The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

That's awesome! May the Crow grant you arcane knowledge and change the rolls in your favour, friend!

While waiting for the eventual Chaos Duardin, I'm pondering if I should start a Legion of the First Prince force and to dedicate myself to Be'lakor. Down with the Everchosen!

Although your choice of image made me try to think fitting ice cream flavours for each of the gods. I'm at blood-red strawberry for Khorne, rich and decadent chocolate for Slaanesh, slightly off vanilla for Nurgle and "OH MY GOODNESS WHY DID YOU POUR PEPSI IN THE FREEZER" for Tzeentch.

Thoughts?

Thank you @Public Universal Duardin, may you roll nat 6s and your models be masterfully painted.

I myself am jumping on the Be'lakor Bandwagon, since GW is really only letting him advance the plot in Chaos' favor in any of the settings. His new model looks amazing and has a ton of kit bash/conversion material/potential, especially the dead marine or chaos warrior. Finally, his Total War voice actor is Richard Armitage. Honestly the only way they could make him better is if he decided to bring back the Tomb Kings to troll Nagash.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

My money is on the following being revealed next Wednesday/Thursday:

World Eaters: Full berzerker kit, new hero(es) such as the Berserker-surgeon mentioned in the White Dwarf, followed by fast attack and terminators.

Leagues of Votann: Full range and box (enough said).

Guard: New cadians, teaser of codex.

Misc/hopes: Dark Mechanicus teaser, Tau Empire

HH

New resin character.

Plastic Assault Marines.

Mk II Marines

Vehicle

upgrade kits

AOS

Chaos: Tzeentch Battletome (plus new units?), Khorne Underworlds team + new range teaser, Chorfs teaser.

Death: FEC update(?) and battle tome, Cursed Cities expansions, Warcry teaser.

Destruction: Ogors (battle tome) My Lord! SoB Battletome, Gloomspite Gitz teaser.

Order: Lumineth Battletome, Dawnbringers Crusade

General: Season of War: Thondia part II, Gork/Mork Boogaloo.

I think you're being a tad optimistic there!

I think 

Full Votann reveal

Next campaign book

AoS

Reveal of 2 destruction battletomes 

Next season of war book

HH

Marines lol

Underworlds 

Full khorne Warband reveal and teaser of next starter set.

That's all I'm expecting anything else will be gravy on top.

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 1

Votann with a BIG thing to show

Astra Militarum sneak peek

AoS

Reveal of Tzeentch and Lumineth Battletomes

Season of War Gallet + New Boxset with the Gallet Incarnate (The scuttlerthing)

HH

Bikes

Underworlds 

Khorne Warband + Deck.
New season sneak peek (Lumineth vs...)

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Sad 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

AoS

HH

Bikes

Underworlds 

Khorne Warband + Deck.

I won’t lie @Nezzhil,that is a depressingly small amount of stuff to be revealed in a week. Here’s hoping this isn’t completely true and we get a few surprises along the way.

• Like 3

LEages of Votaan:  Modern Land Train equivalent

AOS: Tzeench Battletome

Horus Heresy: New Vehicle, additional customization sprues for infantry. 

Warhammer Underworlds: 1 new warband. 

Keeping my expectations low, that way anything more than that and Ill be pleasantly surprised. 

3 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I won’t lie @Nezzhil,that is a depressingly small amount of stuff to be revealed in a week. Here’s hoping this isn’t completely true and we get a few surprises along the way.

Check events like this. We are talking of releases for the next two or three months.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, EntMan said:

Space Dwarves are after your money!

You're right. I must remain strong. I must do it for them. And I would do it again. I do it for him, that is to say, I'll do it for them 🎶

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

New Kharadron Thunderers just dropped.

FaxTlMMXEAQhjyz?format=jpg&name=large

Article.

I recently read a BOLS article speculating that Votann would replace "classic Marines" as the jack-of-all-trades army, and they DO remind me of classic SM...and I'm fully okay with that, as they're who I started 40K with hahah

43 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like Tzeentch as mint chocolate chip would look really cool!

Ah yes, the only flavour that has driven men mad!

15 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Thank you @Public Universal Duardin, may you roll nat 6s and your models be masterfully painted.

I myself am jumping on the Be'lakor Bandwagon, since GW is really only letting him advance the plot in Chaos' favor in any of the settings. His new model looks amazing and has a ton of kit bash/conversion material/potential, especially the dead marine or chaos warrior. Finally, his Total War voice actor is Richard Armitage. Honestly the only way they could make him better is if he decided to bring back the Tomb Kings to troll Nagash.

Somehow that's exactly something I'd expect him to do 😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jarminiatures said:

I was playing at a tournament over the weekend so only really catching up, but that is definitely the vibe for Lumineth IMO and it actually feels punitive.

Caveating that it's a box and not a battletome, Bladelords and Dawnriders needed to come down in points, not go up! Likewise, the changes to Sentinels are welcome for the benefit of everyone but they are now overcosted. The thing is too, the rumours that talked about 24", no LoS back a few weeks/months also heavily hinted at Lambent Light being nerfed and so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that there's an extra nerf coming in the near future.

I took a quick look at some numbers with 20 Sentinels vs their best benchmark - Reavers (also 20). With the changes from the box they're still similar points (now 165 vs 170 per 10) but now have a similarish effective threat range (30" for Sentinels vs 26" for Reavers) that is now much closer in quality (i.e. Sentinels don't ignore LoS rules anymore). I couldn't factor in the Sentinels' targets potentially not getting a cover save and Sentinels having Aetherquartz, or Reavers getting +1 to hit within 9" - but I don't expect the impact would be material.  I've done two scenarios each, where Sentinels have Power of Hysh in both (which isn't guaranteed but is probable) and then with and without Lambent Light as it currently stands (I've presumed the re-work severely nerfs it, I accept this is a presumption for this scenario). I'm unsure how exactly the calculator is figuring out the re-rolls with regards to Lambent Light MW fishing, but also there was no way to take an attack away for Sentinels since the High Sentinel can't shoot so every single Lumineth value below is slightly overstated. 

All in all - I think as a rudimentary calculation this is okay.

In every single scenario, as armour saves improve Reavers fairly quickly catch up and then surpass Sentinels yet they cost nearly the same. 

NO WARD

image.png.1cc6337dbdd9a76e99142d2b72aefd44.png

6+ WARD

image.png.637595f534cf1ddea51e321b9ac213c6.png

5+ WARD

image.png.f73f9187a09dcae2f3330b811e3042e9.png

4+ WARD

image.png.f6a16ac2d991aa271f40d8585623d661.png

Just so we're clear here, This is what 9 boltboyz (360 points) looks like damage wise with and without buffs.
image.png.97f8a97420c8c2f61645c28ad87e5495.png

Heres the missing boltboy profile and 20/30 blissbarbs (280/420 points)
image.png.148f54613cf3d206302d0b3f58952ede.png

330 points of the new sentinels have a higher threat range than boltboyz (30" threat vs 24", or 27" in big yellers), outdamage them against all but the 17" or 20" profile on low saves, and are significantly more durable (20W vs 18W, 5+ save vs 6+ with far better bravery.).
They compare pretty well vs blissbarbs too, doing better vs anything but terrible saves per point.

Kruleboyz might not be good, but boltboyz are a solid shooting unit, and short of spending 400+ points to buff them sentinels compare very well against them. They don't really seem out of line at all to me.

Edited by Ganigumo
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

My time in AoS is growing short if they don't reveal an Ogor book soon. It's literally the only thing I've wanted since last year, and losing every game I play with my favorite army has gotten old.

🍻 Heres to hoping its because of some big things coming for you fatty fans. You, the rats, the goats, and the lizards deserve something soon!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

My time in AoS is growing short if they don't reveal an Ogor book soon. It's literally the only thing I've wanted since last year, and losing every game I play with my favorite army has gotten old.

If a King Brodd kit is coming, I cannot imagine ogors get nothing! 

I hate to say it bc I'm sure GW doesn't even think this way but: with Total Warhammer 3 being out, I could see someone making the decision to hold chorf and ogor AOS stuff back until their TWW3 content is ready for release (chorf as a new faction and adding new ogre lords/units).

Most likely: AOS got sidetracked again to ship more 40k first

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

image.jpeg.0d4394a834cc59100c4e2ee1185ab056.jpeg

Uneducated guesses then.

40k - Easy one first. Army Box for the Votann, the Land Train, maybe what's left of the army to reveal. Full Khorne Berserker unit reveal.

AoS - Lumineth and Disciples Battletomes. Mawtribe and Gloomspite will get a Battlebox reveal but no confirmation of 'Tomes despite everybody knowing they'll be coming five minutes after anyway.

30k - New Praetors.

Underworlds - Full reveal of the Khorne warband. Name reveal for the new season and a single model revealed from it.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

Gutbusters really do need help.

3 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Just so we're clear here, This is what 9 boltboyz (360 points) looks like damage wise with and without buffs.
image.png.97f8a97420c8c2f61645c28ad87e5495.png

Heres the missing boltboy profile and 20/30 blissbarbs (280/420 points)
image.png.148f54613cf3d206302d0b3f58952ede.png

330 points of the new sentinels have a higher threat range than boltboyz (30" threat vs 24", or 27" in big yellers), outdamage them against all but the 17" or 20" profile on low saves, and are significantly more durable (20W vs 18W, 5+ save vs 6+ with far better bravery.).
They compare pretty well vs blissbarbs too, doing better vs anything but terrible saves per point.

Kruleboyz might not be good, but boltboyz are a solid shooting unit, and short of spending 400+ points to buff them sentinels compare very well against them. They don't really seem out of line at all to me.

I mean I don't think you'd find many people who would say Kruelboyz don't need a boost? Game balance shouldn't be a race to the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I think you're being a tad optimistic there!

I think 

Full Votann reveal

Next campaign book

AoS

Reveal of 2 destruction battletomes 

Next season of war book

HH

Marines lol

Underworlds 

Full khorne Warband reveal and teaser of next starter set.

That's all I'm expecting anything else will be gravy on top.

Destruction Tomes and Seasons of War would be chefs kiss!!

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

AoS

HH

Bikes

Underworlds 

Khorne Warband + Deck.

I hate to admit it but Im going to agree. Ill be even harsher on AOS and expect only the LRL and DOT Tomes.

4 hours ago, Raviv said:

Blessed by Whitefang, so it must be true.

Dawnbringer model sneak peek!?

3 hours ago, DinoJon said:

I always hope for more Seraphon reveals but expect more Aelf reveals. 

I do hope they update the road map and show what's coming down the line in the next 6 months. 

The last roadmap was awesome, even just for Factions. I hope they do it again because the next will be full of Death.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Yeah but boltboyz are absolutely mot the reason KB are bad. Its nearly everything else

There are plenty of KB things that aren't great, but every army has bad rules/units that aren't used. 

Just make Hobgrots non-conditional battleline and KB are markedly better. Frees up 200 points per list.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aakkxxzz said:

There are plenty of KB things that aren't great, but every army has bad rules/units that aren't used. 

Just make Hobgrots non-conditional battleline and KB are markedly better. Frees up 200 points per list.

While I understand this statement is it too much to ask from a company thats been doing it 30 years and charges a premium amount for their product to be able to make said product balanced in a system of their own design?  

Or am I asking too much? 

• Like 2