The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The problem is that as has been pointed out there are presumably people who have bought painted and played exclusively with Big Waagh. Suddenly their army is gone and they're left with two half armies. 

I don't know that much greenskin players that don't have a proper WAAAGH! of at the very least 4000 pts on the shelf.

Edited by karbur

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The problem is that as has been pointed out there are presumably people who have bought painted and played exclusively with Big Waagh. Suddenly their army is gone and they're left with two half armies. 

One possible bright side is that Nagash has different warscrolls for different factions. 

One way of fixing the balance issue is having an ironjawz version of a scroll and a big waagh version of a scroll which can be pointed differently. 

Unfortunate for those guys if turning them into two armies isn't possible, hopefully they'll be able to ally them at the very least.

I really want to see Kruleboyz in particular greatly expanded this edition as to me they feel like half an army as it is.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

The damage output of the Slaughterpriest is not really impressive

Don't tell me. We're about to get unimpressive hero statlines.

Yep

4/3+/3+/-1/2 ?

Most likely

Bring it on.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean their army probably got gutted anyway because BSZ is being discontinued from AOS regardless. (Especially the Wurrgog Prophet who had a specific role in BW)

Yes, but the thing is, left with scraps of an army I'm much more likely to drop orcs completely than I am to try and rebuild based on leftovers. I think in the long run, separating the armies is a good move, but doing it now, after losing Bonesplitters feels more like a 2nd punch in the gut when I hadn't even gotten my breath back yet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I like that the whole spell lore is available to my wizards with manifestations on top, and while I don't have any priests they sound pretty thematic.

Hoping the lack of Orruk Warclans keyword means Ironjawz and Kruleboyz get their own dedicated battletomes in 4th edition and it's not just an index thing. I don't think they did a good job with balancing them and Big Waaagh at the same time.

The problem with Ironjawz and Kruleboyz was not Big Waaagh. Most of the time of the edition Big Waaagh was worse than any of the three, and only when Magic was good and the new táctics come they become good.

Without Big Waaagh the results of Ironjawz and Krule would be the same. You are looking a tree and you don't see the forest behind

10 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Doesn't something similar to this happen with various Tzaangor units depending on if they are in Slaves, Beasts or Disciples?

Tzaangors had different point values between Tzeentch and Beasts, I believe the warscroll where the exact same with maybe a keyword difference

17 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The problem with Ironjawz and Kruleboyz was not Big Waaagh. Most of the time of the edition Big Waaagh was worse than any of the three, and only when Magic was good and the new táctics come they become good.

Without Big Waaagh the results of Ironjawz and Krule would be the same. You are looking a tree and you don't see the forest behind

I didn't say Big Waaagh was always necessarily better than the others at all times, it suffered too before yes.  It's probably more difficult to balance what's basically multiple very different Orruk factions in the same tome at the same time, and I hope that if they separate them into their own tomes they'll be able to put more thought and flavour into them individually. Sorry if I'm missing the trees or whatever.

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I didn't say Big Waaagh was always necessarily better than the others at all times, it suffered too before yes.  It's probably more difficult to balance what's basically multiple very different Orruk factions in the same tome at the same time, and I hope that if they separate them into their own tomes they'll be able to put more thought and flavour into each one individually. Sorry if I'm missing the trees or whatever.

Two separates book would be the same. The problem was that it was a initial book like SCE, not a mixed book. We have Aeldari as an example of a mixed book that was flavour, complete and with múltiple styles of play.

They never balanced with BW in mind, they started doing that after It reached the 60% of winrate and points were not touched outside Prophet, they continue decresing all Ironjawz and Kruleboyz points every Battlescroll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Looks good. It's a shame that the chosen lore has to be per army and not per wizard like in TOW.

Also, looking at that Slaughterpriest, I hoped for a bit more survivability for characters on foot, but it doesn't look promising. A Kroxigor only has to look at the Slaughterpriest and the Slaughterpriest is dead.

It seems that AoS 4th edition will be very, very lethal. Nothing will last long in melee combat.

Edit: The damage output of the Slaughterpriest is not really impressive compared to the Weirnob Shaman 😞 Sigh, He is a warrior priest of Khorne...

Aren't their combat stats both sort of similar to what they're current warscrolls are like? Slaughterpriest d6 mortals got nerfed to be only in combat but its also free no longer a prayer so I feel like he's way more scary to be in combat with than the weirdnob. 

Edited by MotherGoose

Just now, Ragest said:

I think is impossible to explain worse how prayers work

Yeah lol... my understanding is that to chant a prayer you make a chanting roll. If that roll isn't a 1 you get the roll in points, but if you roll over the required target for the prayer you're chanting you lose that many points and the chant is successful?

So let's say I roll a 5 when attempting the witchbane curse. I get 5 points but immediately 'spend' 4 of them so am left with 1.

7 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

Aren't their combat stats both sort of similar to what they're current warscrolls are like? Slaughterpriest d6 mortals got nerfed to be only in combat but its also free no longer a prayer so I feel like he's way more scary to be in combat with than the weirdnob. 

Yes, and my biggest problem with AoS was that heroes on foot are worthless. A Chaos Lord, Soulblight Vampire were nothing special in combat. All foot heroes have more or less the same stats. Only small variations. My Chaos Lord avoided combat.

The Weirdnob has more or less the same damage output 3/4/3/1/D3 vs 4/3/3/1/2 isn't a huge difference. In the shooting phase the Weirdnob can seriously weaken or kill the Slaughterpriest and than combat has to start.

As a priest of battle and blood it's best for him to avoide combat, if he don't want to die the second he enters combat. You can't force the enemy unit anymore to divide its attacks. So every foot hero with wounds between 5-6 is probably death the moment he/she enters combat.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

1) Roll a D6 Chanting Roll
2) Gain that many RP unless it's a 1 (then you lose D3 RP).
3) Decide whether you want to "Cast" the Prayer with your points
4) If you do, cast the prayer and lose the RP cost. If not, keep the points.

You can decide to hoard RP for better effects.

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

1) Roll a D6 Chanting Roll
2) Gain that many RP unless it's a 1 (then you lose D3 RP).
3) Decide whether you want to "Cast" the Prayer with your points
4) If you do, cast the prayer and lose the RP cost. If not, keep the points.

You can decide to hoard RP for better effects.

As it is written, I understand that you must choose a prayer before rolling the chanting roll (maybe some prayers will have bonus/penalties for the roll? Or, it may be to prevent you from rolling to gather points if you do not have non-repeated prayers).

Edited by Someravella

4 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yes, and my biggest problem with AoS was that heroes on foot are worthless. A Chaos Lord, Soulblight Vampire were nothing special in combat. All foot heroes have more or less the same stats. Only small variations. My Chaos Lord avoided combat.

The Weirdnob has more or less the same damage output 3/4/3/1/D3 vs 4/3/3/1/2 isn't a huge difference. In the shooting phase the Weirdnob can seriously weaken or kill the Slaughterpriest and than combat has to start.

As a priest of battle and blood it's best for him to avoide combat, if he don't want to die the second he enters combat. You can't force the enemy unit anymore to divide its attacks. So every foot hero with wounds between 5-6 is probably death the moment he/she enters combat.

I was hoping they ported the hero model  can be attach to a unit rule from 40K for this edition but nothing yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

Maybe it’s for the good ! We will know very soon . Or maybe we will have one BT for IJ, one BT for KB and one BT for orruk warclan ?

Nah. If they split it they won't release another BT for Big Wagh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

28ddcT0MXhcwwqTV.jpg.ea41b45a4de549fff4496df0300e6473.jpg

Really liking the new shaman scroll. Can get them to a power lvl 2 pretty easily. 6 armor save from 5 hurts but maybe if the wrekkaz and ragerz don't get consolidated wrekkaz may become a shaman bodyguard type unit instead. 🤔

And if the orruk clans are separated these weirdos become our only shooting. 🤘🤪🤘

It is fitting I suppose, I'm not sure what ranged units the IJ could get, archers would feel out of place, crossbows and cannon too high tech imo.

27 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I didn't say Big Waaagh was always necessarily better than the others at all times, it suffered too before yes.  It's probably more difficult to balance what's basically multiple very different Orruk factions in the same tome at the same time, and I hope that if they separate them into their own tomes they'll be able to put more thought and flavour into them individually. Sorry if I'm missing the trees or whatever.

Gameplay balance aside, it probably better for them to split in the long term in a model release perspective. both sides could use more model in general and every edition your one mandatory hero is at least related to the army you want to play. If not one side will end up like Harelquins who will never get anything when they are part of Aeldari.

that and there a clearer biological difference and distinction between Ironjawz and Kruleboyz, even though they are both Orruks they are almost a different species appreance wise.

if course this is all speculation base on a missing keyword from a warscroll.