Wrath of the Everchosen New Subfactions

Dreadmund

This new book had kind of flown under my radar until I saw the picture that Ben Johnson posted teasing a new subfaction for Nurgle (below). Apparently the book contains 13 new subfactions for all flavours of chaos armies, so I thought it would be good to have a place to discuss them as we learn more. Personally I'm hoping for a Tzeentch faction that gives bonuses to endless spell use, and for a Nurgle Daemons subfaction that will breathe some fresh life into my Daemons army which I've had to shelve for now because they just feel useless compared to mortals. It seems like a cool way to refresh a lot of factions at once! I'd love to see books that includes new subfactions for the other grand alliances too.

What are you hoping to see for your allegiance?

FB_IMG_1580153284647_jpg_d42cdc49a392ef33744aab9c97af3c98.jpg

13 minutes ago, Dreadmund said:

What are you hoping to see for your allegiance?

Something for the skaven.

It would be great to have something like a battailon or even just some kind of a sub-faction rule for the Verminus part of the skaven race.

if something  liekwise will be the case is something I really don’t know.

I’m not even sure if the skaven are considered as a chaos faction in the the case when Gw announced the new booklet having rules for all chaos factions.

11 hours ago, Maddpainting said:

Beastmen are most likely just the one, Flayed, as there is a odd flavor of subfaction in old world called The Flayed.

But i could be wrong and they don't care about that small bit of lore.

There’s a Flayed tribe in the Khorne Battletome too. Not sure if it’s more than just a paint scheme that’s in there though.

12 hours ago, KoalaSnok said:

Would it make sense if Knights of the Empty Throne was StD or at least Varanspire related seeing as Archaon never spends any time sitting on his throne?

Yeah, I was thinking it would be a Varanguard focused STD subfaction.

17 hours ago, Forrix said:

One Last Gift is great and basically what the Nurgle DP's command ability should have been errata'd to. Though I'm also wondering if One Last Gift is a mistake and they'll errata it to uselessness.

This one seems way more manageable. It would be hard to get more than 1 unit of Plaguebearers wholly within range of your general,  it doesn't stack, it activates on wounds not hits so it triggers less and it's only 1 damage and because it only works on Daemons, you lack the superior combat potential of something like Marauders. If they nerfed this, I would take it as further evidence that GW hate Nurgle, and only use their battletome as a way to trick people into buying StD and Skaven models.

12 minutes ago, Dreadmund said:

This one seems way more manageable. It would be hard to get more than 1 unit of Plaguebearers wholly within range of your general,  it doesn't stack, it activates on wounds not hits so it triggers less and it's only 1 damage and because it only works on Daemons, you lack the superior combat potential of something like Marauders. If they nerfed this, I would take it as further evidence that GW hate Nurgle, and only use their battletome as a way to trick people into buying StD and Skaven models.

I think it's Hits not wounds but still all your other arguments are valid and it's no way near as strong as old STD DP with D3 for each 6 on a unit like marauders plus charging plus teleporting options etc. 

This one will be very tricky to get a good use out of it. The daemon unit needs to stay wholly within 12 of the general. And don't forget its not very good usable with our strongest artefact the witherstave - reroll hits on 6.

For Slaanesh, maybe there'll be some use in the new invaders host ability. With the cogs (cast by the epitome), there's a guarantee they can first turn charge; they don't do a tonne of damage (even with 6s being 3 hits), but teleporting them without needing to use a spell is pretty useful just to tie up the opponent and remove screens.

Screenshot_20200131-094152_Facebook.jpg

On 1/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, willange said:

Sadly (as a BoC main), I doubt we'll see any Beasts subfactions.  I think this book will focus on the main 4 gods plus StD, leaving anything covered in fur out to fend for itself.

This....

Where are my werewolfs, bearmen, boarmen, batmen, harpies, and whole dozen of another similar Beastmen ? Heck we know for a fact there are even underwater Beastmen, just like there are underwater Sylvaneth. Sigh >___>

I am not a greedy person. If there was just one BoC themed thing otu of all of these stating that "BoC Army with this keyword gains Monsters of Chaos keyword" meaning we can ally the fun stuff in (raptorix fried chicken huzzah!) thats all I would ask for...

Edited by Myrdin