The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Anyone else started using the word 'portent' in conversation recently? 

My gf remarked on my vocabulary but i didn't want to admit I only knew the word from a toy. 

I know a lot of the more esoteric words in my vocabulary through wargaming (esoteric may well be one of them). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

If they do got the Death Stormcast route, I'm also hoping they do something to make them uniquely death and not the CSM route which are basically Space Marines with horns. I can't remember, but in the lore when Stormcast dies, does their whole body, armor and all get taken back to heaven to be reforged, or just the soul? I guess if it's the whole thing, we're more like to get Stormcasts, but with more bones. We'll see. Maybe its all a big misdirection and we're getting new Nighthaunt models instead. It could happen. Right? Please?

11 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

If they do got the Death Stormcast route, I'm also hoping they do something to make them uniquely death and not the CSM route which are basically Space Marines with horns. I can't remember, but in the lore when Stormcast dies, does their whole body, armor and all get taken back to heaven to be reforged, or just the soul? I guess if it's the whole thing, we're more like to get Stormcasts, but with more bones. We'll see. Maybe its all a big misdirection and we're getting new Nighthaunt models instead. It could happen. Right? Please?

The armor and weapons go back.

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Ironjawz have been known to have SE trophies... just saying. ;)

It seems like they can leave some equipment behind, say they drop a sword and fight on with just their hammer, the sword doesnt go with them.  But whatever they have on them when they die goes back with them.

Thats what i've gathered from the books anyway.

20 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

It seems like they can leave some equipment behind, say they drop a sword and fight on with just their hammer, the sword doesnt go with them.  But whatever they have on them when they die goes back with them.

Thats what i've gathered from the books anyway.

I think that's the opposite of what is in the battletome, but I'm at work and don't have it to reference. 

7 minutes ago, chord said:

I think that's the opposite of what is in the battletome, but I'm at work and don't have it to reference. 

What they have on them stays and what they drop goes back? I havent read the battletome, just the black library books but that doesnt sound right.

7 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

What they have on them stays and what they drop goes back? I havent read the battletome, just the black library books but that doesnt sound right.

Sorry bad wording, I meant everything goes back with them that (armor weapons)

6 hours ago, bsharitt said:

I posted this elsewhere as I thought the same thing kind of:

1 minute ago, Turragor said:

I know people are sick of stormcast, I'm sick of hearing people are sick of stormcast BUT has anyone thought about how cool they'll be when they're not the good guys?

Someone mentioned Dark Souls and the idea of Stormcast as the black knights really stuck.

These aren't going to be only exalting in death and killing. Not from the lore build up.

There are those clues which indicate the removal of their personality brings them more towards automatons who reflect the characteristics of their chamber -  so not just machine like skeletons but beings who need absolute order (just want everything ORDERED and order means killing all the messy, disordered, chaotic living beings), beings who become pure vengeance, almost beastlike beings.

It's a bit like Chaos space marines as a concept but it's much more exciting because - as far as I understand it - these will be the stormcast from all stormhosts (not a fallen few) that have died enough.

Perhaps.

And how will they look? If they're larger than human stormcast resurrected, then why stormcast? You could resurrect ogors or orruks (I hope we get blended race skeletons tbh). I have to assume their mechanic of being reborn will remain but with a nagash twist. What would that mean? Sloughing flesh and bones? Spirits? Or a reimagining of death for AoS?

Tl:dr - we're looking at gothic stormcast possibly but that may not at all be a bad thing

4 hours ago, Sete said:

There was an Ironjaw that had a Lord Celestant Helmet has a trophy

The book says it usually all goes back so stormcast armour trophy's are precious and usually prized. (Think it's in the bit about the ironjawz clan that paints their armour gold to be like them). Co up e be in the ironjawz painting guide now that I think about it.

• Like 1