Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

I really love all this new craziness the aelves had. Really brings it to AoS!

also can make some pretty funny jokes on it.

"I have existed for eons in your realm. I go by many names, and all thou has to do is choose one."

"Stone Daddy"

"Not that one"

"Hah! foolish spawn of Teclis! You are fighting in the Umbral plains of Gol-dash! there is no mountain for leagues for you to draw power from!"

"don't worry, we brought our own"

Teclis: "Listen closely, my apprentices. In Addition to Wind, I shall teach you the many forms of our magic. for the Earth Element, we have mountain. For the Light and fire, we have Zenith. and for the element of water we have-"

Aelf: "The Ocean aspect!"

--ZAAAAAAAAAP--

Teclis: "Ahem. For the element of water, we have the River aspect of course. And nothing else."

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, elfhead said:

Looks like it could work. Allthough the handle would be a bit to long.

I’m thinking maybe swapping the hammerheads for axes or making them into halberd and swapping te heads for Phoenix guard heads 

3 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

My only issue with replacing the hammer with a sword is that the hilt will be too long. An ax on the other hand white lions style.

It's not my edit, I just found it online, but you guys are definitely right about axes instead of a sword. Would look pretty nice with an intricate fancy axe head.

2 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

You do realise that a flamberge is just a regular greatsword with a wavy blade.  It's not any longer in the hilt than a normal greatsword. you may be thinking of the swordstaff.

Flamberge have a longer handle than regular two handed swords plus ypu have to take into consideration their metallic part where you could hase put your hand to grab them, between the handle and the blade.

4 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

With a shorter curved blade you could code them as nagamaki equivalent.

Actually perfect

2 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Flamberge have a longer handle than regular two handed swords plus ypu have to take into consideration their metallic part where you could hase put your hand to grab them, between the handle and the blade.

Actually perfect

Flamberge directly referres to a flame-blade (see fig 1), it was made that way to try and reduce the issue of fighting in formation and does not necessarly have a longer hit as it was used on both greatswords and rapiers.

flamberge rapier.jpg

Not going to lie, the cow head helmets turn me right off.  I actually really like the mountain spirits themselves, but those helmets are just about the dumbest thing ever.  I don't care how strong you train your neck muscles, those things would break your neck with one wrong twist.  There is fantastical aesthetic, and then there is stuff that is too far fetched that just breaks your immersion.  Green stuff tassels it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I’m really wondering how wide the range will be. On the community side the article is introduced like this: 

The Lumineth Realm-lords are already shaping up to be an incredible army, but so far we’ve only dipped our toe into the new range of models. Let’s shine a light on a bit more…

But I really can’t imagine that they have that many models for each of the 4 elements (spirit, mage/hero, elite). 

• Like 1

It would be almost unprecedented if all of the infantry kits we have seen thus far are not duel kits. I have a strong feeling that the alarith stonemage and Stoneguard are duel kits able to represent other geomantic spirits with alternate heads and weapons.

What is most telling is that the only place on either of those kits you see the symbol of the mountain is on the heads, and staff. No where on all of their robes or armor can we see the rune of the mountain, which seems really odd unless those kits are a generic base intended for multiple builds. 

• Like 3

Death Player here. I adore these new models (although my Dwarven friends despise them, haha). I already liked Teclis and the Hollow Knight, but with today's release, I'm halfway sold. Since y'all are probably already more invested, will there be other elements too? Fire, Frost, (-Phoenix)? I always loved the Aspects Eldar have and if there's old Fire and Ice with a bit of Earth now, I'd really love to play these.