The Painting Contract - September 2019

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for September 2019!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe &  @TheOtherJosh

Edited by TheOtherJosh

Too quiet ... let’s get stuff started!

It’s been crazy getting settled after a move ... but I’m going to get the following done:

two Shadespire war bands built (waiting for the contrast paint primer to get back in stock ... facepalm)

paint at least one hero for Warhammer Quest...

Stretch Goal:

Paint More Kairic Acolytes...

I have very little time in september, so.

If I have access to CoS:

6 demigryph knights all kitted out.

Griffins have a rider.

General with the most interesting loadout available in the new warscroll.

If not:

3 more Demigryphs without riders.

Rocket battery with crew.

Volley gun with crew.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

Hmmm. Either I plough on with my Skaven, or I switch gears and try and make some progress with my Deepkin. 

I think I should stick to the rats, or I'll never get anything finished. So, with that in mind:

- 20 Clanrats (Horned Rat's blessings upon Contrast)

- finish Clawlord

- finish Arch Warlock

- finish Warlock Bombardier

- make a start airbrushing primary colours onto Stormfiends and Verminlord Warpseer

- airbrush primary colours onto Gnawholes

• Like 1

Continuing my Warcry work from last month. 

1) Paint: Untamed Beasts

2) Build and Paint: Corvus Cabal.

3) Build and Paint: A second Ravaged Lands set.

Stretch: Build and Paint Knight of Shrouds (May swap him with the Ravaged Lands set). Build Cypher Lords, or Splintered Fangs. Sooo anyone do commission mold-line removal... anyone?

• Like 1

Getting ready for the local annual AoS tourney this month (deadline sept 21st!) 
I have had a bit of a head start, but aiming to finish my Idoneth Deepkin army before the tourney, or at least as much as I can!

Army consists of:

2x 10 namarti thralls

2x10 namarti reavers

2 x9 akhelian morsarr guards

1 x tidecaster

1x soulscryer

1x soulrender

2 x gloomtide shipwrecks

Extras (in case I want to switch lists):

2 x 3 ishlaenn guards

1 x 20 eternal guards (models arriving this week)

1 x akhelian king

Army WIP (finished assembling and priming a couple weeks ago, finished airbrushing my morsarr and namarti skin last night). 

S__16506907.jpg.8396a43e2fdcb0a0fa3be2e02c7d664f.jpgS__16310323.jpg.00cc02948cfb24f4ede6a06ea97dce81.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 9/1/2019 at 5:58 AM, Pieter H.T. said:

I am a new player/painter so I can not guarantee I'll finish all of it but I'll get started on the Soul War box I got. We will see how far I will get.

Building and priming are all part of the painting process as well. So don’t sell yourself short! Is your set already built?

If not, what’s striking your fancy for the Soul Wars box? Nighthaunt or Stormcast? 

On 9/1/2019 at 11:58 AM, Pieter H.T. said:

I am a new player/painter so I can not guarantee I'll finish all of it but I'll get started on the Soul War box I got. We will see how far I will get.

Don't stress yourself to get everything done. It's a hobby, it's supposed to be fun. Seeing how far you'll get is exactly the right way of going about it.

One thing I would advise, is to use "zentihal highlighting". You prime your mini grey, then spray white from the top. This makes for easy shading, and does not take much skill or time.

Then paint the model as you would otherwise.

Start with a model you like, but is not a leader. You will make a massive improvement in the first models, but you also want to work on something you like.

• Like 1

Hmmm, as I'm taking some minies with me on vacation might as well make a pledge:

I'll paint a Cogsmith and to try figure out Greywater Fastness paint scheme with the help of 6 brave Hellstorm Battery crew members

I'll also at least start painting Garrek's Reavers

• Like 1

My first time entering here. I will endeavor to finish the things I need to enable a Soulblight list that I want to run in a tournament at the start of October.

I pledge to build and paint the following. 🧛‍♂️

• 1 Vampire Lord
  • 10 Blood Knights
  • 6 Vargheists
  • 3 Fell Bats
  • 2 Bat Swarms

I will also raise the stakes and go for HARD MODE: the blood knights have just been shipped to me from various places around the world and I probably won't have them for another week or two. My saving grace is that I know exactly how I'm going to paint everything, since it's just more of the same of what I've already got.  🦇

Edited by TMS
  • Like 3

Had no time at all this month so far, but for the next three weeks I probably will have more time:

- Finish chainrasp from soulwars, 10 left of which 5 done for more than 50%

Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed

I hope to finish more of Soul wars, but above is the minimum goal for now, 

• Like 1