Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kenshin620

AoS 2 - Pointy Aelves ("High Elves") Discussion (name tbd!)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Teclis and his army is coming spring 2020! Let the speculation begin!

 

Edited by kenshin620

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the range is going to be fairly large / pricey based on some comments an in the know friend passed on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine it's similar pricing scheme like bonereapers. I'm curious though if phoenix guard are at all going to be involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So unbelievably hyped about this! I fell in love with the old high elf range right when they got squatted in July, and since then crawling on eBay to find the old models has been a challenge.

It’s interesting to me that the teaser video explicitly showed off the old high / dark elf concept art — they’re obviously not going to retread old territory but it’ll be interesting to see the evolution of the aesthetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just glad I held on to the 2 Spire of Dawn boxes I bought when they first came out.  Hopefully, they'll slot right in - they are marked AOS after all.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok, I'm super pumped for this. Anyone know of any decent fb pages for aelves? Had a quick look but couldn't find anything. 

Edited by lare2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ******,

 

I was so disappointed this morning when the only thing for AoS was a campaign supplement (even if it had rules for sieges in it)

But this is almost what I wanter to see today! I only wish there was a full army shot for it, but this is flipping amazing. My idoneth are going to get absolutely jealous with how much I am looking forward to this new army.

  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

Oh ******,

 

I was so disappointed this morning when the only thing for AoS was a campaign supplement (even if it had rules for sieges in it)

But this is almost what I wanter to see today! I only wish there was a full army shot for it, but this is flipping amazing. My idoneth are going to get absolutely jealous with how much I am looking forward to this new army.

Two sides of the same coin!  I don't rate the chances of them being allies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As old fantasy lover i have dispossesed but after the huge nerfs of the ****** worst battletome of the history(city of sigmar) i started to build at the same time two new armys of fyreslayers and kharadrons but........if those new elfs are even some close aestetical of olf elfs.......i wont can resist and i gona get them instant.

 

But seeing as it is a teclis army i think that those gonna be a almost 100% old elfs,swordmasters,archers,lancers etc with a better and actual look but same aestetical. And then in a future we gonna get the tyrions elfs,that gonna be angelic elfs.

 

So for fantasy fans we have teclis elfs that gonna be old high elfs and for those aos fans tyrions elfs that gonna be some weird and overloaded minis as every aos new army.

 

Everybody wins and can choose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does anyone think there wil be some twist to them? i do

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fellman said:

does anyone think there wil be some twist to them? i do

Yeah, I agree. Unless the slaanesh corruption has some how been purged entirely. 

 

4 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I don't rate the chances of them being allies.

I think they will be allies. Ionrach Deepkin would definitely ally with them. Also recent deepkin lore makes them more friendly towards Tyrion and Teclis than before. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fellman said:

does anyone think there wil be some twist to them? i do

Definitely, I don't think they'll be able to get rid of the taint completely but I do think whatever form it takes will be acceptable to Tyrion and Teclis. I also think they could potentially be the least affected by the corruption taking into account what Teclis learned from the Idoneth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I think they will be allies. Ionrach Deepkin would definitely ally with them. Also recent deepkin lore makes them more friendly towards Tyrion and Teclis than before. 

 I suppose that Teclis is more forgiving of the Idoneth now that He has proper Aelves, and the Idoneth are more forgiving as he is still the father of their race.  I haven't read much since the IDK tome came out, but as we now have a moving timeline, it makes sense that their relationship would change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we expect them to absorb any existing models? Similar to how Daughters of Khaine absorbed witch aelves and the avatar of khaine. I’m a terribly slow painter and would love a head start if possible.

Suuuper excited about these guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ggom said:

Do we expect them to absorb any existing models? Similar to how Daughters of Khaine absorbed witch aelves and the avatar of khaine. I’m a terribly slow painter and would love a head start if possible.

Suuuper excited about these guys.

Doubtful since they relegated most to Cities of sigmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How will the existing free city non-idoneth non-DoK aelves feel about these new guys?

Seems like it’d be... awkward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Sunchaser said:

Doubtful since they relegated most to Cities of sigmar

Eh, I don't think that means anything one way or another. There are virtually no unsquatted models that aren't assigned to some battletome or another, now. Doesn't mean they can't be repurposed the same way every Death Battletome after LoN has been stealing models from LoN.

It's obvious now that the reason they squatted 90% of the High Elf range is because there was a replacement coming in ~6 months. Which is what I said back when it happened.

Basically only Phoenix Temple was spared, for only two reasons I can think of:

1. They wanted to keep the rad phoenix models to use for the new Hysh Aelves. Plausible, I think, though I personally don't think the Phoenix Guard models hold up super well.

2. Because Phoenicium was one of the six cities, with it's entire theme being Phoenix Temple, they couldn't really remove them. Slightly less plausible, as I think they could have replaced Phoenicium with a different City if that was the only thing keeping redundant skus alive.

 

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madmac said:

Eh, I don't think that means anything one way or another. There are virtually no unsquatted models that aren't assigned to some battletome or another, now. Doesn't mean they can't be repurposed the same way every Death Battletome after LoN has been stealing models from LoN.

It's obvious now that the reason they squatted 90% of the High Elf range is because there was a replacement coming in ~6 months. Which is what I said back when it happened.

Basically only Phoenix Temple was spared, for only two reasons I can think of:

1. They wanted to keep the rad phoenix models to use for the new Hysh Aelves. Plausible, I think, though I personally don't think the Phoenix Guard models hold up super well.

2. Because Phoenicium was one of the six cities, with it's entire theme being Phoenix Temple, they couldn't really remove them. Slightly less plausible, as I think they could have replaced Phoenicium with a different City if that was the only thing keeping redundant skus alive.

 

The phoenix guard are a bit old in style, but the phienixes themselves are very modern sculpts. Maybe they will be used in the new army?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as Teclis is making them his personal force, and also being from the realm of wisdom/knowledge, I wander if they’ll have a strong magic theme. And/or if they’ll follow the old High Elf theme of being elite badasses. 

Whatever they do I am unbelievably excited. Wanted these dudes since the very first tidbit about Teclis And Tyrion being the Gods of the Realm of Light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no words to say how happy i am!

If they use Phoenix Temple and some of the classic models revamped (like swordmasters) i can use my older but painted models until i grab some new ones!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the old range might come back or be remade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I'm concerned, so long as there is a unit of Aelves with spear and bow, or armoured Aelves with two-handed sword, or mounted Aelves with lance (or bow), it doesn't really matter what they call them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

If they use Phoenix Temple and some of the classic models revamped (like swordmasters) i can use my older but painted models until i grab some new ones!

I am cautious about this idea as it assumes the scale between the models will remain the same. I hope everything is maintained at 25 mm base, but if it isn't, I hope the book will be flexible when it comes to allies. It feels really nice to play with and against a painted army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...