Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I could see the Aleguzzler keeping his keywords. He could remain a Mercenary able to be taken by all Destruction and Chaos with his variant. As for the Bonegrinder if they make a new plastic kit for him I could see him just remaining with the Sons. Hell actually if he doesnt get one they could change him to being allowed only with the Sons.

If they do keep the GSG keyword on some of the gargants that could be an indirect buff to GSG. We'll see. I doubt the 18th is going to do massive reveals.

38 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

If they do keep the GSG keyword on some of the gargants that could be an indirect buff to GSG. We'll see. I doubt the 18th is going to do massive reveals.

Probably nothing too major, I just hope for more Sons. A silhouette next to Aleguzzler for scale is all I need.

they probably have to keep the GSG keyword on Aleguzzler since they written rules that allow them to be use in the Troggherd battalion. it not a really good battalion and the Gargants are not require to run it but it be weird to take that option away at this point.

whether the newer Gargants can be ally in other destruction faction or have Freeblade rules to be played into other alligances remains to be seen

• Like 1

With all the talk about the Gloomspite Aleguzzler I think it is worth pointing out that there is no reason at all that they have to change the Gloomspite warscroll or share any keywords with units from Sons of Behemat.  They can easily use the Aleguzzler kit for a Sons of Behemat unit and simply rename it and give it a new warscroll.  They have already effectively done that with the Chaos Gargant in Beasts of Chaos that uses this same model.  

My guess is that if they do reuse the Aleguzzler model that they will simply give it a new warscroll for this army. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

With all the talk about the Gloomspite Aleguzzler I think it is worth pointing out that there is no reason at all that they have to change the Gloomspite warscroll or share any keywords with units from Sons of Behemat.  They can easily use the Aleguzzler kit for a Sons of Behemat unit and simply rename it and give it a new warscroll.  They have already effectively done that with the Chaos Gargant in Beasts of Chaos that uses this same model.  

My guess is that if they do reuse the Aleguzzler model that they will simply give it a new warscroll for this army. 

true though it mean they get stuck with current Drunken stagger rules (assuming that something they are changing when Gargants come out.) but it not really a big deal if Gloomspite Aleguzzler stay as they are (unreliable) and Son of Behamat Aleguzzler are stronger

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

true though it mean they get stuck with current Drunken stagger rules (assuming that something they are changing when Gargants come out.) but it not really a big deal if Gloomspite Aleguzzler stay as they are (unreliable) and Son of Behamat Aleguzzler are stronger

It would mean that the Gloomspite version would be stuck with Drunken Stagger.  Since Night Goblins (now Moonclan) are my favorite army of all-time in any game I would be quite happy if the Aleguzzler Gloomspite Gargant was improved in any way.  But honestly, I am holding the expectation that it won't be changed until they rewrite the Gloomspite book a couple years down the road.

34 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

I've written an article that you guys might be interested in 👍

https://t.co/FN18N9YvAL

Love hearing from a fellow Gargant lover. I fell in love with the Marauder Giant over 20 years ago, hell maybe even closer to 30 now (Since when were the 90s twenty years ago?) And have been an avid Giant lover ever since. Love your article mate.

• Thanks 1

Kraken eater has a pew pew! Hopefully boulders will be thrown in as well if you know what I’m saying.

now we just need a rule so leak! Lol

these giant look like they kept the original in mind, you could easily make a chaos gargant, and now the option for order and even death gargants is possible (but death will need some more converting then then others me thinks.) 

it does seem like this is our only model add on this time, so no king Brodd?

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer

41 minutes ago, novakai said:

that is very good size too, they are very huge

I'm in awe of their size.

41 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

Kraken eater has a pew pew! Hopefully boulders will be thrown in as well if you know what I’m saying.

now we just need a rule so leak! Lol

these giant look like they kept the original in mind, you could easily make a chaos gargant, and now the option for order and even death gargants is possible (but death will need some more converting then then others me thinks.) 

it does seem like this is our only model add on this time, so no king Brodd?

I'm wondering if in time they will release a Leader/King Brodd model later on or perhaps as we have DOK in Warcry now we will have a Gargant Warband? If not these are already more than enough for myself!!

5 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Oooh, these gargants look gorgeous! Well, as gorgeous as a hulking wall of angry flesh can be gorgeous. I love how they have been designed with the Alegizzlers in mind!

They are mind boggling beautiful. My god the detail is off the chain and I will never do them justice but good god they are absolutely incredible!!

• Like 1

Freakin awesome! This is a really nice take on the older kit, a good evolution that still works next to it. We are going to see some crazy stuff from people when its out, seeing the amount of golden demon winners in the past that used the giant model.