The Rumour Thread

With how backed up and messed up their production lines are rn, I think they will still release a roadmap still but it wont be anywhere near as aggressive. Maybe 2 battletomes per quarter max, wouldnt be surprised to see a quarter with only 1 dropping.

1 hour ago, EthanolMuffins said:

With how backed up and messed up their production lines are rn, I think they will still release a roadmap still but it wont be anywhere near as aggressive. Maybe 2 battletomes per quarter max, wouldnt be surprised to see a quarter with only 1 dropping.

There will be 23 battletomes come aos 4, 24 if IJ and KB are split. The edition will have 12 quarters, leaving the last 2 or 3 free for end of edition campaign stuff then there should be at least 2 battletomes per quarter if they want to get them all out. I expect q3 this year to be skaven + stormcast. Q4 will probably only be 2 books also. But I think 2025 we'll see most of the books done by end of the year which is like 3 books per quarter. If we see a roadmap it'll be the first 4 books, and then they give us the grand alliance of the first book for next year or something. Maybe not at this showcase but whenever they show off the non launch box skaven and stormcast stuff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Well we shouldn’t be banking that they will get a refresh this edition either way. But it already a big task just to redo Gluttons, Leadbelcher, and Ironguts while also having room to redo every single resin unit (especially since most of them are on the BCR side)

there also a possibility they sunset the whole range and reimagined them into a new range like what happen to Freeguild , High elves to LRL, or TK to OBR.

Or it could be a Gloomspite/Fec situation, with the replacement of resign kits plus a bunch of new characters and one or two original units. 

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."

2 hours ago, novakai said:

there also a possibility they sunset the whole range and reimagined them into a new range like what happen to Freeguild , High elves to LRL, or TK to OBR.

I think this will be the most likely scenario.

50 minutes ago, Luperci said:

There will be 23 battletomes come aos 4, 24 if IJ and KB are split. The edition will have 12 quarters, leaving the last 2 or 3 free for end of edition campaign stuff then there should be at least 2 battletomes per quarter if they want to get them all out. I expect q3 this year to be skaven + stormcast. Q4 will probably only be 2 books also. But I think 2025 we'll see most of the books done by end of the year which is like 3 books per quarter. If we see a roadmap it'll be the first 4 books, and then they give us the grand alliance of the first book for next year or something. Maybe not at this showcase but whenever they show off the non launch box skaven and stormcast stuff.

25 with Chorfs :P

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think this will be the most likely scenario.

As much as I like the Ogors, I don't see them being ever that popular to justify the investment of a whole range overall. Sadly. 

1 minute ago, Swamp Trogg said:

As much as I like the Ogors, I don't see them being ever that popular to justify the investment of a whole range overall. Sadly. 

Isn't it almost the same investment giving them a new look than refreshing their units following the same aesthetic?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I mean 

• Frost Sabre
  • Icebrow Hunter
  • Icefall Yhetee
  • Firebelly
  • Butcher
  • Slaughtermaster
  • Maneater

just 7 resin kits the thing with Ogres is that they have a bunch of aged infantry models like the Gluttons and Irongut. If we're being generous something like Maneater or Firebelly can just slotted for a Warband like Gorgers were while Icebrow Hunter is kind of redundant with the bloodpelt hunter

Ogre definitely will be getting that Slaves/Seraphon update at one point in 4th edition it like 1 of 3/4 armies that requires a "refresh" level update

I think the Icebrow wont bw updated at all and the Bloodpelt will just be its replacement.

50 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

zero proof other than pure gut instinct: ogors will be fine and they will get a refresh.  not now, but not never.

if you want actual proof they're consistently top 10 in popularity at tournaments despite being a fantasy carryover with almost nothing new, it's clearly an untapped market.

• Like 1

The popularity of trolls for players may support investment in similarly-sized ogres, but I'd love an ogre design that either hews closer to the size and form of the Cities ogre(s). But honestly not 100% where a reimagining of ogres would take them - they should be as diverse as the realms (just as the cities should be, but sadly arent), but won't be - as though all ogres look the same. I really dislike that failure of ability to capture scale in AoS models design :(

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

The popularity of trolls for players may support investment in similarly-sized ogres, but I'd love an ogre design that either hews closer to the size and form of the Cities ogre(s). But honestly not 100% where a reimagining of ogres would take them - they should be as diverse as the realms (just as the cities should be, but sadly arent), but won't be - as though all ogres look the same. I really dislike that failure of ability to capture scale in AoS models design :(

Nah I’d prefer it if they keep their distinct look of having some guts.

it’s unique

although a few more faces wouldn’t hurt the kits.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nah I’d prefer it if they keep their distinct look of having some guts.

it’s unique

although a few more faces wouldn’t hurt the kits.

ogors ain't ogors unless they got rolls.  a skinny OMT update is a thing of nightmares.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Didn't he/she say that after the purge?

The underworld and warcry came from a 4chan "rumor" that contradict themselves twice in on post

Yes , it was few days after the great purge April 10Th: " Oh there is going to be plenty( weird things) . Something completely a challenge to logic."

And on Ogor squat he said on April 9th  :" Can't see that happening in the coming 3 years but there is always uncertainty for weird things."

I checked  the original rumors about Underworlds and Warcry comes actually from Hastings from the blog War of sigmar around 9th/10 of April  :

"I have, however, also heard that WHU is going away...... and I should add there were rumours of it being replaced with something "similar" but for 40k"

"Although I did hear that GW is going to be pushing "spearhead" hard as the new "entry level skirmish" system for AoS, so Warcry may not be around forever."

"I have literally heard a few moments ago that Warcry might not be around much longer (and by this I do not mean instantly, more like 18 months or so) as they want to push this new "spearhead" format as the "skirmish level entry to AoS proper", whether that's accurate or not who knows.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Garrac said:

No leaks on CSM, no leaks on the starter box, no leaks on 4th, no leaks on next week's preview.

The west has fallen.

I've received one rumour about the launch box via WhatsApp but it looks more wishlist than anything:

Stormcast:

- Lord Vigilant on Gryph
- Hero Knight - Like
- 5 liberators with Shields
- 5 liberators with hammers
- 3 reclusians y 2 memorians
- 3 prosecutors 

Skavens

- clawlord on mount
- revealed engineer
- 20 clanrats (all different)
- 3 jezzails 
- leaked ratling
- rat ogre 

Y 4 scenery elements

- ruined wall section
- ruined house frame
- watchtower with bell
- sigmarite statue with hammer

21 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes , it was few days after the great purge April 10Th: " Oh there is going to be plenty( weird things) . Something completely a challenge to logic."

And on Ogor squat he said on April 9th  :" Can't see that happening in the coming 3 years but there is always uncertainty for weird things."

I checked  the original rumors about Underworlds and Warcry comes actually from Hastings from the blog War of sigmar around 9th/10 of April  :

"I have, however, also heard that WHU is going away...... and I should add there were rumours of it being replaced with something "similar" but for 40k"

"Although I did hear that GW is going to be pushing "spearhead" hard as the new "entry level skirmish" system for AoS, so Warcry may not be around forever."

"I have literally heard a few moments ago that Warcry might not be around much longer (and by this I do not mean instantly, more like 18 months or so) as they want to push this new "spearhead" format as the "skirmish level entry to AoS proper", whether that's accurate or not who knows.

The last bits aren't from Whitefang, are they?

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I think the Icebrow wont bw updated at all and the Bloodpelt will just be its replacement.

Likewise I can see maneaters, firebelly, slaughtermaster and yhetees being canned.

Frost sabres could potentially be in that list too, but there's a cat in one of the underworlds warbands, so that could be a sign they're being revamped.

I'm not sure if they'll update gluttons/leadbelchers/ironguts either.

If they do, and the new designs look closer to the bloodpelt hunter, then they'd potentially have to redo the beastclaw stuff too, as the riders are quite similar to current gutbusters.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Ok. This is a VERY important point. Hastings is a FAKE. They are pretending to be the old Hastings from before but they have a terrible track records. They got the launch of the old world completely wrong. They were the one that said Malerion's elves were on the way after silver tower. Don't believe a word they say. It's all just poorly informed guess work. Anything they get right is just a coincidence. 

For context, this is what they said about the old world. All complete nonsense. Screenshot_20240509-180012.png.09dae2587b8d87d94f36f5a80b326509.png

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Likewise I can see maneaters, firebelly, slaughtermaster and yhetees being canned.

I'd forgotten that the Yhetees were even still around. I semi-regularly play against two different Ogor opponents and neither of them have the models. They're like real-world yetis... sightings of them are incredibly rare! 

• Haha 2

+++ Mod Had On +++

Those are lovely Yhetees but lets get back to rumours. Hopefully as it's Thursday we will see something on the community site.

As I've previously mentioned, the new edition looks ace but all the stop start drip feeding of information is having the opposite effect on my enthusiasm.  

• Thanks 1