AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

On 10/14/2019 at 10:13 AM, Mcthew said:

The poses are not organic enough for my liking, and would look more at home in a kid's video game

Other than "kid's" I think you've actually hit on what I really like about them. Between Stormcast and Bonereapers, I feel like Darksiders (video game) has come to life on the table top, and I love it!

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Sandor said:

Just wanted to share an image of the entire model range i've stitched together.

Base sizes are just my own personal guesses for the most part, so if you dislike my guesses, please ignore them.

Hope you enjoy and get a good overview of the entire unit range of the army (of what we know).

I know people don't like the mortek guard being on a 25mm base, but this was confirmed at the Nova Open as they were on display.

OssiarchBonereapersArmy.png

Haven't seen it all laid out like this before! VERY cool!

Any closeups of the Mortisan Boneshaper bottom? Google isn't bringing up a thing?!

Paint scheme variety would go a long way, sometimes you can't tell how good something is or whether you want something until you've seen a non-box scheme that resonates with you. For example, non Hammers-SCE is something that people like.

Edited by Indecisive

1 minute ago, michu said:

IIRC it was the same person that made those unofficial NOVA photos said he made a mistake.

I don’t remember ever seeing that, but those NOVA photos clearly show a character on a 32mm next to them and they have smaller bases. Also we have a side by side comparison from official photos earlier in the thread that shows pretty clearly they’re on 25mm. Maybe they’re 28mm if the stalkers are on a 60mm base. But definitely not 32s

I was hoping so. One of the leaked images from the book apparantly shows the Kavalos guys have a command ability that adds 1 attack in the shooting phase. Wondering if that's just for the Crawler, or if any of the currently revealed units have non-modelled missile options like gazes or breath attacks?

1 minute ago, Tronhammer NZ said:

One of the leaked images from the book apparantly shows the Kavalos guys have a command ability that adds 1 attack in the shooting phase

Would be kinda weird for him to have that, considering that he looks like a frontline hero, not one to sit back and buff a Crawler

Is anyone else surpeised that the soulmason is a generic hero?  To me, with the elevated throne, fancy hat, extra arms, confident smirk, and passive pose, the model just feels too special not to be a special character.

And imo the hero lineup would have made more sense, as we'd have fighty hero (cavalry), support hero (coffin), offensive mage (scythe), and support mage (boneshaper).  Then there'd be three special characters, matching the nighthaunts, with a faction leader, a fighty special character, and a casty special character, one combining offensive and support magic.

I love the soulmason, but making it a generic hero really throws off the balance, imo.  Plus, while I love the model singularly, I can hardly imagine running multiples of it.

Edited by Sception

He might well have started life as a character and then become generic later. 

As for running more than one its really hard to say at present since we don't know the rules nor points. At present we only know that he might well be good for supporting the artillery which suggests you might well only need one of him in a supporting role. 

1 minute ago, Indecisive said:

Now that the release isn't so far off, what are your must gets and will skips?
Like, top 3 models you wanna buy and the 3 you're almost guaranteed to walk past.

I'll buy everything. But will start with a battletome and Mortarch

3 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Like, top 3 models you wanna buy and the 3 you're almost guaranteed to walk past.

I’ll also be getting everything, but love the necropolis stalkers the most followed by the riders and all heroes.

14 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

If I were to start the army the must haves would be the Harvester and Katakros. Obviously the Battleline unit as well. I think I'd pretty much skip completely on the cavalry though.

Oh and another must have would be lots of proper skulls, a hobby knife and greenstuff...

10 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Want:

1. Mortek Crawler

2. Gothizzar Harvester

3. katakros

Dont want:

1. Mortek Guard

2. Coffin guy

3. Kavalos death riders.

Rules will probably change this as I’m fully aware that if I stick to this I won’t have any battleline units! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Syf said:

Rules will probably change this as I’m fully aware that if I stick to this I won’t have any battleline units! 

Well, for all we know there could be a Gristlegore equivalent in there!

Personally I'll get everything, like I did with NH. 

Edited by Sällsam