The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

True, but what self-respecting minion of Nagash would have green grass on their base? :-)

The green grass/base is what makes me think aelves as well.  The blue gems also suggests Order I think.  

Was hopeful for Slaanesh or Vampire at first but I'm guessing aelf based on the "cheery" gems and bright base.

58 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I think the pattern on the left looks a fair bit old world dark elf.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shadowkin close on the heel of Arcanites, being the second faction teased/previewed in Silver Tower and all.

So is there hope for devoted of sigmar? Since they got a whole new hero character? I sound like a broken record but I would go with them as the "Human" faction they sit in that high fantasy chair quite well. 

Edited by shinros

13 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

Another thought, what if they are supposed to be small mirrors on the "cloak" reflecting the sky?  Does that suggest anything in particular?

Tzeentchs palace of mirrors?

Cant remember id thats what is called exactly but Tzeentchs fortress definatly has something like that and has used mirrors as a theme quite often.

I also think that the aesthetic fits the past few releases.

Wouldnt be surprised if they were all linked.

Edited by KHHaunts

1 hour ago, KHHaunts said:

Cant remember id thats what is called exactly but Tzeentchs fortress definatly has something like that and has used mirrors as a theme quite often.

I also think that the aesthetic fits the past few releases.

There are over 17 mirrors in the mirror realm!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

Every room decorated by Slaanesh, ever. ;)

3 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

Yeah I think your right. one, maybe two faction. If only one I suspect a start collecting box. If two start collecting + a starter box? We'll see but thats were i'm placing my bets. 

Edited by Kramer

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Every room decorated by Slaanesh, ever. ;)

Yeah I think your right. one, maybe two faction. If only one I suspect a start collecting box. If two start collecting + a starter box? We'll see but thats were i'm placing my bets. 

Yeah i think people need to remember that its likely GW will create new versions already existing rolls.

When they made ironjaws they made a weirdnob shaman rather than remoddelling the standard ork shaman.

The chances are this new model could be a new type of tzeenth sorceror or perhaps the 'Totem' model that each army seems to get.

Dark Eldar and Dark Evles use that scheme too.  Everything up until this one "seems" to be Duardin/Tzeentch related.  The keys are a little iffy, but plausible.  I just don't expect a feminine style cloak for Tzeentch.  

If this is all one box set to launch the next campaign it could be a character from a different faction for giggles.  It will be really interesting to see all the reveals.

1 minute ago, daedalus81 said:

Dark Eldar and Dark Evles use that scheme too.  Everything up until this one "seems" to be Duardin/Tzeentch related.  The keys are a little iffy, but plausible.  I just don't expect a feminine style cloak for Tzeentch.  

If this is all one box set to launch the next campaign it could be a character from a different faction for giggles.  It will be really interesting to see all the reveals.

Perhaps it's clear tzeentch is going to lead into the aelves and slaanesh story wise. 

So, in the comments of our show this week and in the Facebook group I suggested that we might be looking at a Death-aligned Shadowkin faction under Malarion or Morathi.  Obviously the pattern looks dark aelves/shadowkin but the purple is that of the priests of Morr and similar death aligned stuff from prior lines.  The gems obviously look aelven.   Narratively, my rationale was that the turn towards Death makes a lot of sense. With so many elves having perished and slaanesh having bloated himself with elf souls, it would make sense for Malerion, after capturing Slaanesh, to try to extract the souls of the aelves from slaanesh, hence the return-them-at-all-costs turn towards Death (manipulation of death magic). They would likely have an affinity for ethereal undead, which has a close tie with shadow (Malerion's home and power source). Functionally, this would expand Death (much needed) and give them "living allies" that breaks up the Nagash unified dominance of the faction.

Interestingly, a source seemingly in the know said I was really close.  I bantered a bit with them but they ultimately said they couldn't say more but to check out the Mistweaver from Silver Tower more closely because there are hints there. Then I looked at the mist coming out of the staff (posted by another person), see below.  This theory might have some legs. So, Death-aligned shadowkin coming to a store near you in the coming (6?) months (maybe?). 

15442305_10154841203696214_5714385200828026577_n.jpg

Edited by Thomas Lyons
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

So, in the comments of our show this week and in the Facebook group I suggested that we might be looking at a Death-aligned Shadowkin faction under Malarion or Morathi.  Obviously the pattern looks dark aelves/shadowkin but the purple is that of the priests of Morr and similar death aligned stuff from prior lines.  The gems obviously look aelven.   Narratively, my rationale was that the turn towards Death makes a lot of sense. With so many elves having perished and slaanesh having bloated himself with elf souls, it would make sense for Malerion, after capturing Slaanesh, to try to extract the souls of the aelves from slaanesh, hence the return-them-at-all-costs turn towards Death (manipulation of death magic). They would likely have an affinity for ethereal undead, which has a close tie with shadow (Malerion's home and power source). Functionally, this would expand Death (much needed) and give them "living allies" that breaks up the Nagash unified dominance of the faction.

Interestingly, a source seemingly in the know said I was really close.  I bantered a bit with them but they ultimately said they couldn't say more but to check out the Mistweaver from Silver Tower more closely because there are hints there. Then I looked at the mist coming out of the staff (posted by another person), see below.  This theory might have some legs. So, Death-aligned shadowkin coming to a store near you in the coming (6?) months (maybe?). 

This sounds so plausible and compelling as a storyline that it's just got to be at least partly right!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I look at that picture and think "Slaanesh" ;) 

• Like 2