The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

I wonder what armies GW is going to bring out after the orcs/moonclan. The chance of it being another destruction army seems rather low., but it would be cool.  Maybe some sort of soup battletome for all destruction  ala LoN.

I could see Shadespire warbands for the new factions, a new double kit for AoS phase 1 new factions (ironjawz, KO...). And beyond Darkoath, you could imagine skaven.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

I wonder what armies GW is going to bring out after the orcs/moonclan. The chance of it being another destruction army seems rather low., but it would be cool.  Maybe some sort of soup battletome for all destruction  ala LoN.

If we’re lucky a skaven release (still hoping for that delicious mixed battletome)

skaven are coming, i can see-smell them, Yes-yes

Edited by Skreech Verminking

This is entirely speculative: not even a rumour, just what “makes sense” in a more sort of way - War Hounds aka World Eaters vs Space Wolves in a new “Dark Imperium” style box. 

Ive heard strong rumors Angron is coming out in Christmas, and Leman Russ allegedly as well - the two have a strong rivalry, one being the obedient executioners of the Emperor and one whom the Emperor just couldn’t quite trust as much, both excel in melee, Wulfen from the warp after a time are almost Khorne Berzerkers. 

A Christmas box set of World Eaters vs Space Wolves with Leman Russ and Angron dueling coming out of the warp, fighting tooth and claw whilst their armies battle around them would make for a sick box set (Primarchs not included, like how Guilliman was separate from Dark Imperium). 

Any basis in this speculation? What do you guys think? 

3 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

This is entirely speculative: not even a rumour, just what “makes sense” in a more sort of way - War Hounds aka World Eaters vs Space Wolves in a new “Dark Imperium” style box. 

Ive heard strong rumors Angron is coming out in Christmas, and Leman Russ allegedly as well - the two have a strong rivalry, one being the obedient executioners of the Emperor and one whom the Emperor just couldn’t quite trust as much, both excel in melee, Wulfen from the warp after a time are almost Khorne Berzerkers. 

A Christmas box set of World Eaters vs Space Wolves with Leman Russ and Angron dueling coming out of the warp, fighting tooth and claw whilst their armies battle around them would make for a sick box set (Primarchs not included, like how Guilliman was separate from Dark Imperium). 

Any basis in this speculation? What do you guys think? 

While a WE release is not out of the question, there doesn't seem to be many current rumour engines pointing to Khorne stuff, but there are many pointing towards Slaanesh. Would seem odd to release WE and EC close together - not impossible, just odd. 

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

While a WE release is not out of the question, there doesn't seem to be many current rumour engines pointing to Khorne stuff, but there are many pointing towards Slaanesh

Are you talking about all of those grot rumors?  ?

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

That would be the most horribly unbalanced force ever.  It is probably very mean to sell something where the Khorne players are guaranteed to lose every time.

Nobody aside from @Skreech Verminking would buy that box.

I think we had our fun let’s go back to rumors which have a better chance of being released than 40k vs aos. (Sounds horrible afterall there is no chance of a 40k army defeating squieks in aos)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

That would be the most horribly unbalanced force ever.  It is probably very mean to sell something where the Khorne players are guaranteed to lose every time.

Nobody aside from @Skreech Verminking would buy that box.

Incorrect! I would buy the only box, and sell it to @Skreech Verminking for his stash of clanrats.

I know you have a bunch. I must have most-most! ;)

Okay, rumour time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Imperial said:

i see only 3 enchanted battletomes (Seraphones, Archaon and Fireslayers). I hope we will get updates for all factions like 40k got.

Archaon is still available in print version, but skaven and BCR are digital only as well. Interstingly, depending on wether I set the filters manually or search Battletome in generall, the digital versions are there or disapeared. Makes me wonder if either thers a bug or if they are right in the process of deleting....

P.S. Bonespliters are digital only, too.

Edited by Bloodmaster

4 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Archaon is still available in print version, but skaven and BCR are digital only as well. Interstingly, depending on wether I set the filters manually or search Battletome in generall, the digital versions are there or disapeared. Makes me wonder if either thers a bug or if they are right in the process of deleting....

P.S. Bonespliters are digital only, too.

Deleted all battletomes before Blades of Khorne (exception FlashEaters and Archaon)

6 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I was reading them recently and they really need an update: no warscrolls of all units, no points lists, thin on add-ons (artefacts, lore etc...)

Yeah and even more recent tomes should get an update. When I got the the kahadron tome in may I spend so much time correcting stuff and after the new FAQ and new points again  my corrections have corrections ? 

which is understandable and a good thing but imagine a new player buying the thing getting to his first game and just getting pointed to how much has changed... 

hope they print less tomes in advance and just replace the files at the printer more often  

22 minutes ago, Kramer said:

hope they print less tomes in advance and just replace the files at the printer more often  

And I hope that they PRINT ON THEM the version of the tome with the mention "including all rules up to THIS  date  dd/mm/YYYY"

They could also add few BLANK pages at the end for the owner can add some note/FAQ etc...

• Like 6

3 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

And I hope that they PRINT ON THEM the version of the tome with the mention "including all rules up to THIS  date  dd/mm/YYYY"

They could also add few BLANK pages at the end for the owner can add some note/FAQ etc...

And update the digital editions. But they seem getting ahead on that one. Yesterday I saw I had 4 or five updates waiting in the iBooks store. From the skirmish booklet to the core book. 

Shame it doesn’t show the changes though. But still it’s a step in the right direction. If they get that up and running I’ll will only buy digital and maybe some hard covers just for the collection side of things. 

1 hour ago, blueshirtman said:

single goblin with a spear mega buffed in to doing 16 wounds. Demons getting blown up by a lucky gobbo rolling +5/+6 and the titan failing its +2 sv.

Well, the FAQ removed that hilarious scenario. But I can picture a huge Daemon going: Nani? What's that power? and a grot screaming while shining, with rocks floating around and the spear shooting an energy bomb of pure Waagh, full anime style ?