they never put it up in Last Chance.

I'd like it back but with so much new terrain, scenery and Endless Spells being pumped out already i'm not shocked older kits fall through the cracks.

Hopefully they release a 2.0 version when the lore focus swings back around to Chaos on the attack again.

3 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Read somewhere that it was one of the China produced kits. Propably GW assumes a longer period in which they won´t be able to restock them, so they moved them from the shop. MAybe there will be a new kit soon.

All endless spells and terrain are chinese kits.

• Like 1

It popular b.c a large amount of Seraphon and DoT uses it, they both gain summoning points for taking it. So while it is a popular Spell, its mostly really just 2 armies.

Also they most likely just can't order/make more for now b.c China. Many miniature companies are suffering right now b.c of it, heck many companies in general are.